Thread: Sturm

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Sturm

Whats his value on the LA Kings? Is he worth grabbing?

Dobber Sports Novice

That depends on your team. I picked him up. You can't go wrong with a guy that is projected to play with kopi and brown. The kings are weak on LW so he doesn't have much competition.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just as I said that he got picked up by someone else. Do you think Ponikarovsky is better then Sturm?

Dobber Sports Expert

People are jumping on this guy a little early IMHO. Expecting more than a 55-60 point pace from Sturm is unrealistic...this might even be high considering how little hockey he's played recently. Even if he gets a shot at the 1st line gig there's no guarantee he can hold it...it's been a revolving door with a lot of players over the last couple of seasons.

At best...and I stress, at best, Sturm is a 55 point player at this stage in his career. That a 0.67 PPG pace over an 82 game season. Assuming he plays roughly 55 games this season = 35-40 points for the rest of the year.

I'd be sure to check the waiver wire for more secure options before jumping on this ride.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask