Thread: Ian White

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ian White

With the signing of Ian White to a three year extension last week, does anyone else get the sense that he\'ll be traded, now that the Leafs have signed Stralman? Either way, any guesses as to whether his value will increase or decrease in the offseason?

For instance, what if the Leafs were to package White, their first round pick (#13) and their third round pick to Edmonton for #6 overall? Leafs make a splash and a statement. Edmonton moves down slightly, adds depth and gets a puck-moving D man...

If something like that were to happen, what happens to White\'s value?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re:Ian White

Anyone?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yes 3 year 1 way contract (I believe) thats Value... you know hes in the NHL... to Edmonton... I dunno... they have alotta young D in the minors which is why they gave up Bergeron...

But fantasy Value... in Toronto at this moment 25-35 is about the upside as he doesnt get PP time behind McCabe, Kaberle and Kubina... moved elsewhere depending on wher he goes ya gotta see his job... if hes gonna be PP man he\'s the \"trigger\" with that hard shot so hes gonn look at a 50 up upside... if hes not on the PP on anouther team he may go around 40Pts...

White\'s Value is simply PP based... Not a great skater, has speed, but notice hes not on his feet much, but has one of the heavier shots in the Lg and gets them through, Defencivly... well I think the \"De\" is dropped for an \"Of\" here... Andy Delmour anyone?
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

I...am your father.

Trade White to make room for Stralman? No way! White is a Maurice favorite. I think Stralman needs a year in the AHL. If I were to bet my house on him either playing in the NHL or AHL, I would put it on AHL.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Dobber wrote:
    Trade White to make room for Stralman? No way! White is a Maurice favorite. I think Stralman needs a year in the AHL. If I were to bet my house on him either playing in the NHL or AHL, I would put it on AHL.
    Stralman was just an example and an illustration of a hunch. My point was that I got the sense White might be on the way out. personally, I think his value goes up elsewhere, as I don\'t believe he\'ll get the kind of PP time next year in Toronto as he got last year.

If my hunch is right and White is on his way out, it hardly matters if it is Stralman, Wozniewski, Kronwall or someone else taking his place. I\'m just wondering what people think of his value as a Leaf vs. as a member of some other team.

Post edited by: Dobber, at: 2007/06/21 22:36

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Now that Kronwall has been signed, I want to re-affirm my hunch. I say JFJ is getting ready to trade AT LEAST one D man. I\'ll re-up my guess that the guy leaving Toronto is White, thereby leaving Colaiacovo, Kronwall AND Stralman to take the 5, 6 and 7 spots on the roster.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

White Or The Big W... we in Marlie Camp don\'t see Stralman coming over for anouther year... we have too big of a Log Jam at D...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So now Carlo has been signed, too.

I\'m telling you, someone is heading out of town.... and SOON.

Perhaps the Kubina for Fernandez rumour that\'s been making the rounds for the past couple of days is set to come to fruition....?

I...am your father.

The Wild would never take Kubina\'s contract. Oops, did I say the Wild? I meant to say...everyone.

I think you\'re right, though, Zenia - something is in the works here...

for that kind of money, they will have to trade McCabe.

Banks - Love the Cliffy Avatar!! :laugh:

Post edited by: Dobber, at: 2007/06/21 22:35
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

lol did it for u...

Latest rumors are McCabe to NYI.... this is about the only place he could go... he does have a \"No Movement Clause\" in his contract, so you can\'t believe alotta Rumors beyond Long Island...

what would we get in return... everyone looks at me stupidly and says \"Ryan Smyth!!!!\" but why would we traded a 6 million D man for the rights to a player for 5 days that will be open to us in 6 days? we have to see some kinda Guarenteed return....
    Current Roster:

Dobber Sports Stud

That rumor doesn\'t make much sense to me, from the NYI perspective either.

(1) They want Smyth. Baaaaadly. And they may just throw 8-10 years at him to seal the deal.
    (2) MA Bergeron put up almost a point per game to end last season. Obviously that\'s a lot to expect him to repeat, but why would they go for an overpriced McCabe when they could offer a ridiculous contract to someone else and give the kid a chance to shine?
    (3) Why would they want to give anything up to Toronto for McCabe when they could make ridiculous offers elsewhere for free?

Sounds like another HTR brainchild. Or wait... did Engblom get a text message from God yesterday?
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I feel basically the same at U...

One of the few positives about McCabe is he\'s locked into a contract and for the leafs to have 4 top Tire D men locked up 4 yrs for 21 million... it may be much... but we do have cost cerrtinty on the D said... we know to dress 7 D its 24 Million... rest can be spent elsewhere... and Net I didn\'t think was the place to do it...

I\'m not much of a McCabe fan anymore but he is a top PP shooter and is 1/2 ass useful but we have to get a solid return for him and i dont think Islanders have what we need nore would they been specifically lookin for a McCabe D man with Bergeron a much better skater in the mix and younger...
    Current Roster: