Page 314 of 371 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 324 364 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    This is not true at all. In an interview a few days before the Keith trade, Larsson said that he loves the Oilers/Edmonton and wants to stay. All the reporters were saying that the contract extension was pretty much done. Then Holland traded for Keith and the rumors changed to Larsson wants to explore other options and then Larsson signs with Seattle. The loss of Larsson is directly Holland's fault based on that.

Yea, I'm not sure if the rumours that the extension had been agreed upon are true. But if they are and Holland wouldn't put pen to paper until after expansion then this was 100% on Ken Holland.

Dobber Sports Deity

This is not true at all. In an interview a few days before the Keith trade, Larsson said that he loves the Oilers/Edmonton and wants to stay. All the reporters were saying that the contract extension was pretty much done. Then Holland traded for Keith and the rumors changed to Larsson wants to explore other options and then Larsson signs with Seattle. The loss of Larsson is directly Holland's fault based on that.
    Of course he's going to say that. When have you ever heard a player crap on the team they are currently with and say they arent happy where they are? None of us know where his head was and he's certainly not going to share it with the media.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Of course he's going to say that. When have you ever heard a player crap on the team they are currently with and say they arent happy where they are? None of us know where his head was and he's certainly not going to share it with the media.
    Well within the last year Eichel, Tarasenko, Laine, DuBois…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Well within the last year Eichel, Tarasenko, Laine, DuBois…
    I'll give you Laine and Dubois.

I dont think Tarasenko has sat at a podium with a microphone in his face like Larsson was and criticized his team or publicly requested a trade. Those are just rumors as far as I know. Eichel has yet to request a trade and has only been unhappy with the way the team has handled his surgery. He has yet to say he doesn't want to be in Buffalo that I know.

Point being, it's rare.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Mike Smith has officially been signed to a 2.2mill/yr 2yr deal

Salary:
    2021-22: 1.9m
    2022-23: 2.5m
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/nhlupdate/status...59356563349506

#Oilers will "probably" not qualify Dominik Kahun or Jujhar Khaira, making them UFAs on July 28.

Dobber Sports Icon

So the Oilers could have had Gostisbehere and a draft pick for nothing but instead they gave up Caleb Jones and a 3rd for Duncan Keith?

And Ken Holland is the highest paid GM in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Titan

So the Oilers could have had Gostisbehere and a draft pick for nothing but instead they gave up Caleb Jones and a 3rd for Duncan Keith?

Imagine trading for Ghost plus the picks, then flipping the picks for Nedeljkovic and getting Ned+ghost for the pretty much less than what Keith+Smith went for.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Man, you've really got to let the whole Duncan Keith thing go. It's in the past. Time to move on instead of looking at every trade and saying "they could have had such and such...". To be honest, as much as I hate Duncan Keith, I'd take him over Gostisbehere any day of the week. Both have two years left and both have bad contracts but Duncan Keith is a much better Dman than Gostisbehere, and thats saying something because Keith isn't that good.

The Great One

I sure hope Holland is paying attention to the deal the Rangers just gave Goodrow. That's an appropriate contract for Hyman...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have no idea what they are doing? How is the roster going to be better than last year?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I have no idea what they are doing? How is the roster going to be better than last year?
    Well considering the off-season has just begun, its a bit early to really answer your question today. Ask this again in a couple months.

Dobber Sports All-Star

If you dont think McDavid is being consulted on most of these deals, you are wrong. I have no doubt the Keith trade was discussed and his input was heard. Holland has already admitted to this.
    Im sure he’s in on these moves which still worries me. Double yikes.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

Man, you've really got to let the whole Duncan Keith thing go. It's in the past. Time to move on instead of looking at every trade and saying "they could have had such and such...". To be honest, as much as I hate Duncan Keith, I'd take him over Gostisbehere any day of the week. Both have two years left and both have bad contracts but Duncan Keith is a much better Dman than Gostisbehere, and thats saying something because Keith isn't that good.
    Let's review Holland's trades: assets received for assets traded

Keith for Jones and a 3rd
    Kulikov for a 4th - in a year where Holland said the Oilers were not "going for it" then does not try to re-sign Kulikov
    Picks 100 + 126 for 76
    nothing for Joel Persson
    Tyler Ennis for 5th round pick - Tyler Ennis is then a healthy scratch in half of their playoff games
    Athanasiou and Kuffner for Sam Gagner ($315k retained), pick 45 in 2020, pick 52 in 2021 - Athanasiou is then not qualified and walks as a UFA, Kuffner was also not qualified and became a UFA
    Mike Green for Kyle Brodziak and pick 107 in 2020 - Green then retires after playing 2 games for the Oilers
    Pick 186 in 2021 for John Marino
    Neal for Lucic and a conditional 3rd round pick where the condition was not met but Holland let the NHL make him move the pick to Calgary anyway

And you want me to let the Duncan Keith thing go. It is time to move on but not from the Keith trade but from Ken Holland as the GM of the Edmonton Oilers.

Also, by what metric are you saying that Duncan Keith is a better dman than Shayne Gostisbehere? I don't see anything that agrees with this statement. https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...-2021%3AR%3A99

Dobber Sports Deity

Let's review Holland's trades: assets received for assets traded

Keith for Jones and a 3rd
    Kulikov for a 4th - in a year where Holland said the Oilers were not "going for it" then does not try to re-sign Kulikov
    Picks 100 + 126 for 76
    nothing for Joel Persson
    Tyler Ennis for 5th round pick - Tyler Ennis is then a healthy scratch in half of their playoff games
    Athanasiou and Kuffner for Sam Gagner ($315k retained), pick 45 in 2020, pick 52 in 2021 - Athanasiou is then not qualified and walks as a UFA, Kuffner was also not qualified and became a UFA
    Mike Green for Kyle Brodziak and pick 107 in 2020 - Green then retires after playing 2 games for the Oilers
    Pick 186 in 2021 for John Marino
    Neal for Lucic and a conditional 3rd round pick where the condition was not met but Holland let the NHL make him move the pick to Calgary anyway

And you want me to let the Duncan Keith thing go. It is time to move on but not from the Keith trade but from Ken Holland as the GM of the Edmonton Oilers.

Also, by what metric are you saying that Duncan Keith is a better dman than Shayne Gostisbehere? I don't see anything that agrees with this statement. https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...-2021%3AR%3A99
    LOL! You seem to be taking this quite personal. You really need to relax a little. Go get some fresh air or something. Have an ice cream.

And yes, the good ole eye test tells me Keith is better than Gostisbehere. It's easy for Ghost to put up better numbers when he spends most of his time in the press box watching games where as Keith is still out there playing 20+ mins a night in the #1 role, a spot he has no business being at this point. Listen, I dont need to look at analytics to know both are not great Dmen at this stage of their careers but I would definitely want Keith in that dressing room and on the ice compared to Gostisbehere. If you disagree, that's your right.

Beer is good.