Thread: What to do? Savard and Phaneuf coming back from IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default What to do? Savard and Phaneuf coming back from IR

Sounds like a good problem to have, but I don't know how to act on this one. The team I'm looking at is the second one in my signature. Right now we dress two C a night and I have four on my roster. To bring Savard off the IR, I feel like I'd have to drop one of Dubinsky or Ribeiro, but in a 14 team league, I think they're both too good to drop. Also with Phaneuf coming back, I need to drop another body. We dress 3 D and I currently have 3, but I don't mind rostering 4. I'm thinking of dropping either Booth or Bourque.

I've been trying to make trades non-stop for the last couple weeks and while i've had a couple nibbles, no one is biting or counter offering.

Any opinions/ideas?

Also, I know my biggest weakness is in goal. There are some FA goalies available, which would require making further moves, so I'm kind of stuck until I do something with my IR.
    FA goalies include:
    Lindback
    Leighton
    Khabibulin
    Garon
    Elliott

Thanks for the help!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well thats a tough one I dont like seeing anyone drop quality players like that in a deeper league to boot! I am surprise and your right trying to make deal is the way to do it.

When you are making deal bear in mind that you are going to be dropping the 2nd guy of the deal as 2 for 1's is what you have to do sweeten the pot and get an upgrade!!

That said IF you MUST drop players it has to be Booth and Dubinsky (Rib's #'s are better OA and he is on pace for 10 more points than Dub)

Dobber Sports Genius

Drop Booth...activate Savard...leave Phaneuf on IR as I like both Shattenkirk and Giordano over him for right now...then package Phaneuf and Dubinsky for Varlamov...goaltending issue solved...no waste of Dubinsky...no waste of extra defenseman on roster

Dobber Sports Prodigy

made a trade.

I'm giving up Dubinsky, Erikkson, Staal for Spezza, D. Sedin and Zherdev (to be dropped to bring back Savard).

I'm pretty comfortable with it, since I feel like i'm getting the best player in the deal, D. Sedin. I think Spezza will turn it around, as he usually does come December.

Any other opinions?

Dobber Sports Stud

I think that was a good move dude!

Spezza and Alfy combo could be nice when they turn it around.

As for Phaneuf, maybe you want to drop Booth?

The Leafs are having problems scoring, but he's still gonna produce. At least as much as Booth is with the Panthers. The only thing you may miss is Booth's huge shots sometimes.

As for the G's. If you could get Varlamov, that would help. Nice tandem to have. But you could maybe try trading Neuvirth to the Varlamov owner in a package to get Varly and a player?
    I know Neuvirth's value has dropped, but for a Varly owner, he's someone who you really want to have.

If not, I think you have to make a move and grab Elliott? or MAYBE Leighton. Elliott will probably start more unless Bob starts to falter.
    Neuvirth won't start enough to be a legit second goalie. I don't think.
    Team 1:

G, A, SOG, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C - Matthews, Crosby, Point, Seguin
    LW - Miller, Tkachuk, Gaudreau, Kaprizov, Schenn
    RW - Terry, Necas, Reinhart, Boeser
    D - Hedman, Pionk, Hanifin, McNabb
    G - Hellebyuck, Ullmark
    IR - Wilson, Petry

Team 2:

G, A, PP, SOG, Hit, Blk, W, GAA, SV%,

C - Kopitar, Hischier, Rantane
    LW - Panarin, Guentzel, RNH