Page 224 of 371 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 234 274 324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Something is deeply wrong with this team. Wondering if anyone puts any stock in the rumours that have been floating around since the beginning of the year regarding drama between team-mates?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    Something is deeply wrong with this team. Wondering if anyone puts any stock in the rumours that have been floating around since the beginning of the year regarding drama between team-mates?
    do tell? I haven't heard any but I don't follow them closely.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    My belief is that owning a professional sports team as a stand alone entity offers a very poor return on investment. ...The Oilers as a single entity may not make a great ROI but controlling them has allowed Katz to create a situation where he is set to earn a killing on related real estate. I would not be surprised one bit if he sells the team in a decade after the downtown re-development is finalised and moves on to other business ventures.
    I disagree with this in many ways. Darryl Katz bought the Oilers for $200,000,000 in 2008. The team is worth probably closer to $1,000,000,000 now if an expansion team is going for $650,000,000 US. The Edmonton Investors Group, which sold the team to Katz, bought the team from Pocklington for $100,000,000 in 1998. That group doubled its investment over an 8 year period. Those are both pretty solid ROIs just based on the value of the team.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    That was the rumor ages ago when Taylor Hall was here too. Don't buy into those rumors.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That was the rumor ages ago when Taylor Hall was here too. Don't buy into those rumors.
    Yes. I'd say not being able to score goals is probably the issue.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yes. I'd say not being able to score goals is probably the issue.
    ...which is Chiarelli's fault and not McLellan's. It's the GM's job to find scoring talent, whether through the draft or via trade. Aside from the easy pick in McDavid, Chiarelli and the scouting team have utterly failed to find offence in the draft, and Chiarelli has traded away a tremendous amount of offence in Hall and Eberle.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    ...which is Chiarelli's fault and not McLellan's. It's the GM's job to find scoring talent, whether through the draft or via trade. Aside from the easy pick in McDavid, Chiarelli and the scouting team have utterly failed to find offence in the draft, and Chiarelli has traded away a tremendous amount of offence in Hall and Eberle.
    I am not disagreeing with you that Chiarelli has blame to bear here, but this is basically the same lineup from last season who came one game away from the Western Conference finals. You can say Eberle isnt there, but lets be honest, everyone was moaning and pissing about how little Eberle contributed last season as well (although I was one who pointed out differently and really didn't want them to trade him due to a lack of depth on the right side). A little bit overachieving, maybe, but still the same basic lineup as far as the key players go.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    A little early to determine how the drafting has gone in my view.

Agreed he has traded away offense. Cap space is struggling to score a lot of goals right now and the gambles Chiarelli took on a few other players have failed miserably.

I like a few of his deals, and I was not very comfortable with some of his others, but maintained that I would wait to see how they actually panned out on the ice. They have panned out horribly and so the blame goes to Chiarelli.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm going to quit watching hockey if the Oilers win the Dahlin lottery. Just putting it out there

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm going to quit watching hockey if the Oilers win the Dahlin lottery. Just putting it out there
    Yeah, I wouldn't like it either. But one guy (besides Dahlin) who would be a perfect fit for the Oilers is Adam Boqvist. If the Oilers end up with the 2nd overall pick, I'm not sure if they'll take a goal-scoring winger (Svechnikov/Zadina) or a right-handed D-man who can run their top PP. Traditional wisdom (D-men are more valuable than wingers) leads me to believe they might just go with Boqvist if that was the case.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't like it either. But one guy (besides Dahlin) who would be a perfect fit for the Oilers is Adam Boqvist. If the Oilers end up with the 2nd overall pick, I'm not sure if they'll take a goal-scoring winger (Svechnikov/Zadina) or a right-handed D-man who can run their top PP. Traditional wisdom (D-men are more valuable than wingers) leads me to believe they might just go with Boqvist if that was the case.
    A scoring winger is exactly one of the main pieces the Oilers need (cue the wieners who bring up Hall/Eberle) and looking to acquire right now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Honestly look how many great D come later in the 1st round or beyond. I think I go with the best offensive talent early.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Grand Master

A scoring winger is exactly one of the main pieces the Oilers need (cue the wieners who bring up Hall/Eberle) and looking to acquire right now.
    Don't they need both?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Don't they need both?
    Yeah, I think the Oilers need both, so that's why I think they'd go with the D-man first because those guys are more valuable to NHL teams and harder to acquire via trade.

Regardless of who's drafting 2nd, I think Boqvist deserves to be in that discussion. But would the Oilers have too many Swedish D-men on their roster then?

Dobber Sports Pro

cue the wieners who bring up Hall/Eberle
    And a proud wiener I am.