Thread: Quick for Kovy

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Quick for Kovy

just got this offer...I am debating whether or not this is too much of a sell low for me though...I am suffering in goal as i have Rinne (injured) turco, crawford and elliot.

I think my offense is strong enough with Perry, Kopitar, Semin, Nash, Hemsky, Lucic, Bourque, Krejci, Tavares, Whitney, Yandle and Ehrhoff.

I also shopped Kovy around and got nothing nearly half as good..so any advice?

League settings G, A, PTS, PP, PIM, +/-, GWG, GAA, W, SV%, SO

***UPDATE***

I was able to up the ante a bit and got owner to pony up Vinny Lecavalier and Quick for Kovalchuk and Hemsky....
    Last edited by Mr.FantasyHockey; December 6, 2010 at 6:45 AM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like where the deal is going so I think that if you can expand and upgrade on another position in a 2 for 1 in your favor then it may be worth it. But right now I think its a lowball offer

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like the offer. Quick is a good goalie on a good team and now that Kovalchuk got paid he doesn't give a shit. Your offence is solid enough to part with him and it would be a big boost for your goaltending

Dobber Sports Genius

Can't see your full roster but based on what your working with in net I'd definitely grab Quick...I only expect Kovalchuk to score at goal heavy 70pt pace even when/if he gets going and then sputter a bit when Parise returns back into the lineup..not a situation I'd want to carry through a full 82...def get Quick

Dobber Sports Pro

Can you pick up Lindback in the meantime? Also, what kind of goalies are available via free agency? I wouldn't trade Kovalchuk straight up for Quick under any circumstance. I know Kovy is playing crap but you should be able to get Quick+ for Kovalchuk just due to his upside. I'd rather sell high on Lucic to try and get help in goal if anyone is willing to bite.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I was able to up the ante a bit and got owner to pony up Vinny Lecavalier and Quick for Kovalchuk and Hemsky....

Both Hemsky (out wit a groin injury/ out indefinitely) and Lecavalier (broken hand out for 2 or 3 more weeks) are injured but i figured, Vinny is the better player on the better team and much more upside when he comes back.

Oh and PocketRocket Lindback has been picked up already and Gigure, Gustavsson, Leclaire, Smith, Roloson are pretty much the only goalies available on the wire.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Genius

Thoughts are you're already plenty deep up front and very weak in net....to get a solid #1 goalie on a great team in Quick for a severe underacheiver in Kovalchuk along with a nice buy low on Lecavalier you should consider yourself lucky

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Thoughts are you're already plenty deep up front and very weak in net....to get a solid #1 goalie on a great team in Quick for a severe underacheiver in Kovalchuk along with a nice buy low on Lecavalier you should consider yourself lucky
    Thanks for the insight man, just been struggling with the notion of trading away my 1st pick. I think I agree that Kovy will snap outta of it, but still wont put up Kovy type numbers from Atlanta---maybe its Jersey, Coaching staff, Bad Fit, Pressure to perform or the 100 million but whatever it is, its been killing me.

My dilemma is do I wait for him to get hot and get a better deal or just accept this one? Still unsure.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quick is a top 10 netminder on a very solid team and performed extremely well all year long...if your gonna do Kovalchuk for a goalie then there's not a ton of better options than Quick...i only expect Kovalchuk to score at a goal heavy 70 point pace when he returns...no more Point-per-game plus like in ATL as the Devils have far better secondary scoring and Kovalchuk shares the offensive workload with a superior option in Parise...definitely would do the deal especially if you pulling a hemsky for Lecavalier swap along with it

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Any other opinions guys, really on the fence here