Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trade Audits!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Great Stuff Emu!!

Here's the offer: My Datsyuk, Brassard and Cleary for His Taveres, Hemsky, Skinner and Fowler

Limited keeper, protect 10 plus two rookies

I'm middle of the pack but have a ton of games on hand, top three finish is realistic.

Help
    That one is challenging- Ill have to look at the stats alittle deeper. In the meantime can you let me know- how many keepers? And daily or weekly changes?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
    I traded my Ladd and Robidas for his Marleau and Giordano.

I know have
    Centers - Getzlaf, Stastny, Couture, Marleau (crosslisted as a center)
    Left Wings - Marleau (C,LW), Neal, Kunitz, Nash (LW, RW), Parise (IR)
    Right Wing - Nash, Backes, Perry, Stewart (IR), David Jones, Dustin Brown
    Defense - Pronger, Chara, Giordano, Seabrook
    Goalies - Thomas, Rinne (IR), Quick, Lehtonen

Cats are hits, blocks, +-, PPP, SHP, Wins, SV%, GAA, SHO, Goals, Assists
    Perfect sell high, buy low play! Ladd may be establishing himself at a higher tier as far as scoring but Marleau can be a gamebreaker when at his best. In theory Ladd shouldslow down while Marleau will almost certainly turn it around in a big way. As far as Robidas I could be wrong- but Ive always thought he benefitted from the lack of offensive depth on the blueline over there. Meanwhile Giordano has shown he has the tools to be the go to ppqb on most teams.

Nice move!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bruins21 View Post
    Thanks so much for the kind words. It has taken a while to accumulate those guys lol. What do you think of Okposo for Jordan Staal OR Evander Kane? My league does count +/_.

Thanks again!
    Hey Bruins- tough call on Okposo. I really like his upside but I can see how owning any Islander would be painful considering +/- accounts for 25% of your skater cats. If I had to move him for one of those two Id target Kane. Dont get me wrong- I love Staal and with Crosby tearing it up Im hoping he can finally take a nice step forward point wise- but his recent injury setback worries me. The other night Ferraro was saying he asked someone in the pens organizatio if the injury had been re-aggravated and the response was a very uncomfortable "no comment". Also Kane just has a more exciting upside at this point. Not that hes more talented but Jordan seems to have settled into a comfortable 50-60 point range with a lot more value to his real team. Kane is still a question mark- which makes owning him a bit more thrilling- lol!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by schenn02 View Post
    Hey Emu, Like to ask for your advice, I have got a lot of trade offers for my D.Sedin lately, and thinking of trading him. I have got some good offers and some bad. Trying to pull off a blockbuster right now.Its a points only leauge what do you think of this trade:

To Him:

Daniel Sedin
    Derek MacKenzie
    Chris Neil
    Dwayne Roloson

To Me:

Bobby Ryan
    Patrick Kaleta
    Niklas Backstrom (Goalie)
    Viktor Stalberg

Is it fair?
    Hey Frankendion, err I mean Schenn02- nice avatar!

Well Id need to know if you start 1 goalie or 2 and wether or not its weekly starts. If its 1 goalie with weekly starts you're probably ok. In most other formats your gonna need an upgrade to your second netminder as DiPi is the golden boy and quickly stealing any chances Roloson had over there. Not too mention your format is essentially wins only and those are hard to come by on the island!

Thats really the only appeal I see here. Stalberg has a modicum of upside and Backstrom is an upgrade over Roloson.

That being said I still think Backstrom and indeed the Wild as a team will continue to struggle to put up the W's so your still not going to be 100% set in net. I understand in a 28 team league it will be hard to find two quality tenders but- Sedin is a superstar of the highest order- to even consider this you need to adress a glaring weakness- not plug in a few smaller upgrades.

Ryan is a great player in his own right but I just dont think hes at Sedin calliber yet. Daniel is still in his prime and playing on a viable cup contender. Hold tight or demand a better tender- assuming its not 1g weekly format- in which case theres no real reason to move him at all unless someone is going to overpay.

Like I say the goalie uprade makes it tempting but Im just not seeing the right star power coming back- my thoughts...

The Great One

Hey everyone- thanks for all the rep and positive feedback! I think this was a success- Ill try to throw one of these up every coupleof weeks. Hopefully I added a bit of perspective or helped out in some way. In the end you have to go with your own gut feeling but it was a lot of fun and a privilege to weigh in on these deals. A lot of great teams and active owners out there- keep up the good work.

Merry X-mas!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hey Frankendion, err I mean Schenn02- nice avatar!

Well Id need to know if you start 1 goalie or 2 and wether or not its weekly starts. If its 1 goalie with weekly starts you're probably ok. In most other formats your gonna need an upgrade to your second netminder as DiPi is the golden boy and quickly stealing any chances Roloson had over there. Not too mention your format is essentially wins only and those are hard to come by on the island!

Thats really the only appeal I see here. Stalberg has a modicum of upside and Backstrom is an upgrade over Roloson.

That being said I still think Backstrom and indeed the Wild as a team will continue to struggle to put up the W's so your still not going to be 100% set in net. I understand in a 28 team league it will be hard to find two quality tenders but- Sedin is a superstar of the highest order- to even consider this you need to adress a glaring weakness- not plug in a few smaller upgrades.

Ryan is a great player in his own right but I just dont think hes at Sedin calliber yet. Daniel is still in his prime and playing on a viable cup contender. Hold tight or demand a better tender- assuming its not 1g weekly format- in which case theres no real reason to move him at all unless someone is going to overpay.

Like I say the goalie uprade makes it tempting but Im just not seeing the right star power coming back- my thoughts...
    Thanks for the long Reply! We start 2 goalies per week, and you get 2 points for a goalie win and an extra 2 for a goalie shutout. Would you suggest just keeping sedin? or should I go after others on his team. He has the Other Sedin and wants both brothers on his team so I could probably ask for more.

Fisher, Mike OTT
    Grabovski, Mikhail TOR
    Clutterbuck, Cal MIN
    Benn, Jamie DAL
    Dowell, Jake CHI
    Havlat, Martin MIN
    Vanek, Thomas BUF
    Kaleta, Patrick BUF
    Sedin, Henrik VAN
    Hecht, Jochen BUF
    Ryan, Bobby ANA
    Ladd, Andrew ATL
    Corrente, Matthew NJ
    Boynton, Nick CHI
    O'Donnell, Sean PHI
    Commodore, Mike CBJ
    Wisniewski, James NYI
    Gilroy, Matt NYR
    Burns, Brent MIN
    Gormley, Brandon PHO
    Stalberg, Viktor CHI
    Reimer, James TOR
    Backstrom, Niklas MIN

Anyone else you would target or would you just let it go?

Thanks dude!
    24 team Keeper, H2H (points only), Salary cap, No Position Requirements, 12F 6D 2G
    ========================================

The Great One

Thanks for the long Reply! We start 2 goalies per week, and you get 2 points for a goalie win and an extra 2 for a goalie shutout. Would you suggest just keeping sedin? or should I go after others on his team. He has the Other Sedin and wants both brothers on his team so I could probably ask for more.

Fisher, Mike OTT
    Grabovski, Mikhail TOR
    Clutterbuck, Cal MIN
    Benn, Jamie DAL
    Dowell, Jake CHI
    Havlat, Martin MIN
    Vanek, Thomas BUF
    Kaleta, Patrick BUF
    Sedin, Henrik VAN
    Hecht, Jochen BUF
    Ryan, Bobby ANA
    Ladd, Andrew ATL
    Corrente, Matthew NJ
    Boynton, Nick CHI
    O'Donnell, Sean PHI
    Commodore, Mike CBJ
    Wisniewski, James NYI
    Gilroy, Matt NYR
    Burns, Brent MIN
    Gormley, Brandon PHO
    Stalberg, Viktor CHI
    Reimer, James TOR
    Backstrom, Niklas MIN

Anyone else you would target or would you just let it go?

Thanks dude!
    Whose his other goalie? If Backstrom is his only goalie I cant see him being traded with only Roloson coming back.

Is it a keep all? I dont usually advocate trading off star power for depth but a very deep league like yours- 28 teams kind of changes things- especially if its a dynasty.

Depth wise you could definitely use some D help. I like Burns here- he doesnt typically carry a large price tag but has rebounded fairly well. Still a lot of room to grow- has shown flashes of elite potential. From your end Id say look at moving Schenn because he carries name recognition but Im not sure the offensive upside is there in a points only format. Judging by your handle I dont see that being a move your gonna want to get behind though- lol! Maybe Gunnason or the Chicago guy- not even gonna try the spelling- as they were both touted as having offensive upside but seem to have settled into lower pairing roles.

Now would be a nice time to "buy low" on Benn as well and Im not sure its asking too much considering Daniels value as a gambreaker.

So if its a keep all and Backstrom is available Id start with-

Sedin/Neil/Gunnarson/Roloson
    for
    Ryan/Benn/Burns/Backstrom

Its asking a lot but like I said selling off superstars is always a risky proposition so you are covering your bases. If you get any kind of feedback- Id be flexible on the forwards coming back if he takes issue but stand firm on the G and D upgrades. Not saying you should accept a couple hacks back- just that his roster has quality up front to allow for more flexibility. At the D and G position- coincidentally where you could use the biggest shot in the arm- he has virtually no depth and these are the only 2 guys I would even consider.

Could be a starting point anyways. You are asking for an overpayment here but Sedin is a special player and the appeal of having both the twins might justify it from his end.

My thoughts anyways.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We get to keep 10 per year +1 in the prospect draft. I wouldn't really mind trading Schenn, if he could get me a better deal.

Thanks a lot for the advice, Im gonna try that trade, see what he says
    24 team Keeper, H2H (points only), Salary cap, No Position Requirements, 12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Dynasty trade?

My dynasty team is listed in my sig.

The stats heavily favor goalies
    Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG)

Games Started (GS), Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

I have been offered Jeff Skinner, Michal Neuvirth, Semyon Varlamov and pick (likely 2nd and 3rd rounders)

FOR

Loui Eriksson, Jonas Gustavsson, Logan Couture and Tomas Fleischmann

This is tough because as you can see in my roster, this would set my goalies for the next 5-10 years for sure.

I also have these guys on my farm, as you can see after 40 games we must call them up or trade them.

Calvin de Haan 0/40
    Carter Ashton 0/40
    Ryan Ellis 0/40
    Nazem Kadri 1/40
    Brett Connolly 0/40
    Alexander Burmistrov 0/40 (Called up)
    Tomas Tatar 0/40
    Alex Salak 2/40
    Derek Stepan 0/40 (Called up)
    Mikael Granlund 0/40
    Robin Lehner 0/40

Thanks
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So if its a keep all and Backstrom is available Id start with-

Sedin/Neil/Gunnarson/Roloson
    for
    He wants:

Wolski/Sedin/Schenn/Roloson
    for

So it would be like:

Ryan <<< Sedin
    Benn = Wolski
    Burns > Schenn
    Backstrom >> Roloson

Fair trade or no?

The Great One

He wants:

Wolski/Sedin/Schenn/Roloson
    for

So it would be like:

Ryan <<< Sedin
    Benn = Wolski
    Burns > Schenn
    Backstrom >> Roloson

Fair trade or no?
    Hmmm- Wolski is sooo streaky. I think you are right that he is = to benn right now, but if you can end up keeping him he should be a nice upgrade in the future. I also think the Burns upgrade is a pretty big here especially considering your bluelines. Lastly that Backstrom deal would make you pretty solid in a league that deep.

I might still consider shopping D. Sedin for a better tender.

That being said Ryan is a very nice piece coming back, benn holds more promise than Wolski imo, and the Backstrom/Burns upgrades are sginifcant. Looking at your roster almost all of these players become keepers as well. The fact that you get 3 solid upgrades- now and keeper- while getting a legit star back in Ryan makes this very appealing. Also as I have stated it must be nutty trying to get proven netminders in that format so Backstroms value would be better than at first percieved. this deal is pretty close to the "homerun" offer we originally sent out. Wolski is not a guy to build around imho- you're never quite sure what you're going to be getting year in year out. I cant see you losing out this year and in a year or two B. Ryan might well be on par with Sedin anyways. In any event he'll be a legit ppg threat in his own right which isnt a huge step down.

So in conclusion- Im still a little leery about moving a superstar- but based on your format and the significant steps forward on the backend- I would likely pull the trigger. I think in the long run this improves your whole roster pretty substantially and given that there is likely no way to do this via waivers- the deal looks even better.

Id pull that trigger!

PS- great to see that this advice actually lead to a move!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Please take a look at my post! I'm dying for some help on this trade offer!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bruins21 View Post
    Thanks so much for the kind words. It has taken a while to accumulate those guys lol. What do you think of Okposo for Jordan Staal OR Evander Kane? My league does count +/_.

Thanks again!
    Ive been mulling this over all day. I really dont know how I confused your scoring so badly. To be honest the same logic that applies towards Okposos +/- being so detrimental because you only count 4 skater cats, also applies in a positive manner to Downies pim totals. For the short term their point production might be end up being similar and the fact that pims account for 25% of your scoring means you are pretty much shoring up two different categories- half your scoring- with one move.

Im flip flopping- Okposo for Downie makes sense in your format.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hmmm- Wolski is sooo streaky. I think you are right that he is = to benn right now, but if you can end up keeping him he should be a nice upgrade in the future. I also think the Burns upgrade is a pretty big here especially considering your bluelines. Lastly that Backstrom deal would make you pretty solid in a league that deep.

I might still consider shopping D. Sedin for a better tender.

That being said Ryan is a very nice piece coming back, benn holds more promise than Wolski imo, and the Backstrom/Burns upgrades are sginifcant. Looking at your roster almost all of these players become keepers as well. The fact that you get 3 solid upgrades- now and keeper- while getting a legit star back in Ryan makes this very appealing. Also as I have stated it must be nutty trying to get proven netminders in that format so Backstroms value would be better than at first percieved. this deal is pretty close to the "homerun" offer we originally sent out. Wolski is not a guy to build around imho- you're never quite sure what you're going to be getting year in year out. I cant see you losing out this year and in a year or two B. Ryan might well be on par with Sedin anyways. In any event he'll be a legit ppg threat in his own right which isnt a huge step down.

So in conclusion- Im still a little leery about moving a superstar- but based on your format and the significant steps forward on the backend- I would likely pull the trigger. I think in the long run this improves your whole roster pretty substantially and given that there is likely no way to do this via waivers- the deal looks even better.

Id pull that trigger!

PS- great to see that this advice actually lead to a move!
    Yea your advice really helped

I accepted a trade from him, gave up a bit more than I would have liked but I got some great keepers for the future and I think I got much stronger in D and in Goal, which is a huge advantage in my league.The final trade was huge 10 player deal and now just has to pass through the leauge voting system and we will be all done

Final trade was:

Montador
    Wolski
    Roloson
    Schenn
    D.Sedin

for

Ryan
    Benn
    Burns
    Backstrom (G)
    Boynton

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default E Kane or Ladd?

Hey Emu,

I have a keeper team that is stacked on D, but a little weak on the wings. I have a manager interested in Rafalski while I like both Thrasher LWs - E Kane and Ladd. In a league that counts G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG and Hits for skaters, who'd you rather pull the move for? I'm not desperate in any one category and either will be a big upgrade from guys like Korprikoski and Cooke lol.

So, Ladd or E Kane?

thanks,
    Jay