Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trade Audits!

The Great One

Default Trade Audits!

Hey guys- I figured Id offer my services and audit a few trade offers/ideas. If you're unsure about where to go in a trade- drop a post and Ill examine a few different routes you could go. Here are a few scenarios:

- You have recieved an offer but dont feel its "quite there yet". Not 100% on the players coiming back or willing to part with the main component but iffy on moving some of the secondary part. Feel its right for your team but not sure the value is there- or vice versa. We can figure out how to tweak or wether or not its even worth putting more consideration into.

- You are targetting a player who is a buy low, on the block or one you just really want on your squad- but your not sure how to construct an offer. We'll start from scratch and build an offer from the ground up!

- You want to shop a player and are wondering what kind of return you should be looking at.

Make sure to include as much info as possible. If some vital detail is missing Ill pm you about it. Heres what Im looking for:

- League scoring/settings including cats/points, weekly or daily changes, how many at each position, one year, partial keeper or dynasty.

- Your trade partners roster.

- Where are you in the standings, where is he/she? Are they committed to a re-build- going for it this year?

- Any tendencies or history that sticks out. For example its easy to tell if he values youth but if you can remember that he traded Franzen for MSP straight up to start the year that would be very telling. Similarily if this GM never makes trades/moves that would be helpful too. The more info here the better here.

- Your waiver/free agent system and i any suitable replacements are currently available via this route. Sometimes you can avoid a trade altogether but morelikely you can find nice replacements after moving out a package for a marquis player.

This is my first time doing a "mail bag" type of thread so bear with me in terms of a timeframe- should be by tonight or tomorrow though- I know the trade world moves at light speed. Also I should mention that salary cap leagues are not my forte so it will be more difficult to help in this regard.

Im also working on 3-5 articles on some trade strategies/tactics I have come across that Ill post in the next few days...

Ill take the first five!!!
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; December 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM.

Dobber Sports Star

I don't have any requests. I just thought I'd say Emu for Prez
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey Emu,

Team/League in sig, unlimited WW moves, daily changes.
    I know you asked for a lot of specifics regarding a certain trade, but I'm gonna ask you some general opinion stuff, what I should do with my team.

I'm sitting 2nd in a league of 16, 15 pts out of 1st, 13 ahead of 3rd - and I'm looking to win this year. I'm pretty much sitting 12/16 in every stat category, so I don't need to improve in one area particularly.

It seems in my league I'm the most aware of goaltending situations in the NHL. Last year, I had Crawford/Niemi until Niemi won the job. This year, I have Crawford and Bobrovsky, and got Pavelec for a 3rd rounder after a few good starts.

My main question is what pieces do you think I should be moving to improve at RW/D.
    My first thought is to move Bobrovsky before his value takes a dip with the return of Leighton. Crawford seems to be getting more starts, Pavelec is continuing to stun, and I'm hoping Brodeur turns his numbers around to something respectable. My only issue with moving Bobrovsky is that Boucher's contract ends after this year, and Leighton's after next, leaving Bobrovsky the outright starter possibly.

What cailbre of RW do you think I could get in return for Bobrovsky straight up?
    What should I expect as a return for Brodeur at this point?
    Should I be looking at shopping one of Backstrom/Getzlaf for a big package including a RW/D/C (downgrade at C obviously)?

To give you an idea of how goalies are valued - of 96 kept players (6 for each of 16 teams), 28 were goalies. The only available NHL-active goalies are Clemmensen, Karlsson, Peters, Lalime, Dekanich and Auld.

Thanks for the input! If you need more info, let me know what you wanna see, I check this quite often lol.
    Last edited by holdUP; December 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM.
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price

The Great One

all right, why not...

I'm rebuilding in one of my leagues. Full keeper. We dress 12 F (any position), 6 dmen, 2 goalies. Stats are:

Goals, 1
    Assists, 1
    Penalty Min, 0.2
    Shots, 0.1
    Shoot out Goal, 1
    Plus/Minus, +0.4 or -0.4

I've offered Joe Thornton to a team contending. Looking at the other person's roster (see below), what offer makes sense to you? Keep in mind that this person is contending and is looking to trade futures and not players that are close to Joe's production right now (Sharp, Briere, Cammalleri). It would make no sense for him to trade players like that to me. He is looking to get an offensive boost by acquring Thornton.

Personally, when I look at his team, I like Frolik and I'm sure I could get some decent picks included, but I don't think that is enough for Thornton and I don't know what else to ask for. What is your opinion? His team is below.

A. Frolov P. Sharp - D. Briere
    M. Frolik S. Hartnell - J. Willians
    T. Vanek- T. Plekanec- M. Cammalleri
    B. Gionta - M. Samuellson- A. Macdonald

N. Kronwall- K. Foster
    M. Giordano - j. Johnson
    T. Gilbert - R. Whitney

H. Lundquist
    J. Halak

Bench:
    J.P. Dumont
    J. Pomminville
    D. Legwand
    A. Kostitsyn
    D. Stafford
    R. Whitney
    B. Boyes
    m. Letestu
    n. Khabibulin
    K. Timmonen
    T. Fleischman
    A. Ponikarovsky

Prospects:
    V. Leino
    M. Grabbner
    B. Maclean
    D. Boyd
    T. Lewis
    Jeremy Williams
    A.Ness
    T. Pulkkinen
    C. McCarthur
    B. Sonne
    M. Goncharov
    A. Loktionov
    Casey Pierro-Zabotel
    S. Shirokov
    Matz Zuccarelo Aasen
    Z. Kassian
    M. Neuvirth
    J. Campbell
    C. Robak
    D. Kugryshev

My team is:

B. Ryan - J. Thornton - J. Skinner
    M. Comrie - M. Ribeiro - W. Wolski
    D. Krejci - M. Stajan - J. Arnott
    D. Setoguchi - A. Tanguay - P. Berglund

T. Myers - B. McCabe
    I. White - S. Robidas
    B. Campbell - J. Demers

C. Anderson
    J. Howard

Bench/IR:
    D. Perron
    V. Lecavalier
    V. Prospal
    C. Stewart
    F. Kuba
    A. Greene
    K. Cumiskey
    D. Hamhuis
    N. Backstrom (G)

Prospects:
    R. Panik
    V. Tarasenko
    M. Granlund
    S. Elliott
    N. Leddy
    D. Kulikov
    J. Merrill
    C. Crawford
    A. Stalock
    B. Holtby
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by holdUP View Post
    Hey Emu,

Team/League in sig, unlimited WW moves, daily changes.
    I know you asked for a lot of specifics regarding a certain trade, but I'm gonna ask you some general opinion stuff, what I should do with my team.

I'm sitting 2nd in a league of 16, 15 pts out of 1st, 13 ahead of 3rd - and I'm looking to win this year. I'm pretty much sitting 12/16 in every stat category, so I don't need to improve in one area particularly.

It seems in my league I'm the most aware of goaltending situations in the NHL. Last year, I had Crawford/Niemi until Niemi won the job. This year, I have Crawford and Bobrovsky, and got Pavelec for a 3rd rounder after a few good starts.

My main question is what pieces do you think I should be moving to improve at RW/D.
    My first thought is to move Bobrovsky before his value takes a dip with the return of Leighton. Crawford seems to be getting more starts, Pavelec is continuing to stun, and I'm hoping Brodeur turns his numbers around to something respectable. My only issue with moving Bobrovsky is that Boucher's contract ends after this year, and Leighton's after next, leaving Bobrovsky the outright starter possibly.

What cailbre of RW do you think I could get in return for Bobrovsky straight up?
    What should I expect as a return for Brodeur at this point?
    Should I be looking at shopping one of Backstrom/Getzlaf for a big package including a RW/D/C (downgrade at C obviously)?

To give you an idea of how goalies are valued - of 96 kept players (6 for each of 16 teams), 28 were goalies. The only available NHL-active goalies are Clemmensen, Karlsson, Peters, Lalime, Dekanich and Auld.

Thanks for the input! If you need more info, let me know what you wanna see, I check this quite often lol.
    Hey Holdup- thanks for stopping in- you popped my cherry- lol!

Moving on- Ill adress things a little backwards here:

- First thing- I would not reccomend selling off Backstrom or Getzlaf for depth. The main reason being your keep six format- in these scenarios its almost always better to retain elite keepers and thats what these guys are. Also Getz is playing a little under par so moving him now isnt the best time.

- The good news is that goalies are a hot commodity and you seem to be a magician in this department! You have depth and a knack for finding gems out there at a discount. I think shopping one is a tad risky but makes sense in the grand scheme of things. Of your tenders I actually advocate shopping Brodeur. Hes on the decline but carries HUGE name recoginition and many people may be trying to "buy" on the NJ situation- hoping for a coaching change to right the ship. Next would be Bobo- because of the inherent risks you mentioned- although I personally think Leighton has fallen out of favor quite a bit over there. Even if Leighton is waived/traded- Bobo still has a very competent back up in Boucher which will lead to some cold patches but overall i think he will be servicable. The bottom line here is that Marty should fetch you an exponentially better return while realistically you could be looking at similar inconsistency in both. I would not reccomend moving Pavelec or Crawford. Pavs is playing out of this world and Crawford is still under the radar with crazy upside.

So what are your team needs? I think mainly you need more here and now power on the blueline and an uprade to each of your bench wingers. I think there are two viable routes to do this.

If you moved Brodeur id shoot for the moon a guy like Perry would be great- throw Prust in to cover some pims for your partner. Even take a shot at some injured guys Kane, Parise, Hossa- try to get an elite guy- even if you have to wait a bit. You are pretty firmly entrenched at number two for now so getting an elite guy that you might have to wait on for a week or two isnt as dangerous as it would be if you were jockeying for position in the middle of the pack. from there maybe package a guy like EJ or Carlson with picks or Bernier to try and upgrade your one year production on the blueline. Id start with EJ as Carlson has the potential to go supernova if the caps start to click and/or Mike Green goes down long term to injury- wheras Steen/Coli?pietrangelo are looking like the pp qbs over in STL.

The other option is selling Brodeur off for parts. I would be targetting underrated guys with strong peripherals- Burrows, Hartnell, Brown- guys that shoot a lot and chip in with pims and decent +/-. On D look at guys who dont carry a big name but also have good across the board numbers- Seabrook, Erhoff, etc. The idea here is to move Brodeur and 2 of Ryder, Prust, Ej, Engelland for 3 solid guys in this tier that will contribute now. Similarily you could use bobrovsky in this manner but it may be harder to find quality return.

Id target guys in the middle of the pack with weak tending. Often times if someone is struggling they want to find the one big reason they cant get over the hump. If they have goaltending doubts a name like Brodeur might get their head spinning as it becomes possible to justify moving a lot of value when your dealing with a generational talent.

In the end you get an elite winger or 3 solid upgrades and your tender situation has in reality taken a pretty minimal hit with Pavelec as your ace and Bobo/Crawford dueling for that second spot each night.

Lastly Id be shopping Bernier for anything- d upgrade, picks- to teams out of contention. There is very little hope he makes your 6 keepers and he likely wont get into enough games to warrant a bench spot on your squad this year.

Hope that helps- feel free to post back or pim with any offers/deals that go down.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; December 9, 2010 at 2:42 PM.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by gfhyde View Post
    I don't have any requests. I just thought I'd say Emu for Prez
    Lol-just saw this- thanks dude!

And yes that counts as one- only three more audits!!!

The Great One

Hey Seadawg- thanks for posting!

This one is a bit of a stumper.

First off lets talk about what your dealing with in Thornton. Jumbo has seen his value drop off a bit along wth his production in the last couple years. i think also people have clued in that he doesnt take a lot of shots or rack up pims making him more of a one-dimensional threat. That being said I actually dont mind him in your format at all. You do get credit for pims/sog but they are really quite miniscule- not to say they have no effect- just that they are less relevant than in your standard roto format. Hes still a threat for the century mark, in any given year, has respectable +/- and has elite linemates to cushion his point totals.

To break it down he averages 150ish sogs, +15 or so, and 60ish pims per year- roughly on pace for (aside from his +/-)- which would account for 33ish extra points on top his regular points. A guy like Getzlaf who is widely considered to be an elite roto stud has averaged 186 sogs, +4 (aside from one anomoly year in 2007- with Pronger Niedermeyer) and 100ish pims the last 3 years (Im not counting this year as hes mired in a slump). That equates to 39ish extra points.

So even though both are slumping and on pace to finish a little under those averages we can still extrapolate that on average Thornton would have to score 6 more points to be on par with a vintage getzlaf who is considered a multi cat monster- in your particular format.

This league seems to have crazy depth for a dynasty and as such we can assume that the draft picks invoved would have minimal value, especially considering your trade partner is in contention to win it all, and as intriguing as guys like frolik are- they certainly dont equate to a gamebreaker like Jumbo.

At 31 hes getting to the point where you want to start considering trade routes on a re-building team- but there is not a move you HAVE to make here. Im gonna go out on a limb and assume hes undervaluing or trying to "buy low" on Thornton anyways. The fact that he started talks by saying he doesnt want to give anyone whos producing right now for a superstar is an absolute red flag.

Prognosis?

Move along.

Id feel safe keeping him another year- and look at other trade routes if they present themselves. If you felt like you had to move him in the end- Id strongly reccomend shopping him around your league to a plethora of different owners and use the stats I provided as ammunition.

There just isnt much to work with here...

The Great One

Thanks Emu. I agree with your assessment. Good to get a second opinion.

Thornton has practically no trade value in our league. In fact, I just recently acquired him, Lecavalier (another undervalued player) and S. Elliott for 2 picks, Hornqvist, Backes, Peverley, Bailey, Fehr, Regin, Bennett, and Kuehnhackl. Seemed to me like a deal that was quantity for quality (me getting the quality), but I honestly thought at the time that maybe I could flip Thornton to a contending team for two or three quality young players, like Frolik and two more players of his pedigree. Doesn't look like that will happen in this league.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great thread Emu! If I could make one suggestion, it'd be to include the potential trading partner's last three trades/roster moves as a way of potentially identifying how he or she views their own team, and the areas they're trying to address.

Just a thought

Good luck!
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Emu,

I have a couple offers on the table.

Trade 1. Hall and Subban for his Doughty and Duchene.

His team is 2-6 and this is his roster:

M Duchene
    M Ribeiro
    M Koivu
    P Stastny
    P Datsyuk
    A Vermette
    K Turris
    N Kadri
    H Zetterberg
    A Kostitsyn
    D Doughty
    N Lidstrom
    P Kubina
    S Robidas
    A Pietrangelo
    A Markov
    N Hjalmarsson
    A Niemi
    C Crawford
    D Dubnyk
    J Bernier
    M Brodeur

Trade #2
    Another GM is 2-6 and the offer is my Briere and Hedman for his Laich, Ehrhoff and Theodore. This is his roster:
    B Laich
    Derek Roy
    H Sedin
    J Pavelski
    S Gomez
    P Berglund
    D Sedin
    G Latendresse
    P Elias
    S Doan
    B Stuart
    C Ehrhoff
    D Wideman
    K Yandle
    C Colaiacovo
    D Morris
    K Ballard
    K Lehtonen
    S Varlamov
    B Elliott
    D Roloson
    J Theodore
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

PS my team is in sig and all the info you need should be in there.

Thanks!
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey buddy thanks for the line.I have few questions for you.
    1) First I am looking acquiring one more winger for my team. I just traded Stastny, Voracek, and Brassard to acquire Malkin, so I left my depth skinny at W. I am looking more a player for the future as in next year or two. Do you see anyone that I can move to obtain a future W??
    2) I have an owner interested in Okposo in my league. Who do you like more in the future Downie or Okposo?
    3) Last one: My two first round prospect draft picks next year should both be top 5. Would you move them to obtain players this year, or are those top 5 prospect draft picks too valuable?

Thanks in advance. It is appreciated!
    12 Team H2H Dynasty League
    4x4 settings (G ,A, +/-, PIM, W, GAA, SV, SV %)
    3C, 6W, 6D, 2G, 12 bench- 3 IR spots

C= R.Getzlaf, J.Toews, E.Malkin
    W=A.Ovechkin, P.Kane, C.Perry, B.Ryan, K.Okposo, J.Eberle
    D=M.Green, Letang, K.Yandle, P.Subban, J.Carlson, D.Phaneuf
    G=T. Rask, S.Varlamov

BC= T.Seguin,M. Perreault, T.Tatar
    BW= Calvert, Z.Boychuck, L.Omark, J.Morin
    BD= B.Smith, S.Elliott
    BG= M.Neuvirth, J.Bernier, A.Lindback, B.Holtby, R.Emery
    FARM= C.Kreider, B.Connolly.
    Draft= #1 Pick overall in 2011 prospects Draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for offering to do this - it's great to get a second set of eyes on these things.

This deal is for the league in my sig, and it is a big one:

I give Hossa, Getz and Kane

I get Burmistrov, Hall and Malkin.

I look at it as 2 separate deals. Getz and Kane for Hall and Malkin since they have similar salaries, then Hossa for Burmistrov since Hoss's salary is too high for me to keep him around next year.

Here's how I see it:
    Malkin > Getz
    Kane > Hall, but maybe not for long
    Hossa >> Burmistrov, but given the salary considerations I think this is a decent return for a guy I won't be keeping.

Other owner is in 3rd and wanting to make a push. I'm in 7th thanks to goaltending woes and, while I might have a shot, am more than willing to push that shot off for a year to get my boy Hall.

Any glaring holes in that analysis? I think he might go for also giving me a draft pick next year so will try for that. He also has Carter Ashton who he might move instead of Burmistrov, but I think Burmy is the better option.
    12 team league
    G, A, STPts, +/-, PIMs, GAA, S%, W
    Start 12 fwds, 7 d, 3 g; keep full starting roster + 3 on farm
    (Salary cap = 1200)

F: Malkin(55) Perry(75) Hall(125) Stepan(20) Wheeler(20) Ott(35) Okposo(50) Hertl(15) Lecavalier(120) Jagr(10) Strome(25) Drouin(55) MacKinnon(55) Couturier(10) E.Lindholm(20) Arcobello(20)
    D: Weber(65) Keith(40) Hedman(105) Gudas(10) Bieksa(55) Larsson(70) Ellis(25) Orlov(20) jSchultz(30) B.Smith(40)
    G: Rinne(40) Markstrom(25) Enroth(35) Khudobin(30) Greiss(15) Hutton(20) Stalock(10)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hope that helps- feel free to post back or pim with any offers/deals that go down.
    Cheers!
    Thanks a ton for the insight and ideas!

Moved Bernier for a 2nd round pick, Quick keeps dominating and Bernier's #'s don't help a sell.

I'm working on a deal of Bobrovsky+pick for Perry.... thoughts?
    The guy who I traded Bernier to just offered Letang for Brodeur.
    As much as I'd love to see it, Brodeur won't fetch me an elite talent like Perry.
    Last edited by holdUP; December 10, 2010 at 2:04 PM.
    12-team Rotisserie
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, FOW
    W, saves, GAA, SV%, SO

2C-
    2LW- Marchand
    2RW- Giroux
    4D- Rielly
    2G- Bishop, Price

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by holdUP View Post
    Thanks a ton for the insight and ideas!

Moved Bernier for a 2nd round pick, Quick keeps dominating and Bernier's #'s don't help a sell.

I'm working on a deal of Bobrovsky+pick for Perry.... thoughts?
    The guy who I traded Bernier to just offered Letang for Brodeur.
    As much as I'd love to see it, Brodeur won't fetch me an elite talent like Perry.
    Dude- Bobo+ for Perry would be killer!!!

I wouldnt reject the Letang offer yet- because if deal 1 with Bobo goes through you need Brodeur and are praying on a return to form. Deal 2 is worth looking at if deal 1 falls through. You need Perry more- especially because he adds a ton of peripherals that you need (and he has been playing stellar lately too). Also and just as importantly your goaltending overstock is the best way to address your lack of forward depth wheras your youth on the blueline might yield a few one for one flips- in terms of acquiring veteran D-man talent for upside. Most Gms will trade a Timmonen for an EJ but at the other end would not move a Dustin Brown for the ame return. Typically D-men unless absolutely elite- wont snag a similarily talented forward. So long story short you can make deal 1 and still have viable options for upgrading your blueline short term. deal 2 limits your options a lot more.

If deal 1 falls through- look at Brodeur for Letang a little harder- try to get more value back though...

Great move on Bernier! He was no use to you- and the pick is nice- but moreimportantly can be a trading chip moving forward or insurance if you have to move your 1st- still in ok shape with the new pick coming back.

Great moves- get that Perry deal done!!!
    Last edited by Fighting_Emu; December 10, 2010 at 9:01 PM.