Thread: The Flyers D

Dobber Sports Pro

Default The Flyers D

I've noticed that Pronger, Timonen, Carle are on pace for 40 or so points each. Even Meszaros could hit 30+. Owning Pronger for the next year or 2 or 3 seems like a given. But in a keeper, points only situation, do you see a higher upside with the other 3 guys given the current situation in Phili? Or does one have to drop out to make room for the others?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Pronger and Timonen are the two big ones, though they're both getting fairly old as well.

Carle is probably worth owning in a lot of Keepers.

Dobber Sports Novice

Put it this way: If I was a GM of an NHL team, I would not offer Timonen anything but year-to-year contracts. Carle you look at locking up for a couple years.

Meszaros is not likely to be much better than he is.

I think Timonen is maybe the slightly better bet for this year, but if you're looking beyond a couple of years I think Carle is the obvious choice. I also think Carle has a better ability to put up points in the event of a trade.

That said, I don't really see any of those guys hitting another level at this stage in their careers.
    15 team keeper league, points only. G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3 (+2 for the W). Scoring based on top 9F, 4D, 1G. Free agents are any available player over the age of 23. Limit 2 FA signings. Points count from time of trade or FA signing. Roster freeze is NHL trade deadline. 10 keepers (+2 prospects) at end of year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Carle has the ability to be a very good PP QB in the near-ish future. I've been high on him for a couple years, his performance in the playoffs last year solidified my opinion.

I think the guy no one is talking about could also end up being the future PP QB though... Brayden Coburn.

He was highly touted, has a very strong upside, and like the majority of Dmen (not everyone is Doughty!) he is taking his time developing... Apparently working on his defensive side first, again, like a lot of Dmen do.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by neksys View Post
    Put it this way: If I was a GM of an NHL team, I would not offer Timonen anything but year-to-year contracts. Carle you look at locking up for a couple years.
    Glad you arent the GM of the flyers cause Timo has been our best dman before pronger got here and isnt that far behind him in what he brings to this team. He does so many intangibles that dont show up in the boxscore. He makes a great first pass and knows how to neutralize a player very well. yes he is getting older but no way is he washed up.

I will take timonen every day of the week over carle for the next couple years, hands down.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger