Thread: Shea Weber

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Shea Weber

In strictly points production, what do you expect for him this season? Will he return to his 50 pts form or was that an anomaly. Getting out of Nashville would of course help, but if he stays there, what should we expect from him?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't know if he'll put up 50 this year but I would think he will get close (40-45pts). Weber's starting to heat up now so I would think he will return to old form and put up a strong 2nd half. Nash really has to get that PP going though.
    14 Team Dynasty League - 23 man roster, 25 man minors w/ custom cap, salaries & contracts
    Skaters: (Start: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D) - G/A/Pt/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/STP/TOI
    Goalies: (Start 2) - W/GAA/SV/SV%
    C: Schiefele, Zacha, RyJo, Patrick
    LW: Guentzel, J.Robertson, Domi, Kempe
    RW: Puljujarvi, Gurianov, D.Strome, Duchene
    D: Ekblad, E.Karlsson, OEL, Morrissey, Jokiharju, Bear, Weber (LTIR)
    G: MAF, Price, Driedger, Bishop (LTIR)

Minors: (25 max)
    Skaters: Hayton, JAD, J.Boqvist, Dahlen, Bunting, Gusev, Damiani, Groulx, Poehling, Benson, Beaucage, Lind, Sprong,Stankoven, Ahcan, PO. Joseph, McIsaac Goalies: Wallstedt, UPL, Comrie, Ersson, S.Skinner, Skarek, Johansson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

oh BTW I've watched the last two games and Weber is really starting to look like himself again. He's jumping up in the play more frequently and creating some great offensive chances. As result, he's had 2 goal in the last week. Hope that helps.
    14 Team Dynasty League - 23 man roster, 25 man minors w/ custom cap, salaries & contracts
    Skaters: (Start: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D) - G/A/Pt/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/STP/TOI
    Goalies: (Start 2) - W/GAA/SV/SV%
    C: Schiefele, Zacha, RyJo, Patrick
    LW: Guentzel, J.Robertson, Domi, Kempe
    RW: Puljujarvi, Gurianov, D.Strome, Duchene
    D: Ekblad, E.Karlsson, OEL, Morrissey, Jokiharju, Bear, Weber (LTIR)
    G: MAF, Price, Driedger, Bishop (LTIR)

Minors: (25 max)
    Skaters: Hayton, JAD, J.Boqvist, Dahlen, Bunting, Gusev, Damiani, Groulx, Poehling, Benson, Beaucage, Lind, Sprong,Stankoven, Ahcan, PO. Joseph, McIsaac Goalies: Wallstedt, UPL, Comrie, Ersson, S.Skinner, Skarek, Johansson

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dobers31 View Post
    oh BTW I've watched the last two games and Weber is really starting to look like himself again. He's jumping up in the play more frequently and creating some great offensive chances. As result, he's had 2 goal in the last week. Hope that helps.
    Definitely helps me as Im a frustrated Weber owner in one of the Dobber leagues. And a frustrated Kessel owner....and Boyes...and Marleau...and Zajac...ugh no wonder Im in 11th.

Dobber Sports Pro

40 pts. Those forwards are sick. This guy needs to get the hell out of there. Very underrated.

Dobber Sports Legend

As long as Weber is a Pred his points will be limited. I expect about 40-44 points this season and him maxing out at around 50 if he remains a Pred. Unless they improve their offensive a lot, Weber will be a G-heavy, 45-50 pointer.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

I basically agree with all the above... As a Pred I think 50 points is a bit of an anomoly with the team the way it is right now. BUT, he's a fairly safe 40pt guy in my books... It's hard to value someone like that though because he's capable of so much more than he's able to do... Maybe it's a "Rick Nash Syndrome"?

It's hard to value him with the "what if he moves" type thing because honestly, (correct me if I'm wrong) he hasn't re-signed yet... But in all likelyhood will probably sign a longer term contract given that he's the face of the franchise right now, and I think they really want him there.

Unless Radulov comes back, they don't even really have a highly touted prospect in the works... And they always overachieve so they'll never get a Taylor Hall or Seguin... They'll keep getting Cal O'Reillys and Colin Wilsons... Not bad players, but not super stars either.