Page 143 of 371 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Well I'm pumped that the Oilers are finally starting to show some signs of life. Best game of the year last night overall - hopefully something to build from. I know this is probably naive, but if they can string 2 more wins together against Washington and Carolina, suddenly a 3-4-1 start isn't looking so dreadful.

The one huge thing I loved seeing about that game is that the Oilers finally earned a victory. They gave up a goal with 5 minutes left which normally crushes them en route to another loss. But this time, they were finally able to battle through some adversity and pull out a win like teams usually do to them. Those are the sorts of moments and wins that can bond the team and start to build momentum.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It's somewhat maybe kind've harder to make a trade like that past "well we better do it".
    Not sure I understand what you mean but many trades are made out of desperation. Whether its to shake up an underachieving team or to fill a gaping hole. The Leafs got Doug Gilmour that way.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Not sure I understand what you mean but many trades are made out of desperation. Whether its to shake up an underachieving team or to fill a gaping hole. The Leafs got Doug Gilmour that way.
    So you're saying that out of desperation, the Oilers should get ripped off in a trade for Eberle or Yakupov, just so they can shake up the team? I hate Eberle and think he needs to go, but that still sounds like a terrible idea.

Dobber Sports All-Star

So you're saying that out of desperation, the Oilers should get ripped off in a trade for Eberle or Yakupov, just so they can shake up the team? I hate Eberle and think he needs to go, but that still sounds like a terrible idea.
    Well you hope they're smarter than that but, i'm not so sure. One thing for sure, they have to make a trade if they are going to improve, but i'm sure you'll find an argument for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Well you hope they're smarter than that but, i'm not so sure. One thing for sure, they have to make a trade if they are going to improve, but i'm sure you'll find an argument for that too.
    You're just....not making any sense.

I think most people agree they need to make trade.

There is a lot of disagreement on what that trade should be and who should be traded.

Not to mention, everyone knows they are desperate, so they aren't getting any fair offers....

Dobber Sports Deity

There is a lot of disagreement on what that trade should be and who should be traded.

Not to mention, everyone knows they are desperate, so they aren't getting any fair offers....
    I am curious; are you an Oilers fan or an Oilers hater?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am curious; are you an Oilers fan or an Oilers hater?
    Both? Haha. I like Hall and RNH, so in that sense, I'm an Oilers fan. I want to see those two be good and succeed, so I want Edmonton to be good.

I've grown up in Calgary my whole life, and have been bred to hate Edmonton my whole life. So also an Oilers hater.

Given I own Hall/RNH/Yak, I would rather see Edmonton turn in to San Jose/Chicago/Anaheim than keep being Florida/Carolina/Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Both? Haha. I like Hall and RNH, so in that sense, I'm an Oilers fan. I want to see those two be good and succeed, so I want Edmonton to be good.

I've grown up in Calgary my whole life, and have been bred to hate Edmonton my whole life. So also an Oilers hater.

Given I own Hall/RNH/Yak, I would rather see Edmonton turn in to San Jose/Chicago/Anaheim than keep being Florida/Carolina/Edmonton.
    So don't trade for fear of being ripped off, but stop being like Carolina and Florida and more like SJ who rose to relevance when they brought in a Thornton or Chicago who dumped their Goalie after 1 cup win to win yet another.

How do you suppose they fix things?

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    So don't trade for fear of being ripped off, but stop being like Carolina and Florida and more like SJ who rose to relevance when they brought in a Thornton or Chicago who dumped their Goalie after 1 cup win to win yet another.

How do you suppose they fix things?
    When did I say don't trade? I said don't make a bad/stupid trade out of desperation for "change".

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hmmm. Must be a province thing I guess. Yeah it has to be tough to decide on which asset to trade but, you can't just sit there and do nothing and finish in the bottom 5 again! Have some balls and do something. I'm sure the fans would prefer you at least try to do something rather than stew over this mess for another season....and yes, i'm sure who ever they do trade, won't be a popular choice for some fans. That's inevitable.

The Great One

I really don't see Eberle being traded.

As I already mentioned, he showed a commitment to the team and signed long-term, so they are going to remain loyal to him. Furthermore, Eberle and Hall are best friends and play relatively well together. I know many people, including me, expect more from Eberle, especially after his clutch performances in International tournaments and his strong sophomore season followed by him tearing up the AHL during the lockout. That said, 65 points last year is far from horrible, especially given his age. He certainly hasn't been a complete disappointment and the potential is there for he and Hall to form one of the most dangerous duos in the NHL for years to come.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I really don't see Eberle being traded.

As I already mentioned, he showed a commitment to the team and signed long-term, so they are going to remain loyal to him. Furthermore, Eberle and Hall are best friends and play relatively well together. I know many people, including me, expect more from Eberle, especially after his clutch performances in International tournaments and his strong sophomore season followed by him tearing up the AHL during the lockout. That said, 65 points last year is far from horrible, especially given his age. He certainly hasn't been a complete disappointment and the potential is there for he and Hall to form one of the most dangerous duos in the NHL for years to come.
    People also need to keep in mind that a 65 point season is a good season in today's NHL. If you look at the stats over the last few years, it's just become a lot harder to score. My rule of thumb is that a good season now is about 10 points/goals less than what most of us have in our heads - eg. 100 point season is now a 90 point season, 50 goal season is now a 40 goal season, etc.

Look at last year, only Crosby had over 90 points last year; only 7 players had 80+. Only 18 players had 70+ points. Jordan Eberle was 30th in the league with 65 points. I think we all expect amazing things from him because of his skill, but any team in the league would love a 65 point player on their team with still enough potential to put up 70+ many years.

I think he is the Oilers best trade piece, but I wouldn't trade him unless they did a damn good job at filling other huge holes in the roster, because that's a lot of offense to give up.
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck

Point System
    Goalie Points

Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Padawan

2 wins in a row! Plan the parade

Point System
    Goalie Points

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    2 wins in a row! Plan the parade
    If they win against Carolina on Friday I should go add myself to the season ticket registry.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    Well I'm pumped that the Oilers are finally starting to show some signs of life. Best game of the year last night overall - hopefully something to build from. I know this is probably naive, but if they can string 2 more wins together against Washington and Carolina, suddenly a 3-4-1 start isn't looking so dreadful.

The one huge thing I loved seeing about that game is that the Oilers finally earned a victory. They gave up a goal with 5 minutes left which normally crushes them en route to another loss. But this time, they were finally able to battle through some adversity and pull out a win like teams usually do to them. Those are the sorts of moments and wins that can bond the team and start to build momentum.
    Totally called it. Very sloppy win against Carolina, but I'll take it. 3-4-1. Much sexier than 0-7-1.

Point System
    Goalie Points