Page 246 of 370 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 256 296 346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Gotcha and yes, you are correct he has no hockey title with the Oil.
    Yes, thanks for correcting that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Still lots of issues with this club...but this is the first thing I've been happy about (as an Oiler fan) in a long time. I can't honestly think of anyone in the hockey world who has deserved to be fired more than Chiarelli, and that is saying something.

I can't think of a single thing he did while GM that was a positive move. Whether it was RFA signings, UFA signings, or trades, every single move Chiarelli made while GM was an utter failure. I won't even bother mentioning the failed or poor draft choices that were made while he was in charge. It is easy to blame those decisions on the scouting staff, but ultimately as GM he must have had final say, so I blame him for those mistakes too.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports All-Star

There is a lot of luck in winning it all or just failing as an organization. For all the good luck the Oilers have had when it comes to the draft, they should be serious Cup contenders by now, but they have had bad luck with their draft winfall, except for McDavid which was a no brainer, Draisaitl, and HALL. How you trade a franchise player like Hall for a mediocre defenceman is beyond idiotic and totally incompetent and is the main reason the Oilers are where they are. There is no way Chirelli was alone in this decision so the blame has to be spread around.

I don't know where this organization goes from here, but there is irreparable damage done here that could take years to fix unfortunatly.

The Great One

Not to rub it in, but I'd like to see a list of all the moves (trades, signings, etc.) that Chiarelli made while GM of the Oilers. I mean, we can always send that off to Chiarelli so he can pad his resume while applying for his next job.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Not to rub it in, but I'd like to see a list of all the moves (trades, signings, etc.) that Chiarelli made while GM of the Oilers. I mean, we can always send that off to Chiarelli so he can pad his resume while applying for his next job.
    You can find plenty of those online. I can't stand to look at another one.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    You can find plenty of those online. I can't stand to look at another one.
    oh man...I just found one. This one listed 10 good moves and 10 bad moves. Unfortunately, even the good moves listed weren't really all that good. For instance, signing Draisaitl was a good move, but I still feel it was about $1.5 million too much per year. Signing McDavid was a good move, but he hardly deserved credit was something so obvious and simple to do. Perhaps the best thing he did was sign Klefbom and Nurse to reasonable deals. I'll give him that.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Expert

Sekera was assigned to Bakersfield today for a conditioning stint. I'm not sure how much cap room they must clear when he returns to Edmonton (I had read $1.2M somewhere but that could be wrong) but burying Manning alone wouldn't do it. I wonder if they just waive Talbot and hope someone snaps him up. I'd think if teams were offering anything he would've been moved by now.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Sekera was assigned to Bakersfield today for a conditioning stint. I'm not sure how much cap room they must clear when he returns to Edmonton (I had read $1.2M somewhere but that could be wrong) but burying Manning alone wouldn't do it. I wonder if they just waive Talbot and hope someone snaps him up. I'd think if teams were offering anything he would've been moved by now.
    Yeah, I'm not sure how to calculate all that. They will have 14 days to sort it all out, and that assumes all goes well with this conditioning assignment.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure how to calculate all that. They will have 14 days to sort it all out, and that assumes all goes well with this conditioning assignment.
    A conditioning loan cannot exceed 6 days and 3 games. If that is deemed to be not enough time to evaluate the player's fitness to pay, the club may file a written request with the Commissioner's Office to extend the loan for 2 additional games.

Shockingly, the Condors play exactly 3 times in the next 6 days. They then have one day off before playing in back to back games. This means that the conditioning loan will end no later than Feb 17th. This DOES NOT mean that Sekera will have to be activated from the LTIR on that date but he will need to return from Bakersfield (assuming the Oilers apply for and receive the two game extension).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I dunno where you’re getting your info but a conditioning stint can last 14 days. I mean, Cory Schneider was just on one for 14 days.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    A conditioning loan cannot exceed 6 days and 3 games. If that is deemed to be not enough time to evaluate the player's fitness to pay, the club may file a written request with the Commissioner's Office to extend the loan for 2 additional games.

Shockingly, the Condors play exactly 3 times in the next 6 days. They then have one day off before playing in back to back games. This means that the conditioning loan will end no later than Feb 17th. This DOES NOT mean that Sekera will have to be activated from the LTIR on that date but he will need to return from Bakersfield (assuming the Oilers apply for and receive the two game extension).
    I see now this is correct. They went for LTIR loan, instead of gaining the player's permission and going for the longer loan.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I dunno where you’re getting your info but a conditioning stint can last 14 days. I mean, Cory Schneider was just on one for 14 days.
    Perhaps NJ submitted a written request to extend it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

At what point does McDavid ask for a trade? This team is such a tire fire at both ends of the ice and tonight I felt for Talbot...

The 4th goal was interference to me, though. Saad was all up in his legs and pads.

Wow things are bad. Sorry Oil fans. I feel for ya.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

At what point does McDavid ask for a trade? This team is such a tire fire at both ends of the ice and tonight I felt for Talbot...

The 4th goal was interference to me, though. Saad was all up in his legs and pads.

It's tough to watch. But I think we're a few more years away of this type of bad before he asks for a trade. Everything he says and does shows he's bound and determined to pull this team out of the gutter, hopefully it doesn't take several years...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports All-Star

It really is sad. No sense talking about Sekera or any other injury at this point. What a disaster!

I doubt McD will ask for a trade for a least 2 more years, and probably will if this continues for that long. This team needs an autopsy to figure out what's wrong.