Page 348 of 370 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 358 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 5549

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The NHL would definitely consider this a cap circumvention issue and punish the Oilers.
    As for this specifically, Elliotte Friedman has repeatedly said that the NHL investigates these types of hires regularly and will punish teams for cap circumvention if they even suspect there is any type of impropriety, if only people would pay any attention to what league insiders say about this type of thing.

Dobber Sports Titan

So Oilers fans actually think Keith performed above replacement level this season? That is just delightful lmao.
    Above replacement vs overperforming expectations is different technically lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

So theoretically you think a player could preform below replacement level (worse than the average #5) and still outperform expectations? TBH I don't really know how to handle that assertion lol

Dobber Sports Deity

So theoretically you think a player could preform below replacement level (worse than the average #5) and still outperform expectations? TBH I don't really know how to handle that assertion lol
    Considering your primary goal is to come to this thread with a disdained bias against the Oilers, it's hard to take your "opinion" seriously when it's negative.

If I click new posts, and see you're the last post in this thread, I already know it's negative before I even open it. You haven't let me down yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

A 7th round pick performing in the AHL is above expectations, but below replacement level in the NHL. It's a pretty obvious potential situation and an obvious tongue in cheek joke about Keith having pretty low expectations this yr.

Expecting to get 0/10 on a test but getting 3/10 is performing above expectations, but if the class avg 7/10 then you're performing below replacement level
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Yea, too bad. If only there was some way to remove those biases

Dom Keith.png Keith.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Dom Keith.png Keith.jpg
    See, it happened again. I click new posts, you're name is there and it's negative. You're consistent if you're anything LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dom Keith.png Keith.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    See, it happened again. I click new posts, you're name is there and it's negative. You're consistent if you're anything LOL!
    I didn’t post anything negative. I posted charts. That’s just data. That you took them to be negative says all it needs to though.

Data is inherently neither negative nor positive. It’s data, that’s all it is.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I want to see John Gibson to EDM and something like Holloway+ to Anaheim.

Makes sense.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Maisson View Post
    I want to see John Gibson to EDM and something like Holloway+ to Anaheim.

Makes sense.
    The "+" would have to be a roster player with a decent salary if EDM is going to afford Gibson. That or ANA would have to retain salary. Either way, money has to go back to Anaheim for this to work.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The "+" would have to be a roster player with a decent salary if EDM is going to afford Gibson. That or ANA would have to retain salary. Either way, money has to go back to Anaheim for this to work.
    Holloway + Barrie for Gibson

Holland badly needs a goalie….
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

The Great One

Holland should not be making any of these deals. He should be fired. He should be fired for entering this season with Smith and Koskinen as his goalies. He should be fired for entering the playoffs with Smith and Koskinen as his goalies. If he is not fired it seems the Oilers are still in trouble. He is not a good GM. Far more misses than hits.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Holland should not be making any of these deals. He should be fired. He should be fired for entering this season with Smith and Koskinen as his goalies. He should be fired for entering the playoffs with Smith and Koskinen as his goalies. If he is not fired it seems the Oilers are still in trouble. He is not a good GM. Far more misses than hits.
    Very glad you're not in charge.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm pretty uncomfortable with Gibson. He's really not played well the past few years. I'd like to blame it on the coaching there, but ... giving up some quality assets for him seems really risky. His contract is also a huge risk.

I'd rather just pay Husso instead and keep the assets. (I guess the team would need to move someone else in a trade depending on what happens with Keith as well)

The list of available goaltenders is pretty weak, so I am guessing the team is going to need to hope Skinner is ready for more starts.

We'll see what happens.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm pretty uncomfortable with Gibson. He's really not played well the past few years. I'd like to blame it on the coaching there, but ... giving up some quality assets for him seems really risky. His contract is also a huge risk.

I'd rather just pay Husso instead and keep the assets. (I guess the team would need to move someone else in a trade depending on what happens with Keith as well)

The list of available goaltenders is pretty weak, so I am guessing the team is going to need to hope Skinner is ready for more starts.

We'll see what happens.
    Me too, but you're also assuming the Oilers can attract FAs to sign here, which always isn't easy. Some times the easiest way is via trade.