Page 187 of 371 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 197 237 287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Calgary trolls are funny. One fluke season out of the last seven where you make the playoffs and you feel the need to rub it in the face of Oiler fans by posting this irrelevant quote here. Here is a little history:

2009/10 - Calgary 90 pts (3rd Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS / Edmonton 62 pts (LAST Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2010/11 - Calgary 94 pts (2nd Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS / Edmonton 62 pts (LAST Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2011/12 - Calgary 90 pts (2nd Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS / Edmonton 74 pts (LAST Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2012/13 - Edmonton 45 pts (3rd LAST Northwest Division NO PLAYOFFS / Calgary 42 pts (2nd LAST Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2013/14 - Calgary 77 pts (2nd LAST Pacific Division) NO PLAYOFFS / Edmonton 67 pts (LAST Pacific Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2014/15 - Calgary 97 pts (3rd Pacific Division) **PLAYOFFS** / Edmonton 62 pts 2nd LAST Pacific Division) NO PLAYOFFS

2015/16 - Calgary 57 gp 55 pts (2nd LAST Pacific Division) / Edmonton 60 gp 50 pts (LAST Pacific Division) NEITHER TEAM IS MAKING THE PLAYOFFS

Seriously, Flames fans have no business trash talking based on their team's "superiority". Yes, your team sucks less than ours, but your team still sucks. You're talking degrees of suckiness. Go eat a bag of dicks and enjoy watching the playoffs on TV, just like us Oiler fans!
    Did I refer to the Flames at all? Nope, just the absolute pathetic ineptitude that is the Edmonton Oilers. The Flames are also pathetic. That doesn't make Edmonton, what they are doing, what they have done the last 10 years, what they continue to do, less pathetic. I'm not "trash talking" Edmonton through the basis of the superiority of the Flames. I'm trash talking Edmonton. Because they are embarrassing. Because they are pathetic. Because they are emphatically, hilariously, embarrassingly, pathetically inept.

Edmonton can BARELY keep their head above Toronto. The Toronto team with $40 million dollars on IR. The Toronto team ACTIVELY trying to tank, ACTIVELY trying their best to lose every game they can. Edmonton is actually trying to win every game they play. And in fact, as of today, Edmonton is in the same spot as the TRYING TO LOSE Toronto Maple Leafs.

So no, it really doesn't have anything to do with Calgary. At all actually.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Interesting San Jose example because their's is a market where a team cannot afford to tank. I remember reading (I think it was an Elliotte Friedman blog) that the Sharks bottomed out once after a few playoff runs and lost the fans so they realized they couldn't get away with sucking. Hence, year after year of playoff chases. In Canada you can sell tickets and stink so you can afford to burn it to the ground.
    I don't think you can in Ottawa either. At least until we get a downtown arena. When we aren't very good the attendance drops quite a bit. It is warming up a bit right now as we are on a bit of a streak.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Did I refer to the Flames at all? Nope, just the absolute pathetic ineptitude that is the Edmonton Oilers. The Flames are also pathetic. That doesn't make Edmonton, what they are doing, what they have done the last 10 years, what they continue to do, less pathetic. I'm not "trash talking" Edmonton through the basis of the superiority of the Flames. I'm trash talking Edmonton. Because they are embarrassing. Because they are pathetic. Because they are emphatically, hilariously, embarrassingly, pathetically inept.

Edmonton can BARELY keep their head above Toronto. The Toronto team with $40 million dollars on IR. The Toronto team ACTIVELY trying to tank, ACTIVELY trying their best to lose every game they can. Edmonton is actually trying to win every game they play. And in fact, as of today, Edmonton is in the same spot as the TRYING TO LOSE Toronto Maple Leafs.

If you hate the Oilers so much, and it's obvious that you hate them by your comments above, why do you even both posting in this thread. Go post in the thread you want to put something positive into instead of wasting your time in here being a negative Nancy. No one in here wants to hear you spewing crap about the Oilers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you hate the Oilers so much, and it's obvious that you hate them by your comments above, why do you even both posting in this thread. Go post in the thread you want to put something positive into instead of wasting your time in here being a negative Nancy. No one in here wants to hear you spewing crap about the Oilers.
    Flames fan like him suffer from 80s related PTSD. They can't help themselves. It's a sickness and I don't blame them for it. They can't get over it and we shouldn't be mean to them about it. They deserve our pity, and maybe some support. Not our ire.

Well I was just making some tongue in cheek comments. But if "The Comish", wants to spit some "hot fire", we can always come back and make some real comments, instead of some fun ones.

And as I've said before. It's a public forum. I'm free to comment in any thread I please. This is an Oilers thread and I stayed on topic. In fact, if anything "The Comish" is the one going off topic with his "fire" taeks.

Go away? I think I'll stay. It's more fun. Can't handle it? You can always leave.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well I was just making some tongue in cheek comments. But if "The Comish", wants to spit some "hot fire", we can always come back and make some real comments, instead of some fun ones.

And as I've said before. It's a public forum. I'm free to comment in any thread I please. This is an Oilers thread and I stayed on topic. In fact, if anything "The Comish" is the one going off topic with his "fire" taeks.

Go away? I think I'll stay. It's more fun. Can't handle it? You can always leave.
    I can handle your silly comments if you can handle being called a troll in this thread because that's exactly how you come off. The comments weren't silly, they were there to troll the actual Oilers fans. Congrats, you succeeded.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I can handle your silly comments if you can handle being called a troll in this thread because that's exactly how you come off. The comments weren't silly, they were there to troll the actual Oilers fans. Congrats, you succeeded.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Seriously, relax. Do you yell at people with disabilities who bother you as well? Some people honestly cannot help themselves. Once you see it in that light you learn to just let it roll.

The Oilers are going to be a very different looking team next season. Not sure if they will be better or not, but it's going to get ugly this offseason. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Seriously, relax. Do you yell at people with disabilities who bother you as well? Some people honestly cannot help themselves. Once you see it in that light you learn to just let it roll.

The Oilers are going to be a very different looking team next season. Not sure if they will be better or not, but it's going to get ugly this offseason. I'm looking forward to it.
    Said every year for as long as I can remember lol. Wasn't McDavid supposed to change the Oilers? Maybe Matthews can pick up the slack.

Dobber Sports Genius

For what it's worth, Comish and Axe gave some good replies to my comment. I don't have time for an articulate response. Suffice it to say, I hope the Oilers finally make a concerted effort to make their team better, apart from the standard draft, sign average-to-below-average players, and the odd b-grade trade for depth players. As frustrating as it is to see the team flounder yet again, I can understand a GM (and to a degree the coach) wanting to take a season, or a good chunk of a season, to see what they've got. It's a stretch, but let's see what happens in the coming months.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Said every year for as long as I can remember lol. Wasn't McDavid supposed to change the Oilers? Maybe Matthews can pick up the slack.
    I said different. I explicitly said I didn't even know if they would be better. Come on now, keep up.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

I yell at a lot of people who bothers me, maybe not to their face everytime, but in my mind I am yelling.

You should drive to work with me some days. It can be extremely frustrating.

And fwiw, that was hardly me yelling when I replied to him. If anything, that was quite polite.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I yell at a lot of people who bothers me, maybe not to their face everytime, but in my mind I am yelling.

You should drive to work with me some days. It can be extremely frustrating.

And fwiw, that was hardly me yelling when I replied to him. If anything, that was quite polite.
    Fair enough. I'm just trying to reframe things. If you see trolls as people who are unable to behave any other way (in the same way that someone who is paralyzed is unable to physically do certain things) then I find it's much able to deal with their behaviour. Instead of taking it personally, or seeing it as a choice on their part, I've found it helpful to see it as something they cannot control. Your mileage may vary with that way of viewing it though.

Dobber Sports Star

Nobody is saying that the Oiler's aren't performing poorly. It's easy to sit back and laugh and say how horrible they are, and how horrible they have been for years, but you aren't fooling anybody when you do this. You are a troll and you are trolling. It's fine because everyone also knows that you are doing it to get a rise out of people, and it is very intentional.

The truth of the matter is, that on paper, the Oilers are not as bad as they are performing. They have been very bad for a very long time, and it's tough to say exactly why. You look at their team, and scratch your head wondering why they aren't better. A lot of people think that the management team of Lowe and MacTavish needed to go, and probably needed to go sooner than it happened. However, after making those changes, the results haven't poured in like people expected. The difference between the best teams in the NHL and the worst teams in the NHL tends to be a handful of players. It might be something intangible like leadership or chemistry, but that is difficult to trade for. Some have said that the Oilers need a better goaltender; others have said that they need a stronger presence on defense. Would those two things take the Oilers from the NHL basement to a dangerous playoff team? Rask and Bobrovsky have similar save percentages this year compared to Talbot, so is a goalie really the answer?

It's easy to laugh at the Oilers and say that they are horrible. It's not as easy to say exactly why they are horrible, and exactly what they need to do to turn it around. If it was easy, THEY WOULD HAVE DONE IT BY NOW. It's not like the Oilers have made stupid picks with their many recent high end picks; every single time, they took exactly who the experts said that they should have. Many of the hockey experts, including Bob McKenzie, said that McDavid would change the results for the Oilers. Many experts have said "next year will be different for the Oilers."

Keep laughing though; the only thing that does, is reassure everyone that you are exactly who they thought you were. Something has to give. It is only a matter of time before the talent on the team eventually do take the Oilers to the next level. By then, they may be scary good. As an Edmontonian and an Oiler fan, I have been patient for a long time; I am willing to continue this journey and I am confident that we are on the right path.

Rylant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I don't think you can in Ottawa either. At least until we get a downtown arena. When we aren't very good the attendance drops quite a bit. It is warming up a bit right now as we are on a bit of a streak.
    Interesting, I wouldn't have suspected that.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg