Page 331 of 370 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 341 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

The Great One

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Had they paid Markstrom the hockey-verse would have shut up by now because he would have done for Edmonton what he has done for Calgary. Kuemper was not the answer I agree and Colorado is already having buyers remorse. There were other options too and Holland didn’t prioritize it. I don’t know why you’re getting shitty and calling me Sherlock when you keep half ass defending the Oilers goalies with this game stealing talk. I’m not an Oilers fan but I like the team and it pisses me off that McDavid et all have not been given a major part of the support they need to move forward. There’s nothing I’d like to see more than a deep run by this group. They are fun to watch. And Holland is f’ing it away.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Markstrom didn't go to Edmonton because the original offer wasn't a "long term" deal as it was against the Oilers team philosophy. Same with Tanev. By the time they made the choice to go against their philosophy for them, both had moved on from the Oilers.

---EDIT----

NEVERMIND THIS WAS THE CANUCKS I'M THINKING OF
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Had they paid Markstrom the hockey-verse would have shut up by now because he would have done for Edmonton what he has done for Calgary. Kuemper was not the answer I agree and Colorado is already having buyers remorse. There were other options too and Holland didn’t prioritize it. I don’t know why you’re getting shitty and calling me Sherlock when you keep half ass defending the Oilers goalies with this game stealing talk. I’m not an Oilers fan but I like the team and it pisses me off that McDavid et all have not been given a major part of the support they need to move forward. There’s nothing I’d like to see more than a deep run by this group. They are fun to watch. And Holland is f’ing it away.
    I called you Sherlock because you're telling Oilers fans (and haters) nothing we don't already know. Ever heard the saying "no $hit, Sherlock"?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I get the reference, MOTO…just wondering why you’re so touchy about it.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    We don't care for your brand of negativity. Most of us DO give a shit but are also able to keep things in perspective. If an Oiler losing streak is the worst thing happening in your life, consider yourself fortunate and just move along.
    God forbid a fan get pissed off about their team sucking for DECADES. Get off your high horse and go jump in a lake.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    At one point, he was stealing games. No one should argue that point. I don't think many were expecting him to carry the team the whole year.
    Not a single person believed this, and every single Oilers fan I know was simply enjoying the ride at the time. Thank you for being the levelheaded person to my emotional self. I am so tired of this year after year and get annoyed that they can't just put it together even with two of the best players in the league on the team.

The trolls that come into this thread to just piss people off with random comments are so tiresome.

- - - Updated - - -

I don;t believe this for a single second.

Dobber Sports Deity

I get the reference, MOTO…just wondering why you’re so touchy about it.
    Do you really need to ask an Oilers fan why they're touchy? Is this a serious question?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Given the last couple of posts, I suppose not. Point well made Axe. And for the record, I would like to see McDavid and this team make a run. I’m not an Oilers hater.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So not only does the coach have to get fired but also the GM, the president, and new ownership is needed. This is definitely a rational assessment of steps to take to get out of a losing streak.
    If you've watched what has happened to the Oilers under the Katz ownership group, I'm not sure how you can reach any other conclusion than the owner causes a lot of problems.

If you think the on-ice product overseen by Nicholson since 2014 is acceptable, I dunno what to tell you.

If you think the job Ken Holland has done the last 2.5 years is acceptable, I dunno what to tell you.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Let’s wait and see what this team will look like when they are healthy again. Can’t be worse than what is going on presently but grain of salt here. As an Oiler fan, I am a bit concerned about the goaltending although Smith wasn’t to blame last night.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Get off your high horse and go jump in a lake.
    Sounds like you are the one that needs to cool off and go jump in that lake. Don't come on the internet and get upset when people call you out for a bad attitude.

The Great One

Lets all go take a polar bear plunge!!
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

Lets all go take a polar bear plunge!!
    Lot of people in Edmonton clearly going mad with cabin fever. Weather has been brutal for at least 2 weeks now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sounds like you are the one that needs to cool off and go jump in that lake. Don't come on the internet and get upset when people call you out for a bad attitude.
    Nope. I have emotions. I am not a robot. Don't come on the internet and tell me how I am supposed to feel.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Let’s wait and see what this team will look like when they are healthy again. Can’t be worse than what is going on presently but grain of salt here. As an Oiler fan, I am a bit concerned about the goaltending although Smith wasn’t to blame last night.
    Smith didn't play great last night. He made some good saves, but much like Koskinen prior, some of those goals weren't great. Flukey maybe, but not great.