Thread: Zetterberg Vs. Malkin

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Zetterberg Vs. Malkin

A GM in my league was mentoining how tired they were with Malkin's production and that they were wondering if I'd considering trading Zetterberg for him. Now I know right now Zetts is on pace for 80 points and Malkin only 66, however I chalk that up to Malkin's shoddy knee and no Staal on his line. Do I consider/go through with this offer even though Malkin has missed the past 3 games?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    A GM in my league was mentoining how tired they were with Malkin's production and that they were wondering if I'd considering trading Zetterberg for him. Now I know right now Zetts is on pace for 80 points and Malkin only 66, however I chalk that up to Malkin's shoddy knee and no Staal on his line. Do I consider/go through with this offer even though Malkin has missed the past 3 games?
    yup, and you better do it before the other guy reads these boards and realizes he's a moron

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    yup, and you better do it before the other guy reads these boards and realizes he's a moron
    +1 ... go go go!
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wow I just posted the exact same thread.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My take here is that I think Zetterberg will grab around 85 points this year, so about 60 more points. Malkin definitely has the ability to put up 70 points (plus PIMs, also in my league) but he also has the potential to be injured, AND is looking really bad right now. So is it worth it to trade away a pretty safe player in Zetterberg for a better (although not by too much) player in Malkin who could also continue to bomb or get injured.

Dobber Sports Genius

Malkin is way over-hyped from Dobber on down...he will score 90-100 points every year which he remains in PIT and never make good on his 120+ upside nor reach his peak potential capacity on an individual level until he gets out of that situation and becomes the focal point of his teams offense rather than playing second fiddle to a superior option in Crosby...if this was a keeper whole new story but in a one year league if you actually are in any sort of position to win currently then i'll take Zetterberg's 80-85 points and solid +- rather than deal with Malkin's knee issues, crap production, uninspired post cup play etc....his knee is not an excuse for his 77 points/93 point pace last season and below point-per-game pace last playoffs when the big names knows it's time to step it up....not high at all on Malkin in a one year and especially this year and particularly now with him missing time cause of knee issues...if your down in the standings and need a potential jolt that's one thing...but if not then just keep Zetterberg