Thread: Who to drop? Zherdev or Booth or both?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to drop? Zherdev or Booth or both?

Second team in my signature.

I just made a trade to pick up Sedin, Spezza and Zherdev, where Zherdev was going to be a throw away player so I could take Savard off the IR. However, the latest I read of Zherdev is that he was getting a good look on a line with Carter and Giroux, so maybe he isn't the best option to drop anymore. Booth is only other player on my team that I consider expendable, but he is also starting to pick it up in the last couple of games he's played (2G,2A in the last 3 games).

Which do you think I should drop to bring Savard off the IR?

Or should I be looking to drop both, bring Savard off the IR and pick up any of the following Wingers?

Okposo (stash on IR and pick up another one of the following)
    Langenbrunner
    Lupul
    Benn
    Knuble
    Bergfors
    Fleischmann
    Kopecky
    Tambellini

Thanks for the advice!

Dobber Sports Genius

Definitel drop Booth to activate Savard...if Zherdev is legitimately playing alongside Giroux and Carter then sadly he is worth keeping in the short term however long term he will undoubtedly shit himself which at that timeyou can grab Benn or someone along those lines off the wire

Dobber Sports Ninja

I agree about dropping Booth, he has more value in a league that counts SOG's, but in your league he's not valuable unless he's scoring and I think that Benn, Fleischmann, Lupul and possibly even Tambellini have a better shot at contributing good numbers to a league such as yours. I would definitely suggest stashing Okposo on the IR and I would seriously consider putting together a trade package shipping some forwards for a good G...lol not going to lie I saw Vokoun and Neuvirth as your two goalies and I died a little inside. Vokoun is solid for %'s (not lately tho unfortunately), but he won't be getting a lot of wins in the near future, and Neuvirth on a timeshare isn't much help either.
    Keep a short leash with Zherdev imo. I think for now you should activate Savard and consider droppign Zherdev for one of the above options by at least the end of next week (assuming those guys are still on the WW)
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the comments.

I know my goalies are killing me right now and i've been working on packages to get better ones. It's tought in a 14 man league. I somehow flaked out on the draft, and boy do i regret it. I'm in 7th right now, trying to claw my way up.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

anyone else?