Thread: Spezza for my chara

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Spezza for my chara

h2h, one year league. Someone offered me spezza for my chara, with Phaneuf coming back soon, do you guys think it's worth the risk? cheers

Edward
    H2H, 8 teams, large roster
    G, A, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM, SOG
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Spezza, Steen, Couture, Jordan Staal
    LW : Kovalchuk (LW/RW), Vanek, Gagne, E. Kane
    RW :Iginla, Hornqvist, Doan, Havlat
    D: Doughty, Phaneuf, Visnovsky, PK Subban
    5 BN

G: Luongo, Fleury, Brodeur, Rinne

Dobber Sports Genius

Yea considering your C outside of Malkin for an 8 man league are shit and your D is both heavily stacked and need to get rid of one anyway def do it...Spezza is a consistent 75 point pace option though so minus above average injury issues he isn't much of a risk from a production standpoint...def do that...and who else is on the wire as in an 8 man league therer should be at least a few decent options

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Being you very weak in the center position I would accept the deal. Also it doesn't appear your league counts defensemen points, or HITS, both of which are Z's specialty.
    12 Team ESPN H2H Keeper: 1F/1D/1G
    Skater: G, A, +/-, PTS, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, FOW, TOI, SOG, HIT, DEF
    Goalie: W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Mind Your Manners
    Fowards: Tavares, Toews, T. Johnson, Kucherov, Backes, Turris, Huberdeau, Stepan, Kunitz, Filppula, Perron, J. Staal, M. Martin
    Defense: Letang, Carlson, Streit, Fowler, Johnson, Zidlicky
    Goalies: Bishop, Dubnyk, Pavelec
    Daily Start: 9F/5D/1Util/2G

Dobber Sports Genius

Is Chara the poster boy for 'model of consistency'?

Is Spezza the poster boy for 'model of inconsistency'?

You have extended stats. Thus Chara is important to your PMs in your multi-cat league. He is a well rounded contributor to your overall stats.

If you're 8-0 this year in PM, perhaps you can afford to take a hit in this category. If you're 4-4, maybe you don't want to.

On the surface, this offer looks interesting, if a fellow is weak at centre. Spezza can he up to 90 point pace for a stretch of a month or two. He's a pretty hard guy to trust though.

If your team is behind in the standings, and having a 90 point Spezza would fix the problems, then this is potentially a risk you might want to take. If you're cruising along, safe and steady at or near the top of the league, then maybe this is not a risk you want to take.

You need to take the time to review the various CAT leaders in your league. To know where you stack up. You need to assess your team before the trade and after the trade to see how you will compete. Sit down for a 1/2 hour with paper and pen and scratch out the numbers. When you're done, you'll understand your league and your team a little better. You'll also know whether you think this is a good deal for you or not.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think that with your need at C and the fact that you have Phaneuf coming back do it. Phaneuf will make up for the PIMs you lose in Chara they are very much teh same type of D. Good move for you IMO.

Dobber Sports Genius

I second what MT319 said

Dobber Sports Expert

Another thing you have to take note is that in a one year Krejcis value will drop a bit now that Savard is back. I checked the updated depth charts on Rotoworld and dailyfaceoff and he is now supposedly placed on the top line between Lucic and Horton. and is centering the top PP unit while Krejci is bumped to 2nd PP unit.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Rookie

very good analysis guys, i will take my time and think about this, especially with what JHM said.
    H2H, 8 teams, large roster
    G, A, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM, SOG
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Spezza, Steen, Couture, Jordan Staal
    LW : Kovalchuk (LW/RW), Vanek, Gagne, E. Kane
    RW :Iginla, Hornqvist, Doan, Havlat
    D: Doughty, Phaneuf, Visnovsky, PK Subban
    5 BN

G: Luongo, Fleury, Brodeur, Rinne

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I nabbed Spezza of waivers 3 weeks ago and thought I hit the jack pot. He has been useless. The Sens SUCK. Who does Spezza have to play with? Alfie is over the hill, Kovalev is shit.

Spezza is a head ache that I wish I could get rid of. I'm sorry I picked him up, and after investing a waiver pick and the last month on him, I'm afraid he'll heat up and burn me if I drop him.