Page 313 of 371 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 323 363 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Can the Oilers fire Ken Holland or is it already too late?

How do you give up TWO ASSETS for a 38 year old who was one of the worst dmen in the NHL the past two seasons who has a salary cap of over $5M for the next two seasons? The deal should have been Keith PLUS TWO Assets to Edmonton for future considerations (ie nothing!).
    Hard to argue with this.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I remember when Chia was finally the adult in the room that was going to start making smart moves for Edmonton.

I remember when Holland was finally the adult in the room that was going to start making smarter moves for Edmonton.

Just incredible content every summer.

Dobber Sports Deity

I've got to get off twitter for a bit. The Oilers rumors are going to drive me to drink even more than I do now. Some brutal rumors if some of them are true, especially Hyman in a possible sign and trade deal. Sweet Jesus, I hope that one isn't true.

Holland is quickly losing the faith from Oiler faithful.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've got to get off twitter for a bit. The Oilers rumors are going to drive me to drink even more than I do now. Some brutal rumors if some of them are true, especially Hyman in a possible sign and trade deal. Sweet Jesus, I hope that one isn't true.

Any potential Hyman signing has me worried the most. If it happens I'd be very surprised if the money and term makes any sense past year 3.

The Great One

They’re going for 8! What could possibly go wrong?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    They’re going for 8! What could possibly go wrong?

Plus, they'd have to give up something to get that 8th year on his contract.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Current speculation is the Oilers giving Hyman 8 years, trading an asset to do so, then signing Barrie for $5M/year and trading Bear. I love this team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

After losing Larsson, I'm wavering a little. I still want to see how it all plays out and what the team looks like after the draft and opening of free agency.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

Wow, how many more years before McDavid can leave? Mr. Holland, wake the **** up.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    After losing Larsson, I'm wavering a little. I still want to see how it all plays out and what the team looks like after the draft and opening of free agency.
    What exactly are you waiting for? Dave Tippett is still the coach, Ken Holland is still the GM, Bob Nichols is still the man in charge and Darryl Katz is still the owner. Those are the four biggest problems with the Oilers right now and none of them are going anywhere before it's too late (if it's not already too late).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Current speculation is the Oilers giving Hyman 8 years, trading an asset to do so, then signing Barrie for $5M/year and trading Bear. I love this team.
    Those are all legit rumors. That being said, they are just rumors right now, and you didnt mention the rumored return for Bear, which has been rumored to be Merzlikins (maybe you didnt hear that, I dont know). Is that enough rumors in one sentence for you LOL!! IF that were to happen, that would be a good move, and probably one of the better ones he's made this off-season. Again, these are all rumors for now so we'll see. Im not jumping anywhere until the summer is over and it all plays out.

Giving Hyman an 8yr deal is asininely asinine. I dont even like 7 yrs but it is silly season, and someone is going to give it to him so hell, it might as well be Holland and the Oilers LOL! I didnt like the term much for RNH but I can understand why it happened. Doing it for Hyman is just headscratching. Losing Larsson was out of his control if Larsson wanted to go elsewhere. I cant blame Holland for that. What he does to replace him will be on him. I liked what Barrie did last year, but it was time to hand the torch to Bouchard this year. I not naive enough to expect Bouchard to come in and produce at the same rate that Barrie did but he has to get the time and bringing back Barrie (again, assuming this happens) just doesn't make sense when you have the future offensive RHS Dman already in the stable on a bargain contract. All this would do is block Bouchard again. Trading Bear wouldn't break my heart. He appears to be an analytic sweetheart, but watching him on the ice I dont see it. If we were to move Bear and get back Elvis, that would be a solid "get" in my opinion. Either way, the loss of Larsson, even if they dont trade Bear, leaves a big hole on that right side. Craig Button said it best on TSN, if the Oilers go into next season with Barrie, Bouchard and Bear on the right side, that team is in a LOT of trouble defensively. There has to be other moves to be made to shore up that team defensively. Nurse can only do so much.

Hang on to your hat Oiler fans (I could care less what the non Oiler fans think/say). It looks like some potholes are coming up in the road.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Wow, how many more years before McDavid can leave? Mr. Holland, wake the **** up.
    If you dont think McDavid is being consulted on most of these deals, you are wrong. I have no doubt the Keith trade was discussed and his input was heard. Holland has already admitted to this.

Dobber Sports Titan

I saw 8 or 7 yrs at ~40mill. So 5-6/yr.

Hyman is worth 5mill I think, he is not worth that term at all. But Holland is clearly going with the approach "I won't be hear to deal with it if it turns bad".

Lets be honest, Holland has 2-3yrs at the helm. He's signing and making deals for that window.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

CHris Johnston said that Hyman would be offered an 8yr a shade under the 5.125AAV RNH got, or a 7yr closer to 5.5m
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Losing Larsson was out of his control if Larsson wanted to go elsewhere. I cant blame Holland for that. .
    This is not true at all. In an interview a few days before the Keith trade, Larsson said that he loves the Oilers/Edmonton and wants to stay. All the reporters were saying that the contract extension was pretty much done. Then Holland traded for Keith and the rumors changed to Larsson wants to explore other options and then Larsson signs with Seattle. The loss of Larsson is directly Holland's fault based on that.