Page 139 of 371 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Yakupov. Whether you consider him one or not, or whether he was expected to be or not... a search of the forums will locate several posts which describe Yakupov as a potential generational talent in the likes of Ovechkin prior to being drafted to the Oilers.

You yourself earlier in this thread said that he no longer has ANY leash...and that he's available to the highest bidder.

I consider that BUST! Destroyed.

Now bring on McDavid.
    I've also said multiple times that I wouldn't have even drafted him 1st. Generational talents are guys who rise above their situations. Change their situations. Hall-of-famers. You don't ruin generational talents. Only way to do that is to keep playing them when they are concussed *cough*Flyers*cough*Lindros*cough*. Closest thing these guys have to a generational talent is Hall and he ain't ruined.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Yakupov was never considered on the level of an Ovechkin player, at least not by the vast majority of people. There are always outliers who will attach the word generational to anyone drafted first overall, but Yakupov was even debateable to go first overall that season (Ryan Murray had a real chance had Oilers owner not stepped in).

He's also played 1.5 seasons and this year has been much better overall as a player, though granted has a LONG way to go to live up to his billing. You're way off on your assessment of his as being either generational, or as being a bust, or even as being ruined by the Oilers.

Sorry, but the Princess is in another castle.
    Failed to intepret what I wrote.

I said whether you feel he was or not (never said I thought he was), but I remember reading lots in the forums (IN THE FORUMS) before the draft specifically stating that Yakupov could be the next generational talent, posibly compared to Ovechkin. Those were't my words but where definitely words I read in these forums. I suppose all the posts could have been made by incompetant contributors here, but I bought the hype on him... and last year, many would say... Yakupov was mis handled.

Hence... back to my point. "I'm a'back!"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Failed to intepret what I wrote.

I said whether you feel he was or not (never said I thought he was), but I remember reading lots in the forums (IN THE FORUMS) before the draft specifically stating that Yakupov could be the next generational talent, posibly compared to Ovechkin. Those were't my words but where definitely words I read in these forums. I suppose all the posts could have been made by incompetant contributors here, but I bought the hype on him... and last year, many would say... Yakupov was mis handled.

Hence... back to my point. "I'm a'back!"
    So you read words from a few individuals in a hockey forum and thus it must be true?

Want to join a hockey pool?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I've also said multiple times that I wouldn't have even drafted him 1st. Generational talents are guys who rise above their situations. Change their situations. Hall-of-famers. You don't ruin generational talents. Only way to do that is to keep playing them when they are concussed *cough*Flyers*cough*Lindros*cough*. Closest thing these guys have to a generational talent is Hall and he ain't ruined.
    Not yet.

God I hope they trade him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I didn't watch the game, but sounds like he was his usual amazing self last night. Hall can't be ruined unless he gets atrociously injured. He's way too talented and a hard worker.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So you read words from a few individuals in a hockey forum and thus it must be true?

Want to join a hockey pool?
    Twisting my words.

All I said was...

"Yakupov. Whether you consider him one or not, or whether he was expected to be or not... a search of the forums will locate several posts which describe Yakupov as a potential generational talent in the likes of Ovechkin prior to being drafted to the Oilers."

That is all I was suggesting... Yes... words from a few/many individuals... If I were to tell you that Dobber was one of those individuals... would you still be as dissmissive? Never mind. You likely would be.

Clearly you don't agree and that's fine.

Banned

Angus said he was the best prospect since Crosby. Hilarious then, hilarious now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I didn't watch the game, but sounds like he was his usual amazing self last night. Hall can't be ruined unless he gets atrociously injured. He's way too talented and a hard worker.
    This I agree with. His talent and compete level is beyond elite. I just wish he had a better opportunity to thrive. Much like Tavares, he needs to work harder than most due to his incompetant surroudings. woudl love to see what he could do in a more healthy environment.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Angus said he was the best prospect since Crosby. Hilarious then, hilarious now.
    Didn't you hear? Angus is just another individual who's view points should be dismissed...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Twisting my words.

All I said was...

"Yakupov. Whether you consider him one or not, or whether he was expected to be or not... a search of the forums will locate several posts which describe Yakupov as a potential generational talent in the likes of Ovechkin prior to being drafted to the Oilers."

That is all I was suggesting... Yes... words from a few/many individuals... If I were to tell you that Dobber was one of those individuals... would you still be as dissmissive? Never mind. You likely would be.

Clearly you don't agree and that's fine.
    Was Hugh Jessiman a generational talent as well if I can find a post somewhere on the internet that has someone saying he was? Sorry, but I'm not buying this line of argument at all. Yakupov, by the majority of sources, was considered a highly skilled talent that probably deserved to go first overall in his draft year. Very, very few people were calling him a generational talent, and to claim that the Oilers have screwed up a generational talent basically is just slamming them for something they didn't do at all.

I'm all for blaming the Oilers for doing stupid things, and I mock them relentlessly. However I try and do it for things they actually do.

However, you are using terms in different ways than I am, and your criteria for labelling players is also vastly different than I suspect most people would be willing to use. So if it makes you feel better to label Yakupov generational and use that as another reason to mock the Oilers then be my guest. I think it's stupid, but really, what difference in my life will it make!

Banned

Didn't you hear? Angus is just another individual who's view points should be dismissed...
    well after his Yakupov opinion...and his Justin Schultz opinion...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wrong.

He said "He is considered by many to be the best prospect since Crosby"

First, that doesn't mean he is as good as Crosby.
    Second, that isn't necessarily his opinion, but his take on what people think.
    Third, this doesn't mean generational.

Banned

Wrong.

He said "He is considered by many to be the best prospect since Crosby"

First, that doesn't mean he is as good as Crosby.
    Second, that isn't necessarily his opinion, but his take on what people think.
    Third, this doesn't mean generational.
    I agree with you about generational. But yes that was Angus' opinion, that he was the best prospect since Crosby. See, Angus loves to use absolutes.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I agree with you about generational. But yes that was Angus' opinion, that he was the best prospect since Crosby. See, Angus loves to use absolutes.
    Can you show me proof. The only place I remember him saying that was on his website and I just copied his exact words from there.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Still doesn't mean generational.
    GO WINGS!