Page 368 of 370 FirstFirst ... 268 318 358 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to see a coaching change or is ever happy about it, but there has to be a reason why it happens and why we're here at this point. What part of that is confusing?
    It’s not the change of coach, it’s the choice of replacement and the accompanying 2.8 year deal (IE not interim, not earned).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

At what point do they sit Bouchard? It’s not often a player can be a PPG and have his defence negatively outweigh his offence, but it’s pretty much there with him, no? He’s almost non-functional out there from the red line backwards.

Dobber Sports Titan

That 4th goal by Florida where Bouchard pinches around center ice. Man that team defense was AWFUL. So the read Bouchard did to take the body was alright (honestly it's a crosscheck though), but Connor Brown and Brett Kulak's communication on the back check was bad. They both went for the puck, then both peeled off to defend the pass. Then you look at Draisaitl's defense and his effort to the loose puck (cheating HEAVY on offense). Then Bouchard missing the rebound and takes a big turn. McDavid's defensive positioning was bad.

The issue is Bouchard isn't good defensively, but the forwards effort and positioning makes Bouchard's limitations on D much more apparent. And I think Draisaitl and McDavid's issues defensively are what they are at this point in their careers. They don't have the thinking to not cheat offensively. Drai floats a ton, McDavid doesn't see where he should be before a problem happens and he's typically behind the play by a step even with his speed.

Woodcroft saw it. If you fix the forwards issues, the defense don't scramble as much. But the forwards just couldn't do it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    At what point do they sit Bouchard? It’s not often a player can be a PPG and have his defence negatively outweigh his offence, but it’s pretty much there with him, no? He’s almost non-functional out there from the red line backwards.
    You're not wrong and it's painfully obvious to everyone.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It’s not the change of coach, it’s the choice of replacement and the accompanying 2.8 year deal (IE not interim, not earned).
    Thanks RT22 that's my thoughts. I figured they needed a stronger hand. This coaching decision was baffling. It seemed like such a Oilers move to make though. Time will tell. They have maybe 2 good D, horrible goalies, 2 superstars and 3 really good forwards. All their strength is at forward.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm pissed at Woodcroft being canned. I'm still fuming that they traded down in the 2021 Entry Draft to take Bourgault (and Luke Munchenburgerhausen with the 3rd round pick they received as the sweetener), passing on the drafts top ranked goalie in Jesper Wallstedt. I was yelling angrily at the TV when they traded down when Wallstedt was sitting there and it was their pick.

To make matters worse, the player taken immediately after (a.k.a., Oilers could have taken) Bourgault was another Center, Wyatt Johnston (6'2"), who has looked pretty good in Dallas with 14 points in 17 games. I do realize that cherry picking players like this is not predictable during the actual draft and only works in hindsight, but it doesn't make it easier to see.

Hate the old boys network. Loved them as players, but moving to the non-playing side is not something I am a fan of. Firing Woodcroft is a mistake in my books and I'm pretty confident he'll get another opportunity and knock it out of the park.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

You're not wrong and it's painfully obvious to everyone.
    Does this deficiency lead anyone to believe that he won't be in town after his bridge deal ends?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Does this deficiency lead anyone to believe that he won't be in town after his bridge deal ends?
    You would be better off trading him. Right now even with his warts. Teams would look at his pedigree, age and offensive production and give you a decent return. The thing is though if you trade him who run's the top powerplay on the team? Does it become Ekholm or Nurse? How much of a downgrade is that? Do you go 5 forwards?

Here's an armchair one for everyone. Do you trade RNH and Bouchard, and maybe a pick for Saros and Fabbro? At that point you would have 13 million in goaltenders. Maybe you need to sweeten it to trade one of them. RNH, Bouchard, Campbell and a 1st for Saros and Fabbro. They need something drastic to turn this thing around.

Dobber Sports Deity

As much as Bouchard annoys Oilers fans, I dont think they trade him. He's still so young and while his offensive game has come around, he still has lots to learn in his own end. That's coaching and so far it hasn't happened for Bouchard. I mean, never say never, and it's not like I have any idea what the GM (who ever that is today) is thinking, but I really cant see them trading Bouchard any time soon.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

As much as Bouchard annoys Oilers fans, I dont think they trade him. He's still so young and while his offensive game has come around, he still has lots to learn in his own end. That's coaching and so far it hasn't happened for Bouchard. I mean, never say never, and it's not like I have any idea what the GM (who ever that is today) is thinking, but I really cant see them trading Bouchard any time soon.
    I kind of agree with this and I think this applies to Skinner as well. They both have showed signs of being high end NHL players but the team and organization around them has let them down from a development point of view. They really need another top 4 D and a starting goalie. I am trading everything I can to get that within this window of the McDavid/Drasatil years. That means RNH, Holloway, Broberg, Bourgault, the 1st/2nds this year and next to right the ship. Who care's if you lose the deal, they need to fix this now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

McDavid and Draisaitl need to get out as soon as they can. We had a few fun years, with one nice shit kicking of the Flames in the playoffs that my son and I enjoyed in 80s style fashion. Let these guys go somewhere they can win a Cup.

Dobber Sports Pro

This transpired so long ago that you just have to chuckle about it now:

https://thehockeywriters.com/edmonto...3onaosAjHnRSHo

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    This transpired so long ago that you just have to chuckle about it now:

https://thehockeywriters.com/edmonto...3onaosAjHnRSHo
    OOOOF!

Dobber Sports Titan

Edmonton up to 63.3% probability for the playoffs. Going 14-3 would do that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Edmonton up to 63.3% probability for the playoffs. Going 14-3 would do that.
    Curious what odds you are using. Dom L and Moneypuck have them well over 80% odds now.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg