Page 112 of 371 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 5551

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I can't see the Leaf's trading their #2 C away for yet another winger. The Leaf's need C's as bad as EDM. maybe more!
    Good point. On another note, Legwand is gone to Ottawa at both a reasonable price AND term.

Dobber Sports Ninja

We'll never know if he was a potential signing in Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Petry won't fetch much in a trade, and the Oilers don't need to overpay........

- - - Updated - - -

Is Ribs a possibility?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Me thinks Ribs should go back to Washington on the cheap to revive his career.

Lots of chatter that the Oil want to give Arcobello/Lander/Draisaitl fair cracks at a roster spot.

I really don't want Roy on a multi-year deal.

One year to Koivu and if we don't need him trade him to a contender?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Deity

I liked the deals both Legwand and Jokinen got and would have been happy to see either in an Oilers uniform for those types of deals. Problem is, Edmonton would have probably had to add another million or so to lure them there, making the deal look stupid. Basically what they had to do with Nikitin.

If they are going to over pay on a FA, they may as well stick with Arcobello.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Legwand deal would've been great.
    Didn't see a fit with Jokinen but I guess it wouldn't have been hard to trade him.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's pretty sad that a 2 year deal with Roy is about as good as the Oilers can get now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    It's pretty sad that a 2 year deal with Roy is about as good as the Oilers can get now.
    He's as close to a decent 2C that they will find out there via FA right now. I like Steve Ott but he's not a 2C.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd pass unless it was a one year deal.
    12 tm pts only dynasty

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    He's as close to a decent 2C that they will find out there via FA right now. I like Steve Ott but he's not a 2C.
    He might be one of the few centermen who is both worse defensively, and softer, than Sam Gagner. I know he has this offensive upside, but he's just so bad at the rest of the game. You're right though, he is maybe the best option, but that doesn't say much.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    He might be one of the few centermen who is both worse defensively, and softer, than Sam Gagner. I know he has this offensive upside, but he's just so bad at the rest of the game. You're right though, he is maybe the best option, but that doesn't say much.
    Ya snooze ya lose. The Oilers were quick out of the gate signing Fayne and Pouliot. They needed to be quicker out of the gate on that 2C issue.

Banned

The last thing the Oilers need is Derek Roy or Olli ****ing Jokinen, jesus guys get a grip on reality for a moment here!

Basically there's nothing left on the FA market for the Oilers to go after, sometimes the smartest move is to make no move. Start exploring trade options if you really think you need to fill that #2 C slot, otherwise suck it up and be patient, imagine what the team might be today had they shown a little patience the last 5 years and built the team and developed the prospects?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Vanek! at the Disco View Post
    The last thing the Oilers need is Derek Roy or Olli ****ing Jokinen, jesus guys get a grip on reality for a moment here!

Basically there's nothing left on the FA market for the Oilers to go after, sometimes the smartest move is to make no move. Start exploring trade options if you really think you need to fill that #2 C slot, otherwise suck it up and be patient, imagine what the team might be today had they shown a little patience the last 5 years and built the team and developed the prospects?
    Pretty much identical to the way it looks now I think.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ya snooze ya lose. The Oilers were quick out of the gate signing Fayne and Pouliot. They needed to be quicker out of the gate on that 2C issue.
    Don't think that was it. Sadly I think they plan in going with RNH, Draisaitl, arcobello, and Gordon as their top 4. Unless a trade falls into their laps. If they wanted a ufa centre, they had the money to pay one. Still do. But I don't see it happening
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    Don't think that was it. Sadly I think they plan in going with RNH, Draisaitl, arcobello, and Gordon as their top 4. Unless a trade falls into their laps. If they wanted a ufa centre, they had the money to pay one. Still do. But I don't see it happening
    The Oilers problem with FA's isnt money. It never has been. The problem is luring the FA's to EDM.