Page 210 of 370 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    We will see.

I also hope to see an offer-sheet for Draisaitl.
    there's no reason Draisatl shouldn't have 10 offer sheets in his inbox come noon tomorrow. Meaning he'll receive none.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like the re-signing of Gryba at only 900k for two years. Solid bottom pairing Dman and excellent bargain for those in cap leagues with hits/pims.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like the re-signing of Gryba at only 900k for two years. Solid bottom pairing Dman and excellent bargain for those in cap leagues with hits/pims.
    except there's no guarentee he plays every night. seems like a 6/7 at best right now and that doesn't take into account any moves the oilers make in free agency.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Not likely with the McDavid/Draisaitl contract extension discussions. That's some serious cash being thrown around which will limit how many top players Edmonton can sign.

I've hated the salary cap since it came in. It has essentially killed potential dynasties - yes, it has made teams competitive, but at the expense of teams of old like the Oilers and Islanders. I guess everyone hated those teams except those fan bases, so maybe I'm the one that needs to change my thinking on this...lol!
    Sadly, in the world of salaries being public knowledge, we almost need a salary cap to protect the league from the owners destroying themselves...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    except there's no guarentee he plays every night. seems like a 6/7 at best right now and that doesn't take into account any moves the oilers make in free agency.
    I bet he plays 35-40 games next season. With the Dmen currently signed Gryba is 7th on the depth chart, including Sekera being out until at least January. A very solid signing in that he's a known commodity and doesn't have an issue sitting in the pressbox or playing 3rd pairing minutes. I would love to see the Oilers sign another veteran D-man to a 1-year deal but doubt that is their focus at this point.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    He's still a cheap roster Dman and is still solid for the peripherals needed even if he sits a game or two here or there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He's still a cheap roster Dman and is still solid for the peripherals needed even if he sits a game or two here or there.
    He sits way more often than a game or two here or there. In fact he was scratched 33 times and he also sat out 10/13 playoff games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Holy moley. Semantics.

Let me say it this way then. He's a cheap option for hits and PIMs for people in cap leagues.

Dobber Sports Pro

With Sekera sidelined first half of the new season, Gryba will see much more action early in the season.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Looking for Puljujarvi to have a nice impact this year.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Magnificent One

so who can make some guesses as to what the lines will look like. especially interested in how cags and strome fall in the lineup?

thank you
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Icon

Oilers employee and radio guy Bob Stauffer tweeted out the following lines this evening.

Maroon - McDavid - RNH
    Lucic - Draisaitl - Slepyshev
    Caggiula - Strome - Puljujarvi
    Jokinen - Letestu - Kassian
    Khaira - Pakarinen

The Magnificent One

Wouldn't have thought strome to fall to third line after being traded for eberle
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Icon

With McLellan coaching, the lines are likely for to be in constant flux. Having a few centers who can play wing will allow the Oilers to get the match ups they desire. I expect all of Draisaitl, Nugent-Hopkins, Strome and Caggiula to all have turns as the 3rd line center over the course of the season. They will all likely also have turns on McDavid's wing.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The ironic part is that Jokinen right now is probably the best natural winger on the roster and he's slated for L4 duties.