Thread: Trade Idea - Advice appreciated

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Trade Idea - Advice appreciated

Hi all,
    So i'm thinking of trying to piece together a deal together in my league to even out my offensive distribution. I'm interested to see what you guys would do if you were on the receiving end of this deal.

I would send: Perry, Hossa
    Receive: E.Staal, Kesler

I would also consider throwing in Couture or Leino if that were to swing the decision.
    Would this trade have any merit with you if you were on the opposing team? If you would like some reference as to how this trade would benefit both teams, check my team in my sig, and the other guys team is:

C: Stamkos, H.Sedin, E.Staal, Kesler
    LW: Vanek, Clowe, Ennis (C)
    RW: Brown, Kessel, Skinner
    D: Letang, Subban, Campbell, Bouwmeester, Byfuglien (RW)
    G: Bryzgalov, Elliott, Ellis

I originally tried to deal for Stamkos, but he refused to trade Stamkos unless he got a goalie in return and I don't feel comfortable running 2 goalies in this league because the FA pool is thin as shit. If Crawford was out there I woulda thrown Vokoun at him so fast.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Genius

I like the idea of moving an RW for a C or LW seeing as you have three strong RW in Perry, Horton, and Hossa...plus Carter with RW capacity...but I don't like the return for Perry Hossa...I would look to move Horton or Hossa and maybe Leino or Couture for Staal straight up or find a different GM and buy cheaply on Spezza...things of that nature would be much better than losing Perry who in any PIM league this season is a top 10 forward overall...def look to move a RW for a LW or C upgrade but not that deal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man if I could swap Hossa + Couture straight up for E.Staal I would pull the trigger so fast haha. I hate to consider trading Perry, but I'm gonna be honest with you I think he's the only guy who's going to get me a decent return in this league. The way I see it is if I can complete a trade like the one that i proposed above, it'll set me at C, and I can use Carter's RW eligibility to fill the gap.
    Assuming I can pull that trade off, my team would look like this:
    C: E. Staal, Kesler, Couture, Peverley, Vermette
    LW: Leino Smyth Ladd
    RW: Carter Horton, Okposo (future)
    D: Visnovsky, Boyle, Yandle, Wiz
    G: Vokoun Luongo Pavelec.

I can't help but think that this team looks like a massive improvement over the team I have now, even though I'm giving up Perry. Mind you this attitude could simply be because in the 2 weeks that I've had hossa he's been hurt. It would really help me solidify two positions at the same time though.
    Thanks for the quick reply MT, Reps to you broski

Edit: Whoops lol can't give you rep cuz I haven't given to anyone else in awhile...oh well, i'll hit ya with it next time.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!