Page 164 of 371 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 174 214 264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

As I mentioned in a different thread, I would rather them select Strome at #3 (assuming the land there).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I really hope we aren't picking at 3. If we are then I think MacT has failed a this job. We need impact players today, not 2-3 years down the road. McDavid and Eichel can give us that today.. but Hanifin/Strome/Marner will probably be a year or two away. If we're picking at 3, that pick needs to be moved for a NHL player.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    I really hope we aren't picking at 3. If we are then I think MacT has failed a this job. We need impact players today, not 2-3 years down the road. McDavid and Eichel can give us that today.. but Hanifin/Strome/Marner will probably be a year or two away. If we're picking at 3, that pick needs to be moved for a NHL player.
    Depends on the player. Can't force it if it's not there. For the record, I'm totally fine with just drafting Hanifin at three if that's where they end up. It's entirely possible they get jumped and pick #4.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

While I am hoping for McDavid or Eichel (who isn't), Hanafin or Strome would be decent consolation prizes as well.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Edmonton, ya'll have somethin' cookin with the PP lately. It's great to see a sign of things to come. Unfortunately the great recent PP success will probably be the leading cause for the Oil to be ousted from the McEichel sweepstakes.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Edmonton, ya'll have somethin' cookin with the PP lately. It's great to see a sign of things to come. Unfortunately the great recent PP success will probably be the leading cause for the Oil to be ousted from the McEichel sweepstakes.
    Second vs. Third is only a difference of 2% odds. At a certain point on-ice progress has to start being worth more.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Second vs. Third is only a difference of 2% odds. At a certain point on-ice progress has to start being worth more.
    No question. But you can only drop one spot in the lottery. So, even though the chance to get first overall is nearly the same between 2nd last, and 3rd last, the odds of getting the 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick changes significantly depending on where you finish.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Taylor Hall makes his return tonight. So far, he looks shaky. I guess it us understandable; he has missed 26 games or something like that. How long does he stay off the first line? I do understand Nelson not wanting to mess with the first line's chemistry because they are on fire. Eberle and RNH have 27 points in the last 7 games.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

I must say, I was a skeptic of Todd Nelson coming in as the "interim" Head Coach earlier this year, but I think he's done some damn good work and has made me a believer in him. I hope he sticks around next year. What he's done to fix the PP has been impressive.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I must say, I was a skeptic of Todd Nelson coming in as the "interim" Head Coach earlier this year, but I think he's done some damn good work and has made me a believer in him. I hope he sticks around next year. What he's done to fix the PP has been impressive.
    I completely agree. There are still lots of issues with this team, but it is nice to see the offensive players reaching their potential.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

Well, this late season surge has really f'd things up for us. Unless we win the lottery, we are not getting McDavid or Eichel.

At least people can't accuse the team of tanking any more.

So, what does everything think about the Marner vs Hanifin debate? Rumors suggest they are going to draft Marner. Thoughts?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Watched Marner all year. Yup... I'd like to see Marner in the Blue and Orange. Oilers need to start producing NOW... and I fear putting stock in another young D that needs 3/4 years to develop will only continue to stall the process. Draft a fresh new face in our Top 6 and then if need be... utilize the "name" Value of one of the existing top 6 to lure in a more established D.

(maybe see if Franson is interested in having a shot as "THE GUY" in Edmonton as well). that was just a knee jerk. lol

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Watched Marner all year. Yup... I'd like to see Marner in the Blue and Orange. Oilers need to start producing NOW... and I fear putting stock in another young D that needs 3/4 years to develop will only continue to stall the process. Draft a fresh new face in our Top 6 and then if need be... utilize the "name" Value of one of the existing top 6 to lure in a more established D.

(maybe see if Franson is interested in having a shot as "THE GUY" in Edmonton as well). that was just a knee jerk. lol
    Which current NHLer does does Marner remind you of (style of play)?

To be honest, I would really like Franson in Edmonton. He has a great shot from the point, which is something we haven't had on the team in a long time. Schultz is decent at running the PP and he is pretty good at sneaking to the net for a back door pass, but he can't shoot very well. Franson and Schultz on the points would be very interesting.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Which current NHLer does does Marner remind you of (style of play)?

To be honest, I would really like Franson in Edmonton. He has a great shot from the point, which is something we haven't had on the team in a long time. Schultz is decent at running the PP and he is pretty good at sneaking to the net for a back door pass, but he can't shoot very well. Franson and Schultz on the points would be very interesting.
    He's quick and has great vision and a great set of hands. Dynamic scorer. I would probably say that he reminds me a bit of Patrick Kane or maybe even a Jordan Eberle (Since we're talking Oilers) especially from a Size comparison. He is a bit on the small side so may get roughed up a bit, but they also need to catch him.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    He's quick and has great vision and a great set of hands. Dynamic scorer. I would probably say that he reminds me a bit of Patrick Kane or maybe even a Jordan Eberle (Since we're talking Oilers) especially from a Size comparison. He is a bit on the small side so may get roughed up a bit, but they also need to catch him.
    I've heard the comparison to Kane before, in both size and skill-set. I have never watched him play, but my concern with him (based on the Kane comparison) is that we don't really need another smallish, skilled winger.

I have read that he could play center, but that is often the case with junior players. In the NHL, they often can't play center.

Even if Marner is super skilled, I think I'd prefer the Oilers drafting Strome, who projects to be a solid #2 center, based size and second-hand scouting reports. I haven't actually watched Strome play either, so I can't comment from first-hand knowledge.

I really wish we could have gotten Eichel.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap