Thread: hedman's pp time

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default hedman's pp time

anybody know why hedman doesn't seem to be getting pp time in tampa. considering he's tied with Clark for top scoring d man on the team i'd figure he would be getting more pp minutes. however i haven't seen him play much so perhaps someone else who watches him play might be able to give some details. is he just not ready yet?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just not ready. I would not be surprised if they ran 5 forwards when lecavalier comes back so dont worry about Clark being in the way. Let the kid learn the NHL and then laugh at the amount of trade offers you get for him in a year.

Dobber Sports Stud

Tampa usually plays 4 forwards on the PP and Clark is the dman currently being utilized, with Kubina being the 2nd string and Hedman the 3rd. Generally speaking.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hedman at this pt is a little raw offensively. Better in the even strength situations with his skating & mobility. Has gotten some cheap 2nd assists to inflate his pt totals to date. I expect him to take a step forward pts wise 2-3 yrs from now. Right now, his skill set doesnt mesh with the forwards on their PP structure.