Thread: Ryan/Doan for Ribeiro/Selanne

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ryan/Doan for Ribeiro/Selanne

team in sig. who wins this trade? thanks.

Dobber Sports Genius

I rather have Ryan due to his PIM's but in all seriousness I think technically the Ribiero Selanne side has enough short term value currently and high enough long term value with Ribeiro turning to a point per game option playing with Eriksson and Neal when Richards gets moved later this season that the Selanne Ribiero end may actually be better...plus Selanne often gets the majority of top PP time over Ryan...honestly Ribiero and Selanne are not guys you target with Ryan but in the end I almost think the Ribiero side if Selanne doesn't have injury issues might be better return other than the lack of PIM's if there are no better FA replacements for Doan on the wire

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ya i guess selanne's health plays a big factor. also not putting any weight into ribeiro's improvement given a possible richards trade.

another big reason to move selanne is that it causes complications also having perry at RW and more often than not i'm benching a rw - either bourque or selanne.

not much else i can really do to improve this trade given his team. i could target one of his d - montador, chara, j. johnson, rafalski, or subban with my jovo. not sure how he'd feel about that though.

Dobber Sports Genius

Well i did say id take Ryan and if he has LW eligibility then def do it cause your overstacked at RW as is...plus who is on the wire cause i'm sure Doan can be replaced with someone decent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

we only get 10 moves per year. i probably wouldn't drop doan for someone else. i'd just wait it out with him until stewart is back then drop doan to activate stewy.

on the wire there's steen, recchi, vrbata, whitney, dupuis, bergeron, peverley, purcell, cleary...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

also pims aren't my greatest concern as i often do well in that cat, but losing selanne and ribeiro costs me PPPs and ryan doesn't get many of those.

Dobber Sports Genius

alright what FA Centers are on the wire..if you trade Ribiero you need a center as crosby ennis does not cut it...plus losing a guy that doesn't start is the same as benching him as either way your not getting PPP

Dobber Sports Genius

how bout scratch that deal then you need ribiero too much and turn around and try selanne or bourque for Spezza to shed that depth at RW and give you something worthwhile at C...then when stewart returns drop ennis

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ryan plays C as well. not terribly worried about position. not that interested in spezza either. could do that deal and just drop doan or ennis for peverley, steen, or bergeron, and then drop the other once stewart returns.

also sounds like i'm getting rafalski or j. johnson for jovo as part of the deal as well.