Page 85 of 607 FirstFirst ... 35 75 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 95 135 185 585 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Hopefully the Habs can grab a third-line winger in free agency because I think White is better suited for line 4.

Or better still bring in another good top 6 winger (maybe UFA) and use Bourque on the 3rd line!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Or better still bring in another good top 6 winger (maybe UFA) and use Bourque on the 3rd line!
    If it can be done then I'm in favour of that. I just wonder if it can be done given the team's cap situation.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

French article: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/336239.html

Scott Gomez and Aaron Palushaj will not play tomorrow. Someone will be called up from Hamilton. I'm guessing it will be Louis Leblanc and the other roster spot will be occupied by a 7th dman.

Dobber Sports Sage

Daoust - I don't know much about Enqvist... could he be in the NHL soon? He's a big kid who needs to fill out his frame, but a 6'4, 200 pounder isn't a bad addition if he's ready. Could this kid be the big center they're looking for in the future..?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Daoust - I don't know much about Enqvist... could he be in the NHL soon? He's a big kid who needs to fill out his frame, but a 6'4, 200 pounder isn't a bad addition if he's ready. Could this kid be the big center they're looking for in the future..?
    I highly doubt he's the "big centerman" that they want. One of the reasons why the team acquired Nokelainen is because Engqvist played too soft for a fourth centerman. I think his potential is to land on a third line in a two-way role but he'll have to earn it the hard way by performing well on a team's fourth line. I think there's some NHL potential there as his play in the AHL is greatly improved but from a fantasy point of view in the NHL I don't think he has much value.

Administrator

Sorry guys I missed most of the Habs/Leafs game because I was out drinking and bowling. Apparently the bowling game was more entertaining than the hockey game. If anyone has something to offer the floor is yours.

Administrator

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/336399.html

French article mentioning that Andrei Markov expects to return before the end of the season. It might sound cliche to some, but he did do contact drills with Alexei Emelin. If his knee held up to Emelin's checks, I think Markov is on the road to recovery.

Dobber Sports Padawan

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/336399.html

French article mentioning that Andrei Markov expects to return before the end of the season. It might sound cliche to some, but he did do contact drills with Alexei Emelin. If his knee held up to Emelin's checks, I think Markov is on the road to recovery.
    In fact, he was paired with Emelin...but it is encouraging nonetheless. Markov's health is the X factor for next season, as it was this year...and we all know what happened!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    In fact, he was paired with Emelin...but it is encouraging nonetheless. Markov's health is the X factor for next season, as it was this year...and we all know what happened!
    I think that defensive pairing was an unwritten clause in Emelin's contract. I think they would make a good pair. Markov will probably not rush the puck much as two ACL surgeries probably took away any speed that he had. But his passing is top-notch and he is good positionally. Markov would play it safe while Emelin is the guy that crushes people along the boards.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think that defensive pairing was an unwritten clause in Emelin's contract. I think they would make a good pair. Markov will probably not rush the puck much as two ACL surgeries probably took away any speed that he had. But his passing is top-notch and he is good positionally. Markov would play it safe while Emelin is the guy that crushes people along the boards.
    Totally agree...a top 4 comprised of Emelin-Markov and Subban-Gorges would be pretty solid, with Kaberle/Diaz/Weber/any-bigger-D-signed-as-a-UFA competing for the bottom pairing. That also give two solid options on the back end for PP1 and PP2. Once again, so much relies on Markov's knee, from PP to managing the ice time of guys like Kaberle and Diaz.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Once again, so much relies on Markov's knee, from PP to managing the ice time of guys like Kaberle and Diaz.
    Which brings me back to my initial point. Let Emelin line up Markov a few times. Sink or swim.

Administrator

Dobber himself with an article on David Desharnais...

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...iW6tm8.twitter

Also, I want the Habs to put in a claim for Marty Turco just to mess with the Bruins. Have some balls and rock the boat a bit!

Administrator

Default Canadiens 4, Flames 5

Sorry guys, once again I missed chunks of the game. I am shopping for my first house and things are heating up. I arrived home just in time for the game but by the time I ate and simmered down most of the first period was basically background noise. I then passed out and missed the third period.

Some random thoughts:

Alexei Emelin ended up catching Tim Jackman juggling with the puck and put him out of the game. It was a solid hit.

It's nice to see Max Pacioretty keep scoring. He potted two goals and now has 28 in total.

Erik Cole has slowed down tremendously since his string of getting banged up every game.

Rene Bourque was pretty invisible against his former team and finished minus-2.

Josh Gorges has lost his edge. I wonder if the losing is getting to him but he is making a lot of mistakes lately.

Carey Price allowed five goals but was much better than the stats indicated. He did a good job keeping the game close before the bottom fell out.

At this point it's far more interesting to think about the future than the present...

Administrator

Originally posted here: http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=128046

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...r-scott-gomez/

According to this article Scott Gomez rejected a trade to the Islanders. The reasons why the Islanders would want this are clear to me - they are a cap floor team and Gomez's cap hit is much higher than his salary. If they could get him for something insignificant and bury him at the bottom of their lineup they would have an easier time meeting the NHL's cap rules.

But I still don't believe this rumour to be true. Gomez has been one of the worst players in the NHL this year. If a team is forced to spend a certain amount of money, it might as well do so intelligently in an effort to make the team better. By making the team better you put more butts in the seats which brings more revenue to the team. This is what the Florida Panthers have done successfully.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Originally posted here: http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...d.php?t=128046

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...r-scott-gomez/

According to this article Scott Gomez rejected a trade to the Islanders. The reasons why the Islanders would want this are clear to me - they are a cap floor team and Gomez's cap hit is much higher than his salary. If they could get him for something insignificant and bury him at the bottom of their lineup they would have an easier time meeting the NHL's cap rules.

But I still don't believe this rumour to be true. Gomez has been one of the worst players in the NHL this year. If a team is forced to spend a certain amount of money, it might as well do so intelligently in an effort to make the team better. By making the team better you put more butts in the seats which brings more revenue to the team. This is what the Florida Panthers have done successfully.
    I don't buy it either...and the source is Sun Media, which isn't reliable one bit.