Thread: Which D to pick up?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which D to pick up?

3 of my D have only 2 games next week so I'm looking to grab a temporary defenseman off the waiver wire. Available are

Ryan Suter (4 games)
    Jovanovski (3)
    Coliacovo (3)
    Montador (3)
    Engelland (2)
    Theo Peckham (2)

Ignoring games, who would you grab? With 4 games I'm leaning toward Suter.

Any of these guys worth a long term pick up? (I could use PIMs)

Thanks!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Administrator

Definitely like Suter here.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Suter followed by Colaiacovo

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Suter for me but just look up who pittsburgh is playing. Maybe you can get 10+ PIMS from Engelland

Dobber Sports Stud

hmmm.. Flyers and Rangers.... Carcillo's back, Prust and Avery...interesting
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)

Quote Originally Posted by PPQB View Post
    Suter for me but just look up who pittsburgh is playing. Maybe you can get 10+ PIMS from Engelland
    Suter definitely for the week, though Colaiacovo would be my 2nd option. Engelland's PIMs aren't consistent enough to warrant consideration now or long term...imo.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Would Roman Hammerlik fit on anyone's list? I'm receiving zero interest in Martin, Foster, and EJ for trades (generally almost no trade talk in this league), so I'd probably have to drop one of them for any pick-up.

Thanks for the ideas, pro and con, on Engelland and the others!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would also go Suter here...
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Robbie View Post
    Would Roman Hammerlik fit on anyone's list? I'm receiving zero interest in Martin, Foster, and EJ for trades (generally almost no trade talk in this league), so I'd probably have to drop one of them for any pick-up.

Thanks for the ideas, pro and con, on Engelland and the others!
    lol Engelland had 5PIMs last night so I am obviously clueless.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would lean toward Suter as well but you sure you want to do that? I think your Dmen, regardless of playing twice, with outproduce your list. One other thing...why are you planning to keep Foster over Boyle or Erhoff???

Dobber Sports Stud

In my league only players that slip in the draft are worth keeping; if you keep someone who you drafted in the ninthround this year, you lose a 7th round pick next year.

To keep Boyle I would lose a 3rd round pick, which this year contained Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan, Jimmy Howard, Iginla, Gaborik,,,