Page 231 of 371 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 241 281 331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Brutal blow for Adam Larsson, I feel for him as I have experienced something similar:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...d-50/?shawct=1

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Brutal blow for Adam Larsson, I feel for him as I have experienced something similar:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...d-50/?shawct=1
    Reason for death?

The Great One

Yamamoto just got dropped in my league- any chance he gets called up at some point?? Ive got AA whose been pretty cold oputside of one lone assist recently. My other option is Tuch...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Yamamoto just got dropped in my league- any chance he gets called up at some point?? Ive got AA whose been pretty cold oputside of one lone assist recently. My other option is Tuch...
    I doubt he's playing in Edmonton this year. What would be the point considering the way their season has gone.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I doubt he's playing in Edmonton this year. What would be the point considering the way their season has gone.
    Thou I don't blame TM for very much of this.
    Does this team need to at least make an intern coaching change at least to try to prop up the moral for the rest of the season?
    I can't imagine this is doing anything good for their progress. Prob damaging.
    Need a bit of a shakeup, no? Try to get some positive back in there?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Seriously though, what do they do in the offseason? There are so many questions to be answered. I don't know the contract situations for each player. Do they keep Lucic? Do they aquire another goalie? I imagine Puljujarvi will be ready for a bigger role. I don't think any of their defence can quarterback a power play so that may need to be addressed. Would Mike Green work there?

I don't think they need a major overhaul, but they do need more than just a tweek. Just seems like they got off on the wrong foot this year and never got back on track. Going to be an interesting summer in Oil land.

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont be surprised if it's a quiet off-season in Edmonton. I can see the Asst Coach's moving out and they can try and upgrade their wingers a bit, looking for some speed but I don't think they go out and sign any big names. It's no surprise that they have been looking for a puck moving guy on the blue line for some time now. Hard to say if they get one or not because those are few and far between. Green will be too expensive for the Oilers for that they can afford to spend.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

If anyone is expecting a change at the top, I wouldn't hold your breath. Interesting read. I'll quote a small sample of the column worth reading:

https://oilersnation.com/2018/02/16/...bob-nicholson/
    So, it would appear Peter Chiarelli, Edmonton Oilers’ GM and president of hockey operations, is the man boss Bob Nicholson feels comfortable moving forward with despite what’s been a desperately disappointing 2017-18 season. At least that’s my takeaway from Chiarelli’s interview on Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown a couple of days ago.

In the bit, Nicholson talked about how there was plenty of blame to go around from top to bottom in the organization, said that he was “shocked” and “disappointed” about how this season has unfolded and also made mention that it would be good to add another top defenceman – isn’t it always? No mention, though, of doing another forensic audit on the job Chiarelli has done with 26 games remaining in his third season in the big chair. It sounds to me like Chiarelli is Nicholson’s man heading into the trade deadline, the off-season and the 2018-19 campaign.

I can’t say I’m surprised. I suggested in an item on Feb. 11 that the first matter of business for Nicholson going into the trade deadline and beyond was to decide if Chiarelli was the man to get the job done. It appears he has – likely, he already had before that item even ran. I expected it would go this way, which should not be confused with me necessarily believing it should go this way. I, like you, don’t get a vote. Bob doesn’t call . . .

The part of the Nicholson segment with McCown (which begins at about 1:37.00) that caught my ear: “They’re upset and they should be upset,” Nicholson said of a fan base that expected better after 103 points last season. “We’ve had lots of focus groups, had lots of discussion with them. They believe this team can win the Cup in the next three to five years. It’s Peter Chiarelli’s job, along with my job, to show them a plan and we’re going to get this team better again. I really believe with some changes here that we can.”

Dobber Sports Veteran

Aside from the PR of hiring Paul Coffey, has he made a noticeable or perceived contribution ?
    I have only seen a couple games on tv and they show Coffey making copious amounts of notes.
    Just wondering ...
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Nobody would take Lucic's contract at that price!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Nobody would take Lucic's contract at that price!!
    Yeah. I forgot how ugly that contract really was.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Aside from the PR of hiring Paul Coffey, has he made a noticeable or perceived contribution ?
    I have only seen a couple games on tv and they show Coffey making copious amounts of notes.
    Just wondering ...
    Probably still too early to tell. Especially since his role is "skills consultant." That makes it sound like he's an assistant to an assistant coach. Maybe just a respected voice to help motivate guys to get on board with the system the Oilers are pushing. Plus it sounds like a lot of his input will be on the development side, working with Bakersfield. Maybe this means they'll actually be able to develop the puck-moving dman they've been looking for, finally.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I saw a video today on youtube, it was Mike Johnson's view of how he'd "fix the Oilers". Pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC8MwNgz3T8
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche_Ambush View Post
    I saw a video today on youtube, it was Mike Johnson's view of how he'd "fix the Oilers". Pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC8MwNgz3T8
    Liked the video but it almost seemed like he was running a fantasy team.. HaHaHa..

I just can't imagine them being able to afford Carlson, Bailey and Hoffman/Pacioretty. Those three would cost $19 million at the lower end of the scale..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

@ Axe.

What’s the real feeling toward Cherrelli in Edmonton from a trust/competency standpoint regarding non draft moves? Guys like Draisaitl and Mc Davis were no brain selections and fell into his lap.

But since taking over we’ve seen him sign Sekera and Lucic, send out Hall and Eberle to get Larsson and Strome. Even in Boston, he sent out Hamilton and Seguin (who fell in his lap) and brought in guys like Eriksson and Smith (who’s no longer in Boston but ripn it in Vegas (and I don’t remember who else they got.)

I personally haven’t been impressed with any of his non draft hockey transactions but maybe I’m missing some. Seems all he does is have talent land in his lap via draft then slowly make poor decision after questionable decision after underwhelming decision.

View from a former oilers follower, asking a diehard fan.

Thanks Axe. Truely Interested In you’re take on your GM