Page 360 of 370 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

And this is exactly why I switched from Bell Mobile to Telus a few years ago. Their entire "Let's Talk" mental health gig is such bullshit. Bell is a crappy business who treat their employees like nothing more than a resource to plunder. It's time they start seeing the consequences of their actions.

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/st...42930786541569

Holland says Oilers have qualified Ryan McLeod.
    On Klim Kostin, who has KHL options, "I have to figure it out over the next 3 or 4 days."

https://twitter.com/oilersaccess/sta...99646534320129

Daniel Nugent-Bowman reports that it's looking more likely that Klim Kostin won't be an Oiler next season. The Oilers are comfortable giving him a contract in the $1.1M-$1.5M range, but Kostin is seeking a deal that's at least $1.75M-$2M.
    Doesn't sound good for Kostin returning to Edmonton next year. I like Kostin and the energy he brings but he is not a $1.75-2M player.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

I think the Kostin drama is just posturing on both sides, they'll probably work something out closer to $1.5M.

I think his KHL rights are still owned by Avangard who haven't been spending much this offseason from what I've followed, so I'm not sure he's getting a large offer from them and his NHL QO is <$800k, so the talk from Holland about not even qualifying him seems like a load of s#%t quite frankly. Holland admittedly has a better idea of what arbitration may award Klim though than I, so that could be a legitimate worry.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think the Kostin drama is just posturing on both sides, they'll probably work something out closer to $1.5M.

I think his KHL rights are still owned by Avangard who haven't been spending much this offseason from what I've followed, so I'm not sure he's getting a large offer from them and his NHL QO is <$800k, so the talk from Holland about not even qualifying him seems like a load of s#%t quite frankly. Holland admittedly has a better idea of what arbitration may award Klim though than I, so that could be a legitimate worry.
    Hard to say how this plays out. I wont be surprised if Yamamoto is traded tonight or tomorrow at some point for a mid to late pick to clear up cap space.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

The old Holland - Detroit pipeline helping out here. Saves a buyout.

https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/st...40224284504064

Sounds like EDM will move Kailer Yamamoto to DET, per
    @FriedgeHNIC

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The old Holland - Detroit pipeline helping out here. Saves a buyout.

https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/st...40224284504064
    I'll take it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Detroit Red Wings
    @DetroitRedWings
    ·
    12m
    UPDATE: The #RedWings today have acquired F Klim Kostin and F Kailer Yamamoto form the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for future considerations.
    https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

So a straight salary dump of Yamo.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    He was getting bought out if they couldn't find a dance partner.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He was getting bought out if they couldn't find a dance partner.
    Oh agreed, I'm not mad about it. just disappointed that both Jesse P (just had double hip surgery?) and Yamo have turned into nothing.
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/DNBsports/status...xgEISmyBA&s=19

Ken Holland said Evan Bouchard and Ryan McLeod still need to take a bridge contract. He said Philip Broberg won’t be traded this summer.

Administrator

What a dick punch. I know it had to happen for cap reasons, but still stinks all the same.

Yamamoto was a rare smart Oilers pick going against type and he genuinely hit in that bottom portion of the draft where teams so often miss and while his scoring touch didn't pan out was still a very likeable player.

Kostin was a rare scrap heap bargain find for the Oilers playing a likeable rambunctious style and scoring some timely goals. They couldn't even scratch out 250K more to keep him happy.

Two young talents tossed aside for nothing because of cap missteps backwards down the line.

There's still a Cup contender going forward but bleeding talent is not good when you haven't accomplished anything. And it seems way too often the Oilers have been a team bleeding talent for nothing. A damned frustrating day.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Superstar

So with Ryan McLeod re-signed at 2 years $2.1 million per that just lives Evan Bouchard.
    According to capfriendly the Oilers have $3.509million in cap space left.

I cannot see Bouchard signing for that and cannot see the Oilers starting the season without Bouchard. So, something has to give.
    A desperate salary cap dump trade would be ideal but I just do not see that happening, if there was a trade for Foegele it would have happened by now.

So I see the Oilers starting the season with a shorter roster and doing some crazy cap gymnastics all year long to make it work. What exactly those moves look like I do not know but something like some of the ELC guys starting in the minors until their is space for a full roster is probably the outcome right?
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

I believe it is $3.509m in cap space with a 21 man roster without Bouchard right?

20 being the minimum. So if they send down 2 minimum dudes that should get it up to $5m or so
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Sage

Possibly, but pushing it really close.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    I believe it is $3.509m in cap space with a 21 man roster without Bouchard right?

20 being the minimum. So if they send down 2 minimum dudes that should get it up to $5m or so
    Something like that, yes.

I can see them signing Bouchard to a bridge deal until the cap goes up and they have some room.