Thread: Bogosian's value?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Bogosian's value?

What is Bogosian's value for the next two years?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Right now it's fairly low. He's not come around as fast with Ramsay on board as many had hoped...yet. He's still only 20, so there's plenty of time for him to reach his potential, so a healthy dose of patience is key here. He's got a ways to go in his development, but I think he's worth waiting on, to see what happens.

Add in the presence of Enstrom and the breakout boy Byfuglien, and he's going to be hard pressed to see time as one of the D-men in the Thrasher's top defense pairing. That is contingent on Byfuglien's breakout being the real deal, and whether or not Bogo can step up his game.

There's been a lot of hope that Craig Ramsay can be the one to help develop him, and it's still early so that hope remains. If they can coach him up, and he shows some progress in the remainder of the season, he may enter next year with a chance to compete with Buff or a spot opposite of Enstrom. Next year may be a bit of a reach, more likely the year after that, but anything is possible.

Right now in a keeper, depending on size and the number of D you have to start, I'd view him as a 3rd or 4th D at best, depending on depth of the league. If the option is there, he's definitely somebody to stash and watch and wait. If you can afford to stash him, your patience just may be well rewarded in the next couple of years.

That's just one amateur's take.

Here's a link to an expert opinion on Bogo

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...emon&Itemid=77
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depends who you talk to. When it comes to Bogo I find there's the guys that still believe in his upside and the guys who think he won't reach it anymore, especially in Atlanta.

He's absolutely phenomenal in multi-cat, but the offensive production has been slow to come and he's been injured more than most would like.

I think he has 55-60 point upside with great peripheral stats, however, he's stuck in a huge logjam in Atlanta, has been getting injured, and hasn't developed much year to year.

He's probably only a 30 point d-man with good peripherals right now, but I'd value him as a 40 point d-man with good peripherals.

Dobber Sports Icon

Another case of rushing a young defenceman. They are doing it to much in the NHL these days to among other things save $$$s.

A little more patience and perhaps a trip to the AHL would probably do wonders for his confidence.

Dobber Sports Pro

Id trade him if you can get decent value. With Buff & Enstrom logging the majority of PP (and excelling), pts will be hard to come by for a long time. 30 pts would be very optimistic.

Dobber Sports Master

Byfuglien has really hurt him. You trade him now, you're selling lower than Enron's last reported stock price. I'd advocate to hold (if you can...like if you have a deep bench) or look elsewhere if you can't. I always say trade before drop, but if you're pressed, that changes things..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Genius

His pt production will take time. I don't see how he will bump Enstrom or Buffy off the top PP unit unless the drop Buffy down infront of the net.

That being said, I like him in a keeper league... I like his long-term potential/PIM combo. But again, right now... hes at best a 4th d-man IMO. I would probably actively seek to trade him if you can't really wait for him but I would not undersell him. I would prefer to wait on him than undersell.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place