Thread: Marc Staal

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Marc Staal

does this guy have an underrated offensive upside or am I just fooling myself?

Can this guy get 35-45-55 points in the future? Help a brotha out lol
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree that he could be a 45 point guy if given the PP time 55 is too high IMO but his role in NY is just not one that will give him that opportunity I think that we will see him as a 35 point player for many years as long as he is there so 4 years at least.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He hit 30 last year with no pp time, but he is more of a shutdown guy. Don't see him clearing 40 too often.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

he has already started to get more pp time in the last few games. if that trend continues 40-45 points is not out of the question. i think his offensive skills are HIGHLY underrated.
    he is just so good in his own end (compared to other d men in NY) that it's been necessary for him to play in that role but he can score.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by goligodski View Post
    he has already started to get more pp time in the last few games. if that trend continues 40-45 points is not out of the question. i think his offensive skills are HIGHLY underrated.
    he is just so good in his own end (compared to other d men in NY) that it's been necessary for him to play in that role but he can score.
    I agree. This factor limits his upside. I say he'll average between 30-45 points throughout his career. But, if Rangers land another D-men in the progress who can take some of the shutdown role from Marc and allow him to play more of an upbeat offensive style I wouldn't say 55 is out of the question. It's just so hard to play him on the PP too much right now because the Rangers need him fresh to play against the other team's top players at even strength
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR