Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GMG - News Feed

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Default GMG - News Feed

So it's been a little under two weeks that the PG section has been opened up. Hope it's lived up to expectations!

As you can see things are quickly falling into place. We have our Studs & Duds, PG-13, Audits, NHL Team Coverage as well as Metaldude's Power Chords and Dean Youngblood's Tea time already set up.

In the next week expect some polls, challenges and captions to start appearing in our section. These were fan favorites during our campaign and produced many laughs, so they'll definitely make a reappearance.

~

Over the weekend I will be asking different members to do the Studs & Duds as I finish up the 6th Edition of Trade Fever. So far I have been approaching members by PM, but if you wish to attempt the S&D's, feel free to give me a shout.

I also wanted to address the fact that while I love seeing my mail box get so full, it's tough keeping up to all of them with thorough replies. That said, I'll definitely have to go back and respond to those over the weekend as well. Meaning if you did PM me in the last week, thanks for being so patient and I'll get back to you with an answer shortly. I didn't forget about you!

Finally, I personally wanted to thank everyone that's been supportive and sending their congrats & good lucks, it is very appreciated. I'm super glad to see this parade is rocking

All the best,
    GMG
    Last edited by GMGates; November 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Monster

Good stuff so far guys, thank you I am willing to chip in any help anytime. Once Thanksgiving weekend is over I will have my free time again

Dobber Sports Icon

Really enjoying the new section fellas. So far the Audits and the Studs & Duds are my favorites but the rest aren't far behind. Keep up the great work guys!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

A couple of updates Monday November 29th

PG has officially sponsored Dyzfunctioned and Shakedown's United Hockey League.

This league forming next season will have the draft, features, updates, smack talk and any other news published in our section. Praba and I invite all of the current PG writers as well as close followers to sign up for the ride, because it's going to be one intense league.

We've also have another PG sponsored challenge in terms of weekly participation that will hopefully materialize over the weekend - Waiting on confirmation. And as promised, throughout the week we'll be starting up the Polls (send in suggestions via pm) as well as "Write a Caption".

So stay tuned!

~

With praba dreadfully busy this week, I'll take over his PG-13 column and let other members show their stuff writing the Studs and Duds. Dyzfunctioned will take care of them tonight, new forum member (and cousin) Lamothe will take care of them Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday and I beleive I have Killer67 (unconfirmed) doing them Friday and Saturday.

I don't know about you guys, but I love seeing different minds doing these daily (or nightly depending on when it's posted) updates. As much as I'd like to do them every evening (and trust me, if there were more hours in a day, I would) but it's a pretty hectic time of year and everything is on the go so I'm super thankful to have guys stepping up. Note that if you are interested in writing them send me a pm and you never know when I'll contact you to try it out!

As far as Trade Fever, I really wanted to bust out the article this weekend but got box section tickets to see the Sudbury Wolves, buddy's bday and unexpected family visits etc... really kept me away from the computer this weekend. It remains at the top of my list and will get it published asap. Although I fear that the longer I make you guys wait, the more is expected from it...but that is a challenge I am definitely glad to fulfill.

All the best,
    GMG
    Gates Imbeau

Administrator

I'm really liking this. It's fun for me because I would be on the forums commenting about the Habs regardless. So having a blog section is kinda nice. I do feel the PG section is the next step for Dobberhockey. It gives dozens of long-time posters a chance to try out hockey writing and should a site writer leave Dobber has dozens to choose from as a replacement.

Nice work!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm really liking this. It's fun for me because I would be on the forums commenting about the Habs regardless. So having a blog section is kinda nice. I do feel the PG section is the next step for Dobberhockey. It gives dozens of long-time posters a chance to try out hockey writing and should a site writer leave Dobber has dozens to choose from as a replacement.

Nice work!
    Absolutely agree

It's been fun and been great to read all the new stuff now if we can just find more Blackhawk fans I'd be alot happier LOL

But yes its a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It gives dozens of long-time posters a chance to try out hockey writing and should a site writer leave Dobber has dozens to choose from as a replacement.
    There's nothing like a community effort!

The NHL sections we've got going on are doing very well, great job beat writers!

Just wanted to announce that I'll be posting the newest edition of Trade Fever at some point tomorrow. It is 97.6% done, everything is written and graphics are made. Just need to go through it one more time before I seal it up and send it to HPG.

After which I'll publish a PG-13 - unless praba is good to go.

Stay tuned!
    Gates Imbeau

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I need someone to cover pg-13 for me until I arrive back in Toronto on Dec.23rd. I thought i'd have time during exams to spend more time on this site but I pretty much can only make a few posts here and check on my pools once or twice each day.

Gates- I already know you will do a good job with pg-13, but maybe we can give someone in the community a shot? If you guys are interested, please pm me and I will select someone to fill the roll. Ideally you just need to do a pg-13 article this week and if you have time one more next week.

Dean Youngblood will be covering pg-13 until I am back in Toronto. Looking forward to it Dean!
    Last edited by JagrBomb; December 14, 2010 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Gates- I already know you will do a good job with pg-13, but maybe we can give someone in the community a shot? If you guys are interested, please pm me and I will select someone to fill the roll. Ideally you just need to do a pg-13 article this week and if you have time one more next week.

Dean Youngblood will be covering pg-13 until I am back in Toronto. Looking forward to it Dean!
    Haha if only there were 8 days in a week where one day could be dedicated to all things fantasy hockey...

That said, you made a great choice with DY and you know I'm with you 100% on the community thing.

Good luck on your exams!

GMG
    Gates Imbeau

December 19th 2011

So I myself have come to a little roadblock in terms of being able to publish the Studs & Duds on a daily basis. With the holidays quickly approaching and a new extra curricular contract, time will be limited.

That said, the Studs & Duds will sadly take a small hiatus heading into the new year. BUT even though there won't be the daily updates, I plan on touching base on other areas such as an audit or two and possibly a mail bag as well. Also, another Trade Fever influenced article is in the works and maybe even a "$" article too so stay tuned!

I'm sure this is devastating news to some, but everyone will be kept busy the next few weeks so I'm excited to cater to other aspects of the section.

Cheers!
    Gates Imbeau

Administrator

I won't be able to cover you for the next couple nights but beyond that I can have your back until after New Years if need be.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

It's been great checking out all the stuff in here. A short break from the full schedule isn't a bad thing. If you need anything let me know and I can cover here and there.

Thanks for the support guys.

While I do like the idea of touching base on the other aspects of the section that got us in - such as a a Bargain Bin article, Audit, Mail Bag and an End of week report (S&D style), if you guys want to set up something that works for the next couple of weeks, send me your available days and I'll come up with a schedule type scenario where different members can be allocated to different nights.

GMG
    Gates Imbeau

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    Thanks for the support guys.

While I do like the idea of touching base on the other aspects of the section that got us in - such as a a Bargain Bin article, Audit, Mail Bag and an End of week report (S&D style), if you guys want to set up something that works for the next couple of weeks, send me your available days and I'll come up with a schedule type scenario where different members can be allocated to different nights.

GMG
    I don't have a ton of time but whatever nights that are empty for S&D I could cover. Just notify me that day and I'll pay attention to the games going on that night...

Edit: I just need Dec 23-26 because we're doing 2 nights of having family over and then a massive hockey game the next day.
    Last edited by ericdaoust; December 21, 2010 at 1:38 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i'm back in toronto! finally done exams. expect a LOT more activity from me. it sucks because right when PG was given their own section, i was packed with midterms and then finals were right around the corner. thanks to gates and all the other writers and nhl team leaders for keeping up the fort while i was gone (we've expanded so much i cant even remember who's part of the PG team right now haha). cant wait to get back to following hockey nonstop.