Thread: Has Doughty lost his mojo?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Has Doughty lost his mojo?

I bought low on him a couple weeks ago, but the more and more games he goes pointless, the more I have to wonder if last year's ridiculous season was an anomaly...will Doughty find his mojo again? Are there any LA Kings fans/avid watchers out there who can give an analysis on this guy?
    Yahoo 12 team Keep 7 League (keepers in bold)
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start 10F, 4D, 1 Util, 2G, 4 Bench
    F: Malkin , Neal, Parise, Benn, MacKinnon, Pavelski, van Riemsdyk, Tarasenko, Yakupov, Hanzal, Scheifele, Palat, Zuccarello,
    D: Giordano, Seabrook, Gudas, Gologoski, Ehrhoff, Bieksa (IR)
    G: Rask, Lehtonen, Mason

Administrator

Well for starters nothing is for certain. Even the golden boys Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin have had their share of setbacks and have come short of satisfying those that own them in pools from time to time. A hockey career isn't linear after all.

He's 21 and still far from a finished product. He'll find his mojo again, but in all this season will probably look like a setback from a stats point of view.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

with all the PP time he gets on such a strong offensive club...solely based on that alone..not even counting his inherent skill, he will at least produce at about 45 point pace as a plug like Kyle Cuminsky could put up the same #'s in Doughty's exact role...he'll be a great buy low for next season's draft as he will definitely bring it for next season, but I wouldn't expect much more than 45 point pace from here out as he's played extremely uninspired hockey all season...kid just looks burnt out of the game in all honesty

Dobber Sports Expert

Drew Doughty
    I generally don’t like placing players who have sustained an injury as part of a bust list, but I think I can make an exception for Doughty. If you look at the overall numbers (seven points and 31 SOG in 19 contests) they aren’t exactly horrendous, but what makes him a bust is the initial cost at the draft table. In Yahoo! leagues he was, on average, drafted with the 18th overall pick (round 2.3). When you are spending that high of a pick, especially a defenseman, you are definitely expecting encouraging results. His current 30-point clip just won’t cut it if you’re after a league championship in April. The bad news is that despite averaging 27:34 per contest for the last eight contests, Doughty has a giant gooseegg along with paltry 11 SOG during that span. He’s turning into more of a Brian Campbell than a Mike Green, which isn’t exactly a positive thing for fantasy purposes. The main difference between this season and last, is that the Kings’ PP ran through DD in 2009-10. This season it’s running mainly through Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams, leaving Doughty with the short end of the stick. Maaaasquito Buzz: Doughty owners are kind of between a rock and a hard place. If you try to deal him, you’re not going to get anywhere near full value for him and you can’t exactly just outright drop your second round pick. My suggestion is to hang tough and hope for the best, but I’m not confident that things will deviate much from the current situation.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I almost fell off my chair when I saw where Doughty was ranked in Yahoo. I think he's a high value player in Keeper leagues, but rookie defensemen and goalies are never so sure a thing where they are worth a top 2 draft pick.
    Last edited by maurauder; December 13, 2010 at 2:10 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think I'll have to side with MT319...this year may be a wash, but I think he'll bring it for next season. Concussions are tricky and he may have rushed his return a bit. We'll see what happens next year after some time off and some conditioning.

At least you traded for him. The Doughty owner in my league drafted him in the second round (followed by Kovy in the third) so think how much he hates this situation.
    One year. 14 team. Roto. No positional requirements.

Scoring Categories: G, A, SOG, FOW, +/-, PIM, Hits, SPct, GAA, W

F: Nash, Backes, Getzlaf, M. Koivu, Vanek, Jagr, Clowe, Horton, Stewart, Ott, Z. Kassian
    D: Suter, Seabrook, Diaz, L. Schenn, Robidas
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov, Theodore

IR: Burns