Thread: Ribeiro vs. Krejci

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ribeiro vs. Krejci

Hi guys,

Who would you take in a one-year league? Standard yahoo categories: G, A, +-, PPP, SOG, PIMs.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Novice

I think that Krejci is both a better player overall and is also getting better opportunities in Boston than robeiro is in Dallas. The lucic, Krejci, Horton line seems to be clicking well and is very effective. Realistically I would expect both to hit more than 60 but I think that Krejci has a chance at 80, whereas it looks like ribeiro will hit 60-65 with a slight chance at 70. So the difference isn't too large but I would personally choose Krejci.
    League: 10 Team, Keeper (10), Points Only, Salary Cap ($445)

Forwards: Ovechkin (49), Heatley(35), Eriksson(35), Tavares(28), Thornton(39), Spezza(32), E.Staal(38), Skinner(23), Paajarv(12), Eakin(1), Gordon(6), Ennis(16)
    Defensemen: Carlson(12), Karlsson(16), MDZ(8), Fowler(14), Gardiner(1), T.J Brodie(1)
    Rookie: Rundblad(1)
    Goalies: Ward(46), Theodore(24), Harding(8)
    IR: Filatov(6), Dipietro(9)

Farm: Grachev, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Lehner, Ryan Murphy, Dougie Hamilton, Strome, Grimaldi, Schroeder,

Dobber Sports Genius

Ribiero no question...former 80 pointoption without the concussion history right off the bat..but most importantly plays on the far more talented offensive team andwhen Richards gets moved later this season will get a considerable bump in value playing with Neal and Eriksson along with even heavier top PP time....his current situation between Morrow and Benn is solid as well along with heavy top PP minutes...def would take him over Krejci as with Savard returning Krejci's value will only go down where as Ribiero will remerger as a legit point-per-game option later this season and has plenty of value right now in his current state...go with Ribiero

Dobber Sports Novice

Krejci hit 73 in his career once and I guarantee he increases that point total. Savards return will not harm Krejci as much as you think. Not only will savard need around 10 games to get back to him game shape, but having savard on a different line takes the top d pairing and places it on the savard line. "but won't savard's return mean less pp time for Krejci?". No, krejcis line has been clicking, and there is no way that julien decreases Their pp time unless they start sucking big time.

Forwards: Ovechkin (49), Heatley(35), Eriksson(35), Tavares(28), Thornton(39), Spezza(32), E.Staal(38), Skinner(23), Paajarv(12), Eakin(1), Gordon(6), Ennis(16)
    Defensemen: Carlson(12), Karlsson(16), MDZ(8), Fowler(14), Gardiner(1), T.J Brodie(1)

Farm: Grachev, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Lehner, Ryan Murphy, Dougie Hamilton, Strome, Grimaldi, Schroeder,

Dobber Sports Initiate

"krejcis line has been clicking, and there is no way that julien decreases Their pp time unless they start sucking big time"

ehhh....yes he will. In 1-2 games it wont be "krejcis line" anymore, but Savards line. The only question is if Krejci will center Seguin/Ryder or Wheeler/Recchi. Savard already bumped him off the PP1 as well.

Krejci is on a 57 point pace so far. I doubt that he will increase that, so good luck with that 73+ point guarantee.

Ribeiro is doing much better with a 70 point pace. I think they will find a way to resign Richards though. Dallas wont let him go as long as they are contending this year, but Ribeiro is still "guaranteed" plenty of time on the PP1.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Novice

Krejci has 18 in 19, whereas Ribeiro has 23 in 27. I would pick Krejci, but im not going to argue.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ribs is one of the most undervalued guys in the league. I hate him, but he's proven that he can hit 80.

That said if it's a heads up trade I don't think you bother as they are both so close.

Don't count on Richards getting moved. Dallas needs the star power to sell tickets and they also need the profits that come with the playoffs. I think he'll sign and Ribs will be the one to go.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50