Page 364 of 371 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Agreed. I am a very disappointed skinner owner at this point ha
    Skinner and Campbell will be 1A and 1B all season long. The hot goalie will sit in the 1A spot until he is hot no longer. Could be close to a 41 game split between the two.

There is no messing around with goalie development this year, the Oilers are all in to win!

Administrator

This Skinner owner isn't sweating the Campbell pre-season push. If anything a viable Campbell helps Skinner avoid burning out. We saw last year that Campbell kept getting run, especially early, even as Skinner was establishing himself as the guy. Still think it's 50 games of Skinner, but if it's a couple less because Campbell is using a glove instead of a hula-hoop, that's OK.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...-pn9wpHxQ&s=19

Erne-d it ✔️

The #Oilers have signed forward Adam Erne to a one-year, two-way contract with an AAV of $775,000 at the NHL level.

#LetsGoOilers   
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Last night, we saw the good Jack Campbell. He was fantastic. I only wish we saw more of that on a consistent basis.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Oilers flat again tonight. Beat by a better team effort from Philly. Bouchard again looks terrible in his own end. He may have earned the PP trust, but man, hes sloppy handing the puck in his own end. Three of the goals were directly linked to his poor defensive play in his own end, including the 3rd shorty goal. Everyone will jump on Campbell and blame him but this loss was not on Campbell. Again, just poor defensive play in front of him. It's painful to watch. I dont expect Woodcroft to be on the hotseat, but something isn't right with this team early on and while the casual fan will look at the numbers and be quick to blame the goaltending, anyone who knows anything about goaltending will tell you they have not been the issue thus far. This team has not played well so far and their record shows that.

This certainly doesn't help either.

https://twitter.com/DylanRobillard_/...89437574123814

Connor McDavid did not registered a shot on goal tonight against the Flyers.

That is the first time McDavid has not registered a shot on net in 88 games.

A streak dating back to April 24, 2021 Vs CBJ

Dobber Sports Sage

Sorry, can blame me for first picking Oilers GF in the Team Total Draft we had.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree with the assessment with the goalies. They have not defended well enough, however what's more shocking to me is how the offence isn't clicking either.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

How much of the Oilers disappointing start is because of roster, coaching, or bad luck?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    How much of the Oilers disappointing start is because of roster, coaching, or bad luck?
    Isn't this par for the course... did they not start out slow the last two seasons.

And then they were one of the hottest teams the last half of the year?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    They have been getting outplayed. It's not bad luck.

Time will tell if they can right the ship but they look slow, old, boring, and mostly non-competitive.

I hope McDavid and Draisaitl leave as soon as possible and go find a Cup somewhere competent.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Isn't this par for the course... did they not start out slow the last two seasons.

And then they were one of the hottest teams the last half of the year?
    They were 7-3 the first 10 games last yr, then went 3-7 in the next 10, then went 7-3 in the next 10 to be 17-13 through the first 30.

in 2021-22 they wen 15-5 in the first 20. And in their first 30 they went 18-12

Dobber Sports Genius

It's still really early but the lack of depth is really showing. Also there team defense has been awful. Yes they have started slow in the past and picked it up, which I expect to happen but winning the division with this start and how hot Vegas has been might be already out of reach. If that's the case they will be an away team in the playoffs coming into barns (Vegas) which tend to be hard to win in.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

I read/heard they are trying to implement some new D scheme that Woodcroft has designed but so far I'd call it a massive fail.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I read/heard they are trying to implement some new D scheme that Woodcroft has designed but so far I'd call it a massive fail.
    That would at least give a reason to what's happening. There's always growing pains in new systems especially when it's a new defensive system when the team has sucked defensively in recent years.

Performing poorly with a reason is better than performing poorly without a reason I guess.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yup this is the case, at least partially. Woodcroft "committed" to being a better defensive team this year and implemented a new defensive system during the offseason. It has been a massive failure.
    Combine that with much worse, worst in the league goaltending (pick any goalie stat Oilers are bottom-3. Both Oiler goalies have worse save percentages then both Sharks goalies).

Combine that with a historically good PP coming down to earth, and a pretty good PK regressing to below average and you have well.... 2-8-1 and a -18 goal differential.
    If you want to cherry pick some positive stats they are there for cherry picking.
    Oilers are near the top in 5 v. 5 expected goals, Corsi and Fenwick ... so a small part is bad luck.

But:
    1. God awful goaltending
    2. Poor defensive play
    3. Not outscoring their problems.

If Woodcroft could scrap the entire new system and go back to exactly what the team did last year he probably would. I'm not sure you can do that effectively though.
    Further, the team is so cap constrained ($400k in cap space) that it cannot make ANY moves. Cannot move players up and down freely, no trades where they add any money, can't even get a different goalie up (both AHL goalies are playing unreal) without significant roster jostling.

Even bringing up Calvin Pickard for a game or 2 would be worth a shot but his league minimum salary of $762k means other moves need to be made
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR