Thread: Monday Nov 29th Studs & Duds

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Monday Nov 29th Studs & Duds

Studs

Kiprusoff/Hiller - Kiprusoff had a 32 save shutout over the Wild and has been excellent in the past few games for the struggling Flames. Hiller had a 27 save shutout over the Kings despite much support from the Ryan - Getlzaf - Perry line. Both earned first star of the night.

The Jam(i)es and Dallas - Jamie Benn had 1G, 1A, +1 with 2 SOG and James Neal had 2G, was +2 with 6 SOG. Together with Lehtonen's 27 saves and .964SV%, Dallas handed Carolina a solid defeat and extend their win streak. Benn now has 5 points (1 SH) and 9 shots in the past 3 games and Neal broke his 4 game pointless drought and recorded almost as many shots tonight as in that 4 game period.

The Oilers - Cogliano/Gerber - Cogliano had 1 GWG, 1A, and was +1 with 1 SOG which gives him 3 points over his last 3 games. Gerber who until this season hadn't played in the NHL since 08-09 (and posted a .905SV% with 3.23GAA) has won his second game of the year and has 2W, .952SV%, 1.5GAA and 57 saves in his last two starts. He stopped a huge Alffy SH breakaway tonight and the only goal he allowed was kicked in by Smid after a rebound.

Duds

Alexei Kovalev - Once again did not show up. 0G, 0A, 0 SOG, -2... Ouch.

Ian White - Since his trade to the 'Canes he's been playing some pretty decent hockey. Tonight he was a team worst -3 and had only 1 SOG.

Sub .900 Club - There seemed to be a theme tonight, almost every losing team had their goalie perform under .900SV%. Ward posted a .879 with 4 GA, Quick posted a .895 with 2 GA, Elliott a .875 with 3 GA, Lundqvist a .889 with 3 GA. The only losing goalies with above .900 was Theodore with a .903 and 3 GA.

There you have it! Sorry if I missed anyone, didn't get a ton of time to check out the games tonight.
    Last edited by dyzfunctioned; November 30, 2010 at 1:00 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hiller is really coming into form after a rough start and I am loving what Benn is doing recently. That what I was looking for this season when I drafted/acquired in a few leagues.

And ya... Kovalev might need a permanent spot in that dud section lol.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Kovalev

I agree with you joos on kovalev having a permanent spot. But we also can't forget his permanent spot on the studs list about once every 3 weeks, when he actually does decide to show up and play awesome.