Page 186 of 370 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 196 236 286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Question:

1) will RNH get traded before next season??

2) how long until Brossoit takes over as the Oilers starter??
    1. Yes. Think he'll be traded at the draft, or a few days within/around July 1st.

2. Two years. IF they develop him properly and allow him to remain down in Bakersfield to get more starts.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Attachment 3144

"But they're playing better this year"
    Yeah, it's hard to believe that the Oilers are in this position...again. I still think that they made the right moves putting some pretty good hockey people in as GM and Head Coach and that they are not going to change things overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Unbelievable. Pro-rated, they are the worst team in the league. Either learn to play like an NHL team, or trade some real pieces already. But hey, maybe Matthews will be the answer.
    I trust in this management team over the "old guard" of Kevin Lowe, Craig MacTavish, etc. I like that they are not listening to fans and making rash moves just to placate the less-informed (us fans and media). Take your time, assess what you've got and hold on until the right deal presents itself. I would be okay if they take 2-3 years (from when they took over at the start of this season) to become playoff contenders.

All that said, it is tough as a fan to watch this year after year of ineptitude. I am starting to feel what it must be like to be a Leafs fan.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

"Auston Matthews will be a really good mentor for teaching Nolan Patrick then ins and outs of the NHL and the best way to handle the pressures of being the first overall pick in the draft"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    "Auston Matthews will be a really good mentor for teaching Nolan Patrick then ins and outs of the NHL and the best way to handle the pressures of being the first overall pick in the draft"
    Calgary trolls are funny. One fluke season out of the last seven where you make the playoffs and you feel the need to rub it in the face of Oiler fans by posting this irrelevant quote here. Here is a little history:

2009/10 - Calgary 90 pts (3rd Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS / Edmonton 62 pts (LAST Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2010/11 - Calgary 94 pts (2nd Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS / Edmonton 62 pts (LAST Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2011/12 - Calgary 90 pts (2nd Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS / Edmonton 74 pts (LAST Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2012/13 - Edmonton 45 pts (3rd LAST Northwest Division NO PLAYOFFS / Calgary 42 pts (2nd LAST Northwest Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2013/14 - Calgary 77 pts (2nd LAST Pacific Division) NO PLAYOFFS / Edmonton 67 pts (LAST Pacific Division) NO PLAYOFFS
    2014/15 - Calgary 97 pts (3rd Pacific Division) **PLAYOFFS** / Edmonton 62 pts 2nd LAST Pacific Division) NO PLAYOFFS

2015/16 - Calgary 57 gp 55 pts (2nd LAST Pacific Division) / Edmonton 60 gp 50 pts (LAST Pacific Division) NEITHER TEAM IS MAKING THE PLAYOFFS

Seriously, Flames fans have no business trash talking based on their team's "superiority". Yes, your team sucks less than ours, but your team still sucks. You're talking degrees of suckiness. Go eat a bag of dicks and enjoy watching the playoffs on TV, just like us Oiler fans!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Go eat a bag of dicks and enjoy watching the playoffs on TV, just like us Oiler fans!
    Wait, Oilers fans are also going to eat a bag of...? Nevermind, I don't want to know.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Seriously, Flames fans have no business trash talking based on their team's "superiority". Yes, your team sucks less than ours, but your team still sucks. You're talking degrees of suckiness. Go eat a bag of dicks and enjoy watching the playoffs on TV, just like us Oiler fans!
    HaHaHa, can't argue with you on this one.. I can't wait for the next playoff addition of the 'Battle of Alberta'..

I think both teams will have new rinks by that time!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    HaHaHa, can't argue with you on this one.. I can't wait for the next playoff addition of the 'Battle of Alberta'..
    The thing is, I actually like what the Flames have done in putting some really good players in place, but at the end of the day, unless you are going to be a serious Stanley Cup contender, we're all in the same boat. I lived in Calgary for 3 years during the best years of the Battle of Alberta. Some epic battles/series were had. I too can't wait for both Alberta teams to get back to the playoffs on a consistent basis and renew that rivalry!

I think the reason Edmonton has sucked so hard for so long is to balance out those epically great years that netted us 5 Cups. Karma is a bitch.

Dobber Sports Genius

at the end of the day, unless you are going to be a serious Stanley Cup contender, we're all in the same boat.
    I have to disagree. A team can be thoroughly entertaining, if they play hard and are competitive most nights. Of course every team is looking for a cup, but only a small handful of teams have a realistic shot at it each year. The Jets got swept last year, but the entire season was an absolute blast, because that team was very competitive, and could stand up against any other team, on any given night. This year's another story, and it's a lot less entertaining. What the Oilers' management has put together over the last number of years has been a travesty. They could very easily ice five (recent!) first overall picks next year, and that is an embarrassment and level of ineptitude that is baffling and unacceptable. It's irresponsible and a borderline abuse of the league's drafting rules.

None of this has anything to do with you or any Oilers fan. You've got to cheer for your home team, but good gravy. It's gone so far that I can't see any scenario in which I won't be irritated by this franchise for years to come. If they succeed, I'll be annoyed. If they continue to fail, I'll be annoyed. It's bizarre. I'm genuinely shocked that it's all happening again this year (last place, lottery). I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but wow.

Dobber Sports Deity

I cant hear the trolls because of all the Stanley Cups in my ears....

Especially the Calgary Flames trolls.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    I have to disagree. A team can be thoroughly entertaining, if they play hard and are competitive most nights. Of course every team is looking for a cup, but only a small handful of teams have a realistic shot at it each year. The Jets got swept last year, but the entire season was an absolute blast, because that team was very competitive, and could stand up against any other team, on any given night. This year's another story, and it's a lot less entertaining. What the Oilers' management has put together over the last number of years has been a travesty. They could very easily ice five (recent!) first overall picks next year, and that is an embarrassment and level of ineptitude that is baffling and unacceptable. It's irresponsible and a borderline abuse of the league's drafting rules.

None of this has anything to do with you or any Oilers fan. You've got to cheer for your home team, but good gravy. It's gone so far that I can't see any scenario in which I won't be irritated by this franchise for years to come. If they succeed, I'll be annoyed. If they continue to fail, I'll be annoyed. It's bizarre. I'm genuinely shocked that it's all happening again this year (last place, lottery). I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but wow.
    I get what you are saying, but as some idiot once said, "if you ain't first, you're last". There is some value in entertainment, but let's talk to Sharks fans back when they were very good for so long and then would ultimately fail early in the playoffs. Is that any better than what the Oilers fans have had to endure? Do I even need to talk about what the Leafs have put their fans through over the last 40+ years?

I want my team to build a winner and think that the fans and media have to give the new management team some time to put a winner together. Lumping all the bad years together before this management team was hired will only create unrealistic expectations. As we've so ineptly proven, high picks alone don't equal a winning product, you've got to build a winning team. The old Oiler guard was absolutely clueless. I'm prepared to give the new management 3 years before I expect them to make the playoffs. Building a winning team takes time and doesn't happen overnight.

There is a lot of hate towards the Oilers and it will only get worse when they win the lottery again this year...lol, kidding. I think some people's heads would explode and I'd like to see that. Honestly, after watching the WJHC, I'd be more than happy to grab one of those two top Finns at this year's Entry Draft.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd actually love to see them deal away the pick for a young, top 2 Dman. Someone with some serious upside who can help plug the hole now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd actually love to see them deal away the pick for a young, top 2 Dman. Someone with some serious upside who can help plug the hole now.
    Clearly, we need a couple of top Dmen, so that would be one option. Secretly, I'm hoping Edmonton is in a position to take Patrick Laine - watching his performance at the WJHC made me drool at his potential, coupled with that decent skating, size and goal scoring ability and he would make a nice winger for McDavid for many years to come...drool, drool...trade Eberle, RNH, Yak (if anyone will have him, or just keep him on the 3rd line, whatever), keep McDavid, Draisaitl (size up the middle is always valued and he will likely be a better overall player than RNH - whom I really like as well). I'm quite comfortable letting the current management team make these decisions.

Dobber Sports Superstar

... Karma is a bitch.
    uh, wut?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    uh, wut?
    Karma, not Instant Karma...oh wait, are you guys related!? (he says hoping not to insult the Karma family)...oh, I am soooo screwed...

Administrator

I get what you are saying, but as some idiot once said, "if you ain't first, you're last". There is some value in entertainment, but let's talk to Sharks fans back when they were very good for so long and then would ultimately fail early in the playoffs. Is that any better than what the Oilers fans have had to endure? Do I even need to talk about what the Leafs have put their fans through over the last 40+ years?

I want my team to build a winner and think that the fans and media have to give the new management team some time to put a winner together. Lumping all the bad years together before this management team was hired will only create unrealistic expectations. As we've so ineptly proven, high picks alone don't equal a winning product, you've got to build a winning team. The old Oiler guard was absolutely clueless. I'm prepared to give the new management 3 years before I expect them to make the playoffs. Building a winning team takes time and doesn't happen overnight.

There is a lot of hate towards the Oilers and it will only get worse when they win the lottery again this year...lol, kidding. I think some people's heads would explode and I'd like to see that. Honestly, after watching the WJHC, I'd be more than happy to grab one of those two top Finns at this year's Entry Draft.
    Interesting San Jose example because their's is a market where a team cannot afford to tank. I remember reading (I think it was an Elliotte Friedman blog) that the Sharks bottomed out once after a few playoff runs and lost the fans so they realized they couldn't get away with sucking. Hence, year after year of playoff chases. In Canada you can sell tickets and stink so you can afford to burn it to the ground.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg