Page 339 of 371 FirstFirst ... 239 289 329 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 349 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's going to be an interesting trade deadline for Holland that's for sure. He's pretty frugal when it comes to trading picks it seems. If he can get a goalie for 2022-23 season and he's the GM at that time, it could all work itself out.
    I doubt he gets any of the names I just mentioned at the trade deadline. I mean, never say never, but I dont see it. All he'll get at the trade deadline is a change in nets, not an upgrade. Who knows, maybe that could be more than expected but anyone realistic knows it won't be an upgrade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I doubt he gets any of the names I just mentioned at the trade deadline. I mean, never say never, but I dont see it. All he'll get at the trade deadline is a change in nets, not an upgrade. Who knows, maybe that could be more than expected but anyone realistic knows it won't be an upgrade.
    Ya I meant if he can get stuff this trade deadline that keeps him in power for 2022 Free Agency to get those goalies, the problems might sort itself out. Getting a goalie that can cover up some of the defensive mistakes would make Holland look like a genius.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

If Holland does nothing for a goalie this year and the Oilers miss the playoffs, Holland will no longer be the GM.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya I meant if he can get stuff this trade deadline that keeps him in power for 2022 Free Agency to get those goalies, the problems might sort itself out. Getting a goalie that can cover up some of the defensive mistakes would make Holland look like a genius.

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.
    Lol ya I might have overstepped in this large hypothetical lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

I don’t know that the oilers can wait until the off-season to try and upgrade at goalie, price be dammed. It may have been cheaper last summer, even if Holland didn’t like the prices then… he won’t love them at the deadline when teams know he’s desperate. I think he’s gonna have to overpay to get one, which, goalies being what they are in terms of volatility..is never a good strategy, but at this point, not much choice if the season goes any more off the rails.

It would likely be prudent to wait, but I don’t know how far prudence gets you with this group. I.e. prudence to gain what….?

Dobber Sports Initiate

It be a good start to inquire in Chicago about a certain elite goalie.

Dobber Sports Star

i agree most of the goalies available are lateral moves at best. say a good goalie is actually available, are we even sure a good goalie will even save the oilers this season? unsustainable advanced metrics relying on elite goaltending to steal games is not a recipe for long-term success
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I don’t know that the oilers can wait until the off-season to try and upgrade at goalie, price be dammed. It may have been cheaper last summer, even if Holland didn’t like the prices then… he won’t love them at the deadline when teams know he’s desperate. I think he’s gonna have to overpay to get one, which, goalies being what they are in terms of volatility..is never a good strategy, but at this point, not much choice if the season goes any more off the rails.

It would likely be prudent to wait, but I don’t know how far prudence gets you with this group. I.e. prudence to gain what….?
    The problem lies with teams willing to part with their goalies mid-season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    It be a good start to inquire in Chicago about a certain elite goalie.
    You're assuming Edmonton ISN'T on his limited NTC. That's rarely the case. Not just Edmonton, but most, if not all Canadian cities.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sure but im sure if he had a chance at a cup he would be going to even edmonton.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Sure but im sure if he had a chance at a cup he would be going to even edmonton.
    Hard to say. Sometimes winning a Cup to someone who already has a couple isn't as important as quality of life at this stage in his career. We're both just assuming we have any idea what's going on in his head. If the choice came down to him going to Edmonton or Washington (another team rumored to be in on MAF), where do you think he'd choose?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sure he may have other options but Im willing to bet he waives his NMC to go to playoffs and have a shot

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hard to say. Sometimes winning a Cup to someone who already has a couple isn't as important as quality of life at this stage in his career. We're both just assuming we have any idea what's going on in his head. If the choice came down to him going to Edmonton or Washington (another team rumored to be in on MAF), where do you think he'd choose?
    Widely reported he won't go to Washington because of his history with Pittsburgh. That could change, but that's where it is at right now.

MAF has an expiring contract and Edmonton has 2 of the best players of the world. If Fleury chooses to not move his NMC and stay in Chicago, that should be mildly concerning for Edmonton fans that they can't convince him to change his mind. If Fleury moves his NMC and chooses somewhere over Edmonton, that should be extremely concerning for Edmonton fans.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Widely reported he won't go to Washington because of his history with Pittsburgh. That could change, but that's where it is at right now.

MAF has an expiring contract and Edmonton has 2 of the best players of the world. If Fleury chooses to not move his NMC and stay in Chicago, that should be mildly concerning for Edmonton fans that they can't convince him to change his mind. If Fleury moves his NMC and chooses somewhere over Edmonton, that should be extremely concerning for Edmonton fans.
    I wont speak for all Edmonton fans, but for me, I am not concerned if MAF doesn't want to come to Edmonton. That's his right as per his contract. I have no doubt the price for MAF would be high and I do not want to overpay for a guy who's the age of Fleury on an expiring contract. I'd rather overpay for someone who's got a potential future with the club. At 38 years of age, he could decide to retire after this year.

Do you really think MAF is the missing piece for Edmonton to make a serious run at the Cup? He'd certainly be a big piece, but is he enough when you consider what it's likely to cost to acquire him. Holland has already said he wont overpay for a rental. I don't blame him.

Dobber Sports Icon

Oilers lines at their morning skate today:

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
    Kane-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
    Foegele-RNH-Ryan
    Benson-McLeod-Shore

Nurse-Bouchard
    Lagesson-Ceci
    Niemelainen-Barrie