Thread: Erhoff's injury

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Erhoff's injury

I was wondering if it would be worth dropping a player like Brassard or Stalburg to pick up Demers to cover Erhoff's concussion? If anyone has any thoughts that would be great.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Tough to know with concussions. I don't know, or haven't heard the serverity or length of time he may be out. Demers would be a nice fill in though, and Stalburg would be the one I would drop if Erhoff is going to be out any amount of time.

Dobber Sports Guru

I was gonna say the same thing -- I'd drop Stalberg for Demers.

I read here somewhere that the puck to the head didn't seem too bad -- but as Letnry says, it's impossible to say with concussions.

I hope he's back soon though.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would consider letting Raycroft go and hanging onto your wingers. Lehtonen is likely back next game or two and you are awfully deep in goal for that size of league.

Dobber Sports Novice

I don't like dropping Brassard for a short term fix. For all the concerns about this guy's so-called "injury history" he played 79 games last year. This year he is on pace to break 50 points and has the tools to do more in subsequent years.

I agree with the other posters - if you drop anyone, it should be Stalberg or one of your goaltenders.

That said, the Canucks are apparently very conservative with returns concussions (as teams should be) so there isn't any timeline anyone can give you that would be any better than a guess. Maybe the safest thing to do is stay the course - Demers is fine as a short term fix but if Erhoff is back in a week you may have lost more ground than you gain.
    15 team keeper league, points only. G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3 (+2 for the W). Scoring based on top 9F, 4D, 1G. Free agents are any available player over the age of 23. Limit 2 FA signings. Points count from time of trade or FA signing. Roster freeze is NHL trade deadline. 10 keepers (+2 prospects) at end of year.