Page 245 of 371 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 255 295 345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Good thing they let him negotiate that Koskinen extension

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Good thing they let him negotiate that Koskinen extension
    I wonder how involved he actually was in that. As I discussed earlier in the thread, I don't hate the contract. I just fear that circus is far from over if you can make a commitment like that and then fire your GM all within 48 hours. I wonder if this team will ever have a winner with Katz as owner.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    It's happening:

Ryan Rishaug

Verified account

@TSNRyanRishaug
    Following Following @TSNRyanRishaug
    More
    It is my belief a change is imminent at the GM position in Edmonton. It’s no longer a matter of it, but when Peter Chiarelli’s is let go. I’d expect news shortly.
    As happy as I am it's finally happening, I am almost afraid of what's next. I wouldn't be surprised to see Keith Gretzky promoted.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    As happy as I am it's finally happening, I am almost afraid of what's next. I wouldn't be surprised to see Keith Gretzky promoted.
    At least it's a low bar to clear!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Thank God......... the problem there though is the oilers old boys club. Get everyone out and a completely new management team in. As unrealistic as that is, the Lowes and McT and all that Jazz has to go. All of it. Their tentacles of failure are all over the club.

Dobber Sports Deity

Nicholson, McLellan and Chiarelli weren't part of the old boys club so that attempt was there unsuccessfully though. As far as the old boys club who's still around, KLowe isn't involved in the hockey side of operations anymore although I still see MacTavish at the draft table since he was let go a few years ago.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Nicholson, McLellan and Chiarelli weren't part of the old boys club so that attempt was there unsuccessfully though. As far as the old boys club who's still around, KLowe isn't involved in the hockey side of operations anymore although I still see MacTavish at the draft table since he was let go a few years ago.
    Lowe is team president, MacT hangs around.. Coffey is a consultant... While Lowe isn't directly involved with the hockey ops, for the life of me I will never believe he stays away or is kept away 100%. He is a hockey man first and foremost, far more than he is a businessman, even if he only has a business job now. If Chiarelli had to clear moves with the owner, no chance Lowe isn't around for that.

I'm talking strip any piece of Oiler lore from that club and put in a management team with zero attachment to the franchise or of years past. It's been a disaster for far too long; of embarrassing proportions. For years in the 90s and early 2000s, the Habs had the same problem.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The OBC has Katz's ear. It doesn't matter if they're "involved", Katz is involved and he asks how high when they say jump. You're always going to have problems until Katz backs off.

As for the Koskinen contract being "not that bad", I mean there's this

https://www.capfriendly.com/comparab...-koskinen-8911

and this:

https://twitter.com/JonathanWillis/s...25264795893760

and it all sums up to there being simply no reason to sign a 31 year old goalie with a 27 game sample size to that much money, that long, with a NTC, to the top end of all of his comparables.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Lowe is team president, MacT hangs around.. Coffey is a consultant... While Lowe isn't directly involved with the hockey ops, for the life of me I will never believe he stays away or is kept away 100%. He is a hockey man first and foremost, far more than he is a businessman, even if he only has a business job now. If Chiarelli had to clear moves with the owner, no chance Lowe isn't around for that.

I'm talking strip any piece of Oiler lore from that club and put in a management team with zero attachment to the franchise or of years past. It's been a disaster for far too long; of embarrassing proportions. For years in the 90s and early 2000s, the Habs had the same problem.
    He's vice-chairman of Oilers Entertainment Group, not the team President. OEG is a big ole conglomeration that involves many things besides the Oilers.

This link explains everyone's role for the Edmonton Oilers, from the top right down to the video coach. MacT is there, but KLowe is not. It's not 100% accurate because it still has Chiarelli as the Team President but it's accurate enough that it has Hitchcock as the teams HC.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/team/coaches-management

Dobber Sports Master

He's vice-chairman of Oilers Entertainment Group, not the team President. OEG is a big ole conglomeration that involves many things besides the Oilers.

This link explains everyone's role for the Edmonton Oilers, from the top right down to the video coach. MacT is there, but KLowe is not. It's not 100% accurate because it still has Chiarelli as the Team President but it's accurate enough that it has Hitchcock as the teams HC.

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/team/coaches-management
    My mistake, he is nonetheless present and while even Nicholson himself said in his presser that Lowe is not involved in hockey at all, I still don't buy it. Even if it's casual conversations with ownership about the team's performance.. There is influence there.

Nicholson's comments did not inspire confidence. I have little faith that the franchise exits this quickly.. They ridded themselves of Hall and Eberle citing culture issues... and today Nicholson says there's something bad in the water in Edmonton. Ference was interviewed earlier this year and alluded to similar issues present in Edmonton. The organization needs a complete facelift. It is apparent.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

I also don't buy the "well he's over in this department and has no input on the hockey side" line of thinking.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I also don't buy the "well he's over in this department and has no input on the hockey side" line of thinking.
    Exactly.

If Katz asks Lowe his opinion on a trade Chiarelli wants to make, simply because he wants to soundboard, does Lowe plug his ears and scream "lalalalalalalalalala" until Katz walks out of the room?

I know sports are not the most intellectual of forums, but gimme a f***ing break taking us all for stumps if we think people in other parts of the organization's leadership don't occasionally weigh-in or aren't asked for input on major decisions involving hockey, especially when all that leadership did for nearly 40 years of their active life is play hockey!! 20 of those years in Pro.

We're not all idiots or sheep, Nicholson. A little honesty wouldn't hurt this team. Like, come on.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

I am naïve enough to think his fingers aren't still in the pot as well. I was just pointing out that he has no actual title with the Edmonton Oilers anymore.

Dobber Sports Master

I am not naïve enough to think his fingers aren't still in the pot as well. I was just pointing out that he has no actual title with the Edmonton Oilers anymore.
    Gotcha and yes, you are correct he has no hockey title with the Oil.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin