Thread: Odds Vokoun does not last the year in Florida.....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Odds Vokoun does not last the year in Florida.....

In one of my leagues he has become available. Worth going for him?....... I mean i remember dobber guaranteed that he would be gone before the deadline back in the summer ....... but things do change. Any team that gets him im sure will ride him into the playoffs. Just wanna hear some percentage numbers of him leaving compared to him staying..........and if he does leave possible destinations?????

Thanks
    12 team, 5 player Keeper League

Forward Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PP, SHP, GWG, SOG

Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SV%, SVS, SO

5 Keepers: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Perry, Varlamov, Halak

Dobber Sports Wizard

I put it as 98.96768% he is traded...
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd put it at 80-20 that he's gone. Florida has at least one elite prospect in Markstrom and another solid one in Salak to make Vokoun's departure a fait accompli. Plus Florida won't spend another 6M to keep him - not this time.

Destinations?

I'd watch for the following:

Philly - If none of Bobs/Leighton/Boucher truly grabs the mantle, I can see them grabbing Vokoun at the deadline. And they'd find a way to fit him under the cap, too.

Ottawa - If they still have a shot at the playoffs, that is.

Those are my top 2 expected spots.

There could be a very small chance that LA grabs him if Quick falters and Bernier continues to be average. But I certainly wouldn't bet on it.

Hope that helps,
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Ottawa won't have a shot at the playoffs I don't think.

Therefore I believe Philly and Tampa are the most likely destinations.

Administrator

With the current goalie market I don't see many takers unless the Flyers are willing to part with someone like Hartnell. That would be an interesting trade.

But I feel that he might actually re-sign in Florida (2 years max). Let Salak and/or Markstrom win their spot and in the meantime Vokoun is a top stopper to hold the fort.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i mean i was thinking all along he would leave but then i look around the league and dont see alot of openings. I mean BOB has played exceptional for Philly and i know they resigned leighton in the summer. I couldnt see WSH relegating one or even both of their kids to make room for him since one would be sent down and the other watching from the bench. I mean i thought of SJ since Nittimaki and Niemi have been going back and forth. I think Tampa would be the ideal situation for all parties since all they need is a guy who can stop the puck behind that atrocious defence..... and with vokoun used to that in FLA..... seems like a match for both sides. I also think of a team like ATL who might think they have a chance they playoffs and make a push because of the uncertainty and inconsistency of pavelec from the past.

I also look at what happened with Bouwmeester. He was as good as gone and what happened they thought they had a chance at the playoffs and essentially lost him for nothing...... well they got jordan leopold in the end of june.

I mean is he worth the risk to trade for now?
    12 team, 5 player Keeper League

Forward Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PP, SHP, GWG, SOG

Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SV%, SVS, SO

5 Keepers: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Perry, Varlamov, Halak

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Even if he dosnt get traded he is still a really good goalie to have fantasy wise, dosnt get alot of wins but his SV% is exceptional. He shutout Washington yesterday.
    Alot of teams could use him, he would fit right in at Tampa, they could give ellis in return perhaps.
    Doubt he goes to philli.
    Could see him in Edmonton or San Jose.
    ________
    Buy Magic Flight Launch Box
    Last edited by Rajiabu; March 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

Dobber Sports Superstar

It seems to me that the guy who it seems is most likely to get moved at the deadline often turns out as the guy who doesn't get moved. (Kaberle, anyone?)

Not saying Vokuon won't get moved, I just wouldn't bet the farm on it. I'd hope Florida would like to see more of Markstrom at the NHL level before they did that. But with a team like Florida who knows?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think it is a bit early to speculate his disposition at the end of the season - a goalie injury or two, some firming up of playoff bound teams etc will do much to make the speculation more likely.

I think Vokoun is a reasonable gamble to add to a roster if the price is right. I would be waiting awhile for the memory of this last SHO to die down before I made a move on him though.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Not saying Vokuon won't get moved, I just wouldn't bet the farm on it. I'd hope Florida would like to see more of Markstrom at the NHL level before they did that. But with a team like Florida who knows?
    This makes a great deal of sense to me. I've got Vokoun, and I'd love to see him dealt somewhere like Philly, but I would think the Panthers would want to at least test-drive Markstrom a bit this season.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Veteran

There's no way to tell. The team has said they want to resign T-Vo and there are also concerns Markstrom isn't ready yet and might not be for a while.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would love to see him in Philly. I don't think there is a snow balls chance in hell though. The Flyers are not one to go out and make a splash for a goalie. They are IN LOVE with Bobs and he is the future in net for them like it or not. They are so deep and they are getting steady goaltending from bobs, why would they make the move? Why trade depth for a goalie making 6 mil and have to struggle and juggle the cap. Doesn't make sense for them to make the move but I would love to see it. I'm just being a realist and basing my opinion on their lack of moves for a goalie in the past.
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM