Page 362 of 371 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Kostin 2.0?

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...TxxzpNpcA&s=19

The #Oilers have signed forward Adam Erne to a professional tryout agreement (PTO).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Wish they could have gotten Comtois instead. Erne's a little too long in the tooth.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Wish they could have gotten Comtois instead. Erne's a little too long in the tooth.
    Meh, only 355 GP after getting drafted in 2013. Sure, Comtois would have been a decent option too, but this could be a cheap bottom six banger. This is a better fit than Gagner or Sutter IMO.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Meh, only 355 GP after getting drafted in 2013. Sure, Comtois would have been a decent option too, but this could be a cheap bottom six banger. This is a better fit than Gagner or Sutter IMO.
    Plenty enough games to show he doesn't have upside.

Dobber Sports Deity

Plenty enough games to show he doesn't have upside.
    Upside, no. You already know what you're getting with him. Doesn't mean he's not a cheap, viable bottom six player.

Administrator

Upside, no. You already know what you're getting with him. Doesn't mean he's not a cheap, viable bottom six player.
    Right, but Klim, he is not.

Dobber Sports Deity

Right, but Klim, he is not.
    Offensively no, but this team doesn't need offense from a guy like Erne, much like they didn't need offense from Klim. He was a good fit because he brought the heavy, and that is something Erne can also do, at a much cheaper rate than what Kostin wanted/got.

Administrator

Offensively no, but this team doesn't need offense from a guy like Erne, much like they didn't need offense from Klim. He was a good fit because he brought the heavy, and that is something Erne can also do, at a much cheaper rate than what Kostin wanted/got.
    Okay, so how is he Klim 2.0?

Dobber Sports Deity

Okay, so how is he Klim 2.0?
    Both are banger/energy type of players. Neither guy was a big pro scorer, even back to the AHL time. Kostin's best season in the AHL was 30pts in 48 games. Erne's was 29 pts in 42 . In the NHL, Kostin's best year in the NHL was last year when he finally got his shot, 21pts in 57 games. Erne's best season in the NHL is 20pts in 45 games. You seem sold that Kostin has more offense to give but I'm not sure he's got much more. Maybe more upside than Erne but both pkay a similar game, and both have proved they are "ok" bottom six offensive players. One was a late 1at round pick, one 2as an early 2nd round pick.

I see a lot of similarities when comparing those two players. The biggest difference is Stevie Y overpaid for one and let a similar players walk. If Erne can come into Edmonton in a league minimum contract and can give what Kostin gave, or something close, hes a smart signing.

The Great One

Both have names that are fun to say as well.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

Both are banger/energy type of players. Neither guy was a big pro scorer, even back to the AHL time. Kostin's best season in the AHL was 30pts in 48 games. Erne's was 29 pts in 42 . In the NHL, Kostin's best year in the NHL was last year when he finally got his shot, 21pts in 57 games. Erne's best season in the NHL is 20pts in 45 games. You seem sold that Kostin has more offense to give but I'm not sure he's got much more. Maybe more upside than Erne but both pkay a similar game, and both have proved they are "ok" bottom six offensive players. One was a late 1at round pick, one 2as an early 2nd round pick.

I see a lot of similarities when comparing those two players. The biggest difference is Stevie Y overpaid for one and let a similar players walk. If Erne can come into Edmonton in a league minimum contract and can give what Kostin gave, or something close, hes a smart signing.
    Right and he's got a long track record of explicitly not producing what Kostin provided, which was depth offense. Don't look at points per game, look at points per minute. Erne's best year came with 14 minutes a night and power play time. Just not the same type of player. No offensive upside.

He's more likely than not to not even receive a contract considering the Oilers can't carry a full squad. I'm all for taking a stab and maybe they find a lineup regular but he isn't Klim and isn't all that exciting.

Dobber Sports Deity

Right and he's got a long track record of explicitly not producing what Kostin provided, which was depth offense. Don't look at points per game, look at points per minute. Erne's best year came with 14 minutes a night and power play time. Just not the same type of player. No offensive upside.

He's more likely than not to not even receive a contract considering the Oilers can't carry a full squad. I'm all for taking a stab and maybe they find a lineup regular but he isn't Klim and isn't all that exciting.
    You see what you see, I see what I see. I see Klim 2.0. You asked why I see that and I explained why. If you want to take it right down to points per minute, that's getting pretty fussy and nitpicky in my eyes as far as production goes. We can agree to disagree here. It's a generalized comparison. Again, both are banger style players with limited offensive upside and ability. I dont think either guy exceeds much more than what we've already seen from them up to this point. As Dennis Green said, "they are who we thought they were."

dennis-green-theyare-whoe-we-thought-they-were.gif

The Great One

If they had a kid you could call him Kladam Kostinerne.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Erne qualifies as a "veteran" for preseason games (min 30 games played from the previous season, 100 career games, or a 1st round pick from the previous yr), as you need a minimum of 8 veterans in every preseason game.

They signed Gagner, and Sutter to PTOs too. And the Edmonton Roster is at 22/23 with $391k over the cap. I doubt any player on a PTO gets a deal unless there's an LTIR eligible injury.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Erne qualifies as a "veteran" for preseason games (min 30 games played from the previous season, 100 career games, or a 1st round pick from the previous yr), as you need a minimum of 8 veterans in every preseason game.

They signed Gagner, and Sutter to PTOs too. And the Edmonton Roster is at 22/23 with $391k over the cap. I doubt any player on a PTO gets a deal unless there's an LTIR eligible injury.
    Maybe not, but it doesn't change my opinion on the comparison between the two players.