Page 330 of 371 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 340 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I wonder what I should buy with the money I was planning to spend on playoff tickets?!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I wonder what I should buy with the money I was planning to spend on playoff tickets?!
    Spend it on faster internet so you get your whining and complaining posted to the forum quicker!

The Great One

Maybe buy a couple of jerseys to take to a game and throw on the ice.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Beer. Can never go wrong with a good beer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Great put. Solves all kinds of problems.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Spend it on faster internet so you get your whining and complaining posted to the forum quicker!
    Yeah, you loving this massive losing streak and total incompetence by the team? Gets ya up in the morning does it? Enjoying yet another total Oilers meltdown. If you're not completely frustrated with what's happened YET AGAIN with this team then I question if you give a shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally some helpful advice! (And I don't even like beer)

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, you loving this massive losing streak and total incompetence by the team? Gets ya up in the morning does it? Enjoying yet another total Oilers meltdown. If you're not completely frustrated with what's happened YET AGAIN with this team then I question if you give a shit.

- - - Updated - - -
    We don't care for your brand of negativity. Most of us DO give a shit but are also able to keep things in perspective. If an Oiler losing streak is the worst thing happening in your life, consider yourself fortunate and just move along.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I feel like I wouldn't have to go back more than a couple pages to find posts crowing about the Koskinen revival fixing Edmonton's goaltending and "this is finally the year" posts. How delightful.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I feel like I wouldn't have to go back more than a couple pages to find posts crowing about the Koskinen revival fixing Edmonton's goaltending and "this is finally the year" posts. How delightful.
    At one point, he was stealing games. No one should argue that point. I don't think many were expecting him to carry the team the whole year.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

How many straight losses is that for Tippett now?

Puljujarvi - 13:15

The Oilers are missing 2 of their top 6 forwards and their 2nd best forward in the lineup played his lowest amount since November 24th.

The Oilers have 1 game in the next 12 days. If they don't make massive changes before the weekend, their playoff hopes are gone. Ideally, Katz sells the team but that's not likely to happen so they should start at the next highest rung and get rid of Nicholson who was responsible for both Chiarelli and Holland. Then they can get rid of Holland who was responsible for spending $23,000,000 this summer and not improving the team at all. Then they can get rid of Tippett who has lost touch with reality and has no idea who his best players are or how to use a lineup.

Hire the best person for the job and not someone who was good 20 years ago.

The Great One

At one point, he was stealing games. No one should argue that point. I don't think many were expecting him to carry the team the whole year.
    Are we talking about Koskinen or Smith?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Are we talking about Koskinen or Smith?
    If you were paying attention, you'd know the answer to this question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

The Oilers are missing 2 of their top 6 forwards and their 2nd best forward in the lineup played his lowest amount since November 24th.

The Oilers have 1 game in the next 12 days. If they don't make massive changes before the weekend, their playoff hopes are gone. Ideally, Katz sells the team but that's not likely to happen so they should start at the next highest rung and get rid of Nicholson who was responsible for both Chiarelli and Holland. Then they can get rid of Holland who was responsible for spending $23,000,000 this summer and not improving the team at all. Then they can get rid of Tippett who has lost touch with reality and has no idea who his best players are or how to use a lineup.

I am just curious, are you an Oilers fan, or just here to fan the Flames (pun intended)?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

So not only does the coach have to get fired but also the GM, the president, and new ownership is needed. This is definitely a rational assessment of steps to take to get out of a losing streak.

The Great One

If you were paying attention, you'd know the answer to this question.
    Yes. It was a joke. The whole “goalie x was above average…goalie x was stealing games for us..”
    SSDG

What Holland has done with this team’s goaltending is indefensible. This team has issues but many of them are minor. They have two of the best players in the league. Look at the gaping talent holes Carey Price papered over last season in Montreal - that team went to the cup final ffs. To go into this season with Smith and Koksinen is an abject failure. I don’t care how above average they were at times or what games they stole. This team deserved better in net this off season. And it didn’t happen. Here we are.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yes. It was a joke. The whole “goalie x was above average…goalie x was stealing games for us..”
    SSDG

What Holland has done with this team’s goaltending is indefensible. This team has issues but many of them are minor. They have two of the best players in the league. Look at the gaping talent holes Carey Price papered over last season in Montreal - that team went to the cup final ffs. To go into this season with Smith and Koksinen is an abject failure. I don’t care how above average they were at times or what games they stole. This team deserved better in net this off season. And it didn’t happen. Here we are.
    I dont think you'll find an Oilers fan who doesn't agree with you that the goaltending has been a sore spot for some time now. Tell us something we don't know Sherlock. If you believe the "rumors", it's not like Holland hasn't tried to improve it. He was in on both Kuemper and Markstrom. If Holland had paid what Colorado did for Kuemper (quality D prospect, 1st and conditional 3rd), the hockey-verse would have been saying they overpaid for one year of Kuemper (he's a UFA at seasons end). If he had given the term to Markstrom that Calgary did, the hockey-verse would have said they gave too much term and overpaid for him. It's a no win situation.

Personally, at this point, I'd rather watch Holland overpay for a long term solution/upgrade and just get past it and deal with the criticism by winning games, but here we are. You can criticize Holland for not getting it done, but it's not like he's just ignoring the situation. The attempts have been there to upgrade. It just hasnt happened yet.