Page 167 of 370 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 5550

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I just find it hilarious that Edmonton has a pressing need for d-men and they trade Petry away.. And he signs a huge deal to stay with that team he was traded too..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I just find it hilarious that Edmonton has a pressing need for d-men and they trade Petry away.. And he signs a huge deal to stay with that team he was traded too..
    They dealt him away for a couple reasons. First, he had already indicated to management that he intended on testing the FA market (which he admitted was his intention) and even if he had re-signed, he really isn't worth the money paid out (my opinion).

If you know there's a strong chance you are going to lose him, why keep him?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They dealt him away for a couple reasons. First, he had already indicated to management that he intended on testing the FA market (which he admitted was his intention) and even if he had re-signed, he really isn't worth the money paid out (my opinion).

Exactly. Enter BigEv's rationale for the Bishop trade to Tampa (although I still sense sour grapes with his refusal to rank Bishop any higher than an "average goaltender at best".

May as well get "something" for the asset you will be losing.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I also think this had to do with the Oilers treating Petry as a 5th or 6th d-man.. I would want to test the market aswell..

I do agree with you Axe that he isn't worth the cash he was given!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Well, they kinda treated him as a 3-4, which is pretty much what he is. I think it was more to do with the fact he was coming off three straight one-year deals and they wouldn't commit to him long term.

Can't say I blame him really.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Lehner/Anderson + Legwand for PIT 2015 1st + a prospect + late pick

Lehner/Anderson + Cowen + Hoffman for Hall

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

Offer 1 - The Oilers don't need another center and if they did, they just re-sign Roy for a hell of a lot less than what Legwand makes. Yes, Roy is probably just as good as Legwand for a lot less.

Offer 2 - No way they trade Hall for that type of return. Cowen isn't worth what he's being paid.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lol.

Actually forget the bold. Lol to both of them.

Banned

how is that first trade a lol? That's a trade Edmonton should easily consider. 18th overall pick isn't helping them.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i would be shocked if lehner or anderson get a late 1st, let alone 16th overall.

2nd rounder + prospect is the best i see them getting.

Banned

Offer 1 - The Oilers don't need another center and if they did, they just re-sign Roy for a hell of a lot less than what Legwand makes. Yes, Roy is probably just as good as Legwand for a lot less.

Offer 2 - No way they trade Hall for that type of return. Cowen isn't worth what he's being paid.
    Don't focus on Legwand, that's just the throw in for them to take the salary. Legwand can play wing though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i would be shocked if lehner or anderson get a late 1st, let alone 16th overall.

2nd rounder + prospect is the best i see them getting.
    Unproven goalies get a 2nd rounder. They can do better than that.

Don't focus on Legwand, that's just the throw in for them to take the salary. Legwand can play wing though.

Unproven goalies get a 2nd rounder. They can do better than that.
    You can't have it both ways. If Legwand is a throw in for Edmonton to take salary, then the return is lower. If you want a better return, then the salary take back has to be gone. Teams pay teams to take salary.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You can't have it both ways. If Legwand is a throw in for Edmonton to take salary, then the return is lower. If you want a better return, then the salary take back has to be gone. Teams pay teams to take salary.
    Take him out then - but Edmonton will do anything they can do get a goalie. General trade of Andy/Lehner for that 1st should be strongly considered by Edmonton.

just to add on Legwand, though - the Oilers wanted him last year

Take him out then - but Edmonton will do anything they can do get a goalie. General trade of Andy/Lehner for that 1st should be strongly considered by Edmonton.

just to add on Legwand, though - the Oilers wanted him last year
    Schneider went for 10th overall. Schneider is much much better than both of Anderson and Lehner. So comparing value, yea, an early second (and nothing else) sounds like a fair return.

As for Legwand. Lots of things have changed since last offseason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Schneider went for 10th overall. Schneider is much much better than both of Anderson and Lehner. So comparing value, yea, an early second (and nothing else) sounds like a fair return.

As for Legwand. Lots of things have changed since last offseason.
    Ben Bishop (who was just an AHLer) originally went for a second from St. Louis. Lindback, who is shit went, for two seconds. Anderson or Lehner will get more than that. Guarantee you they don't trade either for just a second. IMO they will grab a later 1st, an almost ready prospect, or a proven Top 6 piece (in a bigger trade).

As for Schneider he had more value at that time but wasn't all that proven either, so to speak, since he barely played a full NHL season. I think there's a big difference between 10th and that first round pick the Oilers have but we shall see.

If you're Edmonton and you don't think you can get Niemi for free then you gotta look at trading that 1st.