Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trade Audits!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Thanks Emu. I agree with your assessment. Good to get a second opinion.

Thornton has practically no trade value in our league. In fact, I just recently acquired him, Lecavalier (another undervalued player) and S. Elliott for 2 picks, Hornqvist, Backes, Peverley, Bailey, Fehr, Regin, Bennett, and Kuehnhackl. Seemed to me like a deal that was quantity for quality (me getting the quality), but I honestly thought at the time that maybe I could flip Thornton to a contending team for two or three quality young players, like Frolik and two more players of his pedigree. Doesn't look like that will happen in this league.
    I read this yesterday and have given it a lot of thought:

On one hand it sucks- because you should be getting great return on these guys.

On the other it opens a door to maybe re-building quite a bit faster. Lecavalier and Thornton have fallen a bit in terms of percieved value but they are still very productive pieces. Getting them for what equate to "lottery style" picks and middlng to good youth seems like robbery- and you did not make a mistake in acquiring them- good work! Re-tooling on the fly each year is not only possible but can be very exciting and effective. By next year Lecavs and Thornton will still be very very good assets- if no one wants them- just focus on acquiring more of the same at an extreme discount.

I know its not an ideal re-build but if you're savvy and attentive enough you may able to plug a lot of holes more than adequately as you go.

Just a thought.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Green + for one of Semin or Giroux +

i threw the idea of trading Green for one of Semin or Giroux as part of package deal. i NEED to improve Wing, i have some decent Dmen. owner is interested, but now i am not sure where to take it. Green is a tricky guy to deal with....

Scoring for Categories
    +/- - Plus Minus 1 point
    A - Assists 2 points
    ENG - Empty Net Goals 1 point
    FOW - Face-offs won .25 points
    G - Goals 3 points
    GA - Goals Against -1 point
    GWG - Game Winning Goals 1 point
    HT - Hat Tricks 3 points
    Hits - Hits .25 points
    Maj - Majors 2 points
    Mis - Misconducts 1 point
    OTG - OT Goals 2 points
    PIM - Penalty Minutes 0.50 points
    PPG - Power Play Goals 1 point
    PSG - Penalty Shot Goals 2 points
    S - Saves 0.25 points
    SHG - Short Handed Goals 1 point
    SHGFWOI - Short Handed Goals For While on Ice .50 points
    SHOA - Shootout Attempts .25 points
    SHOG - Shootout Goals 1 point
    SO - Shut Outs 4 points
    W - Wins 5 points

Special Scoring for Centers
    A - Assists 2.25 points

Special Scoring for Wings
    FOW - Face-offs won 0 points
    G - Goals 3.5 points

Special Scoring for Defensemen
    A - Assists 4 points
    G - Goals 4 points
    SHOA - Shootout Attempts .50 points

Special Scoring for Goalies
    A - Assists 1 point
    G - Goals 5 points

I know, its alot!

His roster:

M Ribeiro
    S Koivu
    L Couture
    M Savard

V Lecavalier
    A Semin
    B Morrow
    C Giroux
    R Nash
    R Clowe

B McCabe
    D Boyle
    J Bouwmeester
    R Hamrlik
    K Timonen
    R Suter

C Ward
    D Ellis
    M-Andre Fleury

My team in signature with some additional league details.

Help...if not too late for this thread!
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

The Great One

Jimmy James- great avatar!!!

Deal 1:

Another tough call!

On the surface I like it- I really do. I think Doughty is a rare talent and Duchene is a HUGE talent- and if possible underrated even.

The problem for me is that your scoring is pretty heavily favored towards goalscorers and Hall is one of those rare talents who could pot 50+. So in essence my brain is saying no- especially with Hall heating up but my heart is saying yes- Duchene and Doughty are both very very good.

In the end Id do it. I want to say though- thats just a gut feeling. If Hall is the next Stamkos you have to be ready to deal with that. For me though Doughtys struggles are a blip and Duchene is dedictaed/talented enough- that there will never be a HUGE drop off between him and hall.

Another option is shopping Hall for a top tier keeper.

Deal 2:

Because its weekly and your lack od "here and now" depth on the blueline. Laich is a dropoff from Briere but its a short term hit til Kane comes back. Laich/Briere werent keepers anyways- and if the caps find their game he becomes a great bench option ready to sub in if one of your studs goes down. Erhoff becomes great insurance for Pitkanen (streaky)- and in 4 game weeks even becomes an upgrade. Theo is a bum- Id try for anyone else coming back. Id try Elliot if only because he might find himself as an undisputed starte again. Roloson is losing ground to DiPi and Varlamov is asking too much.

Is Ward in your sig Cam or Joel?

So yeah Id actually do both although asking for Elliot in 2 makes sense because you might hit a starter at least if/when Leclaire goes down again. Also his trade value is not very high.
    You still need a bonafide number 2 keeper though- assuming thats Joel in your sig. You have a TON of bench depth for a weekly format I would be actively shopping that to anyone with 3/4 viable tenders and/or depth issues- you really need a solid number 2 here imho- more like a 1B. Im guessing tenders are high in demand- thats why i advocate looking for a solid- if not spectacular option with your bench depth as the trade commodity as opposed to a blockbuster with core pieces.

Hope that helps!!!

EDIT: Did you recieve both of these??? I almost never get an offer this good off the hop! If so- nice deal man- cherish this league!!!
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; December 10, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bruins21 View Post
    Hey buddy thanks for the line.I have few questions for you.
    1) First I am looking acquiring one more winger for my team. I just traded Stastny, Voracek, and Brassard to acquire Malkin, so I left my depth skinny at W. I am looking more a player for the future as in next year or two. Do you see anyone that I can move to obtain a future W??
    2) I have an owner interested in Okposo in my league. Who do you like more in the future Downie or Okposo?
    3) Last one: My two first round prospect draft picks next year should both be top 5. Would you move them to obtain players this year, or are those top 5 prospect draft picks too valuable?

Thanks in advance. It is appreciated!
    Hey Bruins- welcome! Ive sen you post before- thanks for stopping in here!

Well first off-congrats on the Malkin deal! Yes you DID give up a lot of potential- not too mention pretty solid producers this year as well- but I think in years to come you will find this deal was one that set you up for a long long time!

I want to caveat this by saying what a sick team you have!!! I was ready to give you the title until I read the 4 x 4 format. I now see why you may need 1 more year to shore things up. That being said- this collection of talent in a DYNASTY is ridiculous!

1-Who to move for W help? Well lets eliminate your tenders- you need them! So the easy answer becomes your C- getzlaf, Toews, Malkin- is sick- unfair even!!! The fact you have Seguin coming up-is just salt in the wounds/ Id be looking at him or the much hyped perrault. If you can spruce it up with picks/bench players Id be looking at slumpers like Mareau or injured guys- Hossa/Parise- they are the most obvious buy lows who will contribute soon and in the future. Huselius is intriguing- but not Seguin intriguing. You know- its hard to say without saying a roster- Erickson/Bourque are perenially underrated.

2- No. Unless you NEED a short term boost on your wing. Long term Okposo will post totals that negate Downies pim bonus. As long as you in good shape now I press decline and dont look back. You dont even count +/- which will be Okposos biggest drawback.

3-YES- I would absolutelymove them to attain strength in net.I dont care who is available there- in next years draft- you need short term help in net! Not to say you move guys like rask- but it is a dynasty and he is better served on your bench. Id contend offering one out for Thomas. Crazy? It all depends on your situation. For you- your skaters are not an issue- you are STACKED! Imho- you need to acquire short term net help to make a push this year- and with some help will be a HUGE favorite by next year. Dont worry about gamebreakers like Price, Halak, Lundy- etc- you have those coming in the wings. Target those underappreciated veterans. Get a solid "here and now" guy. And overpay for it if you have to. Start with Thomas- and work down the list. Vokoun is very interesting, especially with the trade rumours! Heres a nutty one- target Brodeur! He has been abysmal but with a coaching change there may be a very nice return to formin the books. I amvery sure you can climb back with a solid one year tender. 4 X 4 cats have nullified your offensive advantage to an extent. Get a plug- whatever it costs!

My thoughts: your team is beastly! In any other format youd be dominant. But due to the 50/50 split in scoring between skaters and tenders you need more short term help to get over the hump. Find a decent plug- Bobo, Thomas, Vokoun, Ellis- anyone! Long term you are set!
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; December 10, 2010 at 10:45 PM.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Thanks for offering to do this - it's great to get a second set of eyes on these things.

This deal is for the league in my sig, and it is a big one:

I give Hossa, Getz and Kane

I get Burmistrov, Hall and Malkin.

I look at it as 2 separate deals. Getz and Kane for Hall and Malkin since they have similar salaries, then Hossa for Burmistrov since Hoss's salary is too high for me to keep him around next year.

Here's how I see it:
    Malkin > Getz
    Kane > Hall, but maybe not for long
    Hossa >> Burmistrov, but given the salary considerations I think this is a decent return for a guy I won't be keeping.

Other owner is in 3rd and wanting to make a push. I'm in 7th thanks to goaltending woes and, while I might have a shot, am more than willing to push that shot off for a year to get my boy Hall.

Any glaring holes in that analysis? I think he might go for also giving me a draft pick next year so will try for that. He also has Carter Ashton who he might move instead of Burmistrov, but I think Burmy is the better option.
    Judging by you sig you have accepted and Kudos!

i am not a slasry cap buff by any means but c'mon! You paid a very minimal price for Malkin- like miniscule! In the short term thers a hit- but not one you cant overcome- and long term its robbery. Im guessing salary wise you came out ahead.

Prognosis?

Succesful buy low on one of the 3 best players in the league.

Good job!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Wolf Pack View Post
    i threw the idea of trading Green for one of Semin or Giroux as part of package deal. i NEED to improve Wing, i have some decent Dmen. owner is interested, but now i am not sure where to take it. Green is a tricky guy to deal with....

Scoring for Categories
    +/- - Plus Minus 1 point
    A - Assists 2 points
    G - Goals 3 points
    HT - Hat Tricks 3 points
    Hits - Hits .25 points
    Maj - Majors 2 points
    OTG - OT Goals 2 points
    S - Saves 0.25 points
    SO - Shut Outs 4 points
    W - Wins 5 points

A - Assists 2.25 points

G - Goals 3.5 points

A - Assists 4 points
    G - Goals 4 points

A - Assists 1 point
    G - Goals 5 points

I know, its alot!

His roster:

M Ribeiro
    S Koivu
    L Couture
    M Savard

V Lecavalier
    A Semin
    B Morrow
    C Giroux
    R Nash
    R Clowe

B McCabe
    D Boyle
    J Bouwmeester
    R Hamrlik
    K Timonen
    R Suter

C Ward
    D Ellis
    M-Andre Fleury

Hey dude- crazy scoring system! Where is he in the standings?

If hes re-building I have some ideas. In the interim dont panic move Green. Im there with you dude- its a wonky ride right now. But absolutely dont sell him off cheap. That being siad weber will re-bound and Letang is the $git!

The Great One

Scoring for Categories
    +/- - Plus Minus 1 point
    A - Assists 2 points
    G - Goals 3 points
    HT - Hat Tricks 3 points
    Hits - Hits .25 points
    Maj - Majors 2 points
    OTG - OT Goals 2 points
    S - Saves 0.25 points
    SO - Shut Outs 4 points
    W - Wins 5 points

A - Assists 2.25 points

G - Goals 3.5 points

A - Assists 4 points
    G - Goals 4 points

A - Assists 1 point
    G - Goals 5 points

I know, its alot!

His roster:

M Ribeiro
    S Koivu
    L Couture
    M Savard

V Lecavalier
    A Semin
    B Morrow
    C Giroux
    R Nash
    R Clowe

B McCabe
    D Boyle
    J Bouwmeester
    R Hamrlik
    K Timonen
    R Suter

C Ward
    D Ellis
    M-Andre Fleury

Hey dude- Id refrain panic moving Green. By the way- crazy scoring!!!

What I mean by that is that he has a very low percieved value right now compared to what he may have. If you're getting a low ball offer move on. That being said you are set on D with Letang ready to move up. If you want to pursue this ask for Timmonen back- his value is very low in comparison to what he contributes. Boyle will cost you a lot and Fu$k Bouwmeester.

In my books youactually need 2 bonafide wingers.

Pass on Giroux. Why? His keeper value is off the charts right now. Ask for Semin/Clowe/Timonen for Green/Beruzzi/Avery.

Play up the pim value- be versatile on the pieces coming back. Clowe is a great steady eddy piece and Timo is always underrated.

Basically your D is nuts. My main perogative would be Green for Timo/+winger/+winger.

If he cant net you that then holdginal/reasonable upgrades is the basement for Green. If they wont play ball- move on!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Trade

I traded my Ladd and Robidas for his Marleau and Giordano.

I know have
    Centers - Getzlaf, Stastny, Couture, Marleau (crosslisted as a center)
    Left Wings - Marleau (C,LW), Neal, Kunitz, Nash (LW, RW), Parise (IR)
    Right Wing - Nash, Backes, Perry, Stewart (IR), David Jones, Dustin Brown
    Defense - Pronger, Chara, Giordano, Seabrook
    Goalies - Thomas, Rinne (IR), Quick, Lehtonen

Cats are hits, blocks, +-, PPP, SHP, Wins, SV%, GAA, SHO, Goals, Assists

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hey Bruins- welcome! Ive sen you post before- thanks for stopping in here!

Well first off-congrats on the Malkin deal! Yes you DID give up a lot of potential- not too mention pretty solid producers this year as well- but I think in years to come you will find this deal was one that set you up for a long long time!

I want to caveat this by saying what a sick team you have!!! I was ready to give you the title until I read the 4 x 4 format. I now see why you may need 1 more year to shore things up. That being said- this collection of talent in a DYNASTY is ridiculous!

1-Who to move for W help? Well lets eliminate your tenders- you need them! So the easy answer becomes your C- getzlaf, Toews, Malkin- is sick- unfair even!!! The fact you have Seguin coming up-is just salt in the wounds/ Id be looking at him or the much hyped perrault. If you can spruce it up with picks/bench players Id be looking at slumpers like Mareau or injured guys- Hossa/Parise- they are the most obvious buy lows who will contribute soon and in the future. Huselius is intriguing- but not Seguin intriguing. You know- its hard to say without saying a roster- Erickson/Bourque are perenially underrated.

2- No. Unless you NEED a short term boost on your wing. Long term Okposo will post totals that negate Downies pim bonus. As long as you in good shape now I press decline and dont look back. You dont even count +/- which will be Okposos biggest drawback.

3-YES- I would absolutelymove them to attain strength in net.I dont care who is available there- in next years draft- you need short term help in net! Not to say you move guys like rask- but it is a dynasty and he is better served on your bench. Id contend offering one out for Thomas. Crazy? It all depends on your situation. For you- your skaters are not an issue- you are STACKED! Imho- you need to acquire short term net help to make a push this year- and with some help will be a HUGE favorite by next year. Dont worry about gamebreakers like Price, Halak, Lundy- etc- you have those coming in the wings. Target those underappreciated veterans. Get a solid "here and now" guy. And overpay for it if you have to. Start with Thomas- and work down the list. Vokoun is very interesting, especially with the trade rumours! Heres a nutty one- target Brodeur! He has been abysmal but with a coaching change there may be a very nice return to formin the books. I amvery sure you can climb back with a solid one year tender. 4 X 4 cats have nullified your offensive advantage to an extent. Get a plug- whatever it costs!

My thoughts: your team is beastly! In any other format youd be dominant. But due to the 50/50 split in scoring between skaters and tenders you need more short term help to get over the hump. Find a decent plug- Bobo, Thomas, Vokoun, Ellis- anyone! Long term you are set!
    Thanks so much for the kind words. It has taken a while to accumulate those guys lol. What do you think of Okposo for Jordan Staal OR Evander Kane? My league does count +/_.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Bruins21; December 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League
    4x4 settings (G ,A, +/-, PIM, W, GAA, SV, SV %)
    3C, 6W, 6D, 2G, 12 bench- 3 IR spots

C= R.Getzlaf, J.Toews, E.Malkin
    W=A.Ovechkin, P.Kane, C.Perry, B.Ryan, K.Okposo, J.Eberle
    D=M.Green, Letang, K.Yandle, P.Subban, J.Carlson, D.Phaneuf
    G=T. Rask, S.Varlamov

BC= T.Seguin,M. Perreault, T.Tatar
    BW= Calvert, Z.Boychuck, L.Omark, J.Morin
    BD= B.Smith, S.Elliott
    BG= M.Neuvirth, J.Bernier, A.Lindback, B.Holtby, R.Emery
    FARM= C.Kreider, B.Connolly.
    Draft= #1 Pick overall in 2011 prospects Draft

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the insight Emu, I REALLY appreciate the time and effort you have put forward in this thread.

That being said I really want to pull the trigger on that Hall/Subban for Doughty/Duchene trade, but my gut doesn't want me to let Hall go. I will have to sleep on that one a couple more nights!
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hey dude- Id refrain panic moving Green. By the way- crazy scoring!!!

What I mean by that is that he has a very low percieved value right now compared to what he may have. If you're getting a low ball offer move on. That being said you are set on D with Letang ready to move up. If you want to pursue this ask for Timmonen back- his value is very low in comparison to what he contributes. Boyle will cost you a lot and Fu$k Bouwmeester.

In my books youactually need 2 bonafide wingers.

Pass on Giroux. Why? His keeper value is off the charts right now. Ask for Semin/Clowe/Timonen for Green/Beruzzi/Avery.

Play up the pim value- be versatile on the pieces coming back. Clowe is a great steady eddy piece and Timo is always underrated.

Basically your D is nuts. My main perogative would be Green for Timo/+winger/+winger.

If he cant net you that then holdginal/reasonable upgrades is the basement for Green. If they wont play ball- move on!

Yeah, scoring is a bit much....makes it that much more involved when drafting, trading, etc. but at the same time it makes alot of players that otherwise have little to no value that much more valuable. Great advice by the way. And yes part of this is panic as I am down Rinne, Kane, Lehtonen, and now Green with "injuries/illness."

The other owner is siting at 0.500 in a 3-way tie for 5th and has never really liked to re-build.

I will let you know what I can pull off. Thanks again. After a good night's sleep. I am ok with just standing pat if nothing can be done.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Block Buster?? Do I do this

Great Stuff Emu!!

Here's the offer: My Datsyuk, Brassard and Cleary for His Taveres, Hemsky, Skinner and Fowler

Limited keeper, protect 10 plus two rookies

I'm middle of the pack but have a ton of games on hand, top three finish is realistic.

Help
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Emu, Like to ask for your advice, I have got a lot of trade offers for my D.Sedin lately, and thinking of trading him. I have got some good offers and some bad. Trying to pull off a blockbuster right now.Its a points only leauge what do you think of this trade:

To Him:

Daniel Sedin
    Derek MacKenzie
    Chris Neil
    Dwayne Roloson

To Me:

Bobby Ryan
    Patrick Kaleta
    Niklas Backstrom (Goalie)
    Viktor Stalberg

Is it fair?
    24 team Keeper, H2H (points only), Salary cap, No Position Requirements, 12F 6D 2G
    ========================================

The Great One

Yeah, scoring is a bit much....makes it that much more involved when drafting, trading, etc. but at the same time it makes alot of players that otherwise have little to no value that much more valuable. Great advice by the way. And yes part of this is panic as I am down Rinne, Kane, Lehtonen, and now Green with "injuries/illness."

The other owner is siting at 0.500 in a 3-way tie for 5th and has never really liked to re-build.

I will let you know what I can pull off. Thanks again. After a good night's sleep. I am ok with just standing pat if nothing can be done.
    Cool man- good to hear. Greens in a tough spot- I own him too- but its more risky to move him tahn it is to ride it out I think. If he completely implodes Ill be eating my words but more than likely he just has to get healthy and pray for a quick turnaround from the whole Caps team.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJames View Post
    Thanks for the insight Emu, I REALLY appreciate the time and effort you have put forward in this thread.

That being said I really want to pull the trigger on that Hall/Subban for Doughty/Duchene trade, but my gut doesn't want me to let Hall go. I will have to sleep on that one a couple more nights!
    Thanks dude- glad I could help!

I totally agree about the Hall deal. I think I would do it but keeping a goal scorer of Halls calliber especially in that format- is never a mistake. What if he blows up ala Stamkos by next year? Hes already heating up...