Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So Dobber ..

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default So Dobber ..

Thanks guys - but now it\'s time for true confessions. I stayed away from hockey for a long, long time - longer than most of your have been alive because more than 50 years ago I really blew a call on a prospect. The story goes like this:

When I was in first grade living in Flin Flon, my chums and I used to skate in a boggy area that presented us with this idyllic rink in the winter - we needed to skate around clumps of trees to find the opposition goal, but the water always froze smooth and there was lots of it. Glory days for sure.

Anyway there was a snot nosed kid a couple of years younger that always wanted to play with us big kids. We naturally turned him away because he wasn\'t nearly of our skill level, as eager as he was.

My mom was good friends with his mom and she started ragging on me to include this kid in our games. My response? \"But Mom, Bobby will never be good enough to play with us.\"

True story about my ability to predict the value of players - be very careful with my advice.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default So Dobber ..

Shoeless wrote:
    Thanks guys - but now it\'s time for true confessions. I stayed away from hockey for a long, long time - longer than most of your have been alive because more than 50 years ago I really blew a call on a prospect. The story goes like this:

When I was in first grade living in Flin Flon, my chums and I used to skate in a boggy area that presented us with this idyllic rink in the winter - we needed to skate around clumps of trees to find the opposition goal, but the water always froze smooth and there was lots of it. Glory days for sure.

Anyway there was a snot nosed kid a couple of years younger that always wanted to play with us big kids. We naturally turned him away because he wasn\'t nearly of our skill level, as eager as he was.

My mom was good friends with his mom and she started ragging on me to include this kid in our games. My response? \"But Mom, Bobby will never be good enough to play with us.\"

True story about my ability to predict the value of players - be very careful with my advice.
    I am assuming this is Bobby Clarke.

Anyways Shoeless we all respect your opinion. Congrat and looking forward to many more posts and advice from you. B)
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default So Dobber ..

Nah he clearly means Bobby Woytowich!

Dobber Sports Giant

Default So Dobber ..

Shoeless wrote:

Well, they may not always the be right one (you\'re human after all!!!), but they give us something to think about and I find them always valuable. Again, congrats for this!!!