Page 573 of 607 FirstFirst ... 73 473 523 563 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 583 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

People who know what Ryan Poehling's social media bio says daily, have too much time on their hands. Us people who talk about it likely have even more time on their hands .

Its all smoke at the moment. Danault's comments are more intriguing news in terms of future with the organization.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's just people with too much time on their hands making a story out of nothing. If they do get traded it's not because of their social media changes.
    I don't think the implication is that they are getting traded because of their social media. What is being implied is that these players know something about a likely/impending change in team and as such are prepping for that on social media. Both of those players do seem quite likely to be moved. If it were say Carey Price changing his social media to remove an association with the Canadiens that would be odd but probably nothing. Not so with Domi and Poehling.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Good news for Coach Julien... he is expected to fully recover and be back coaching next year.

https://www.nhl.com/news/canadiens-j...on/c-318771660
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

Yes but is that good news for the Habs? I’m wondering if Danault getting shifted to the third line behind Suzuki and JK (and then bitching about it to the press) would have occurred with “I loves me the vets” Julien behind the bench.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Expert

The Habs are still a ways away from having a nice core down the centre but its a least going in the right direction. With Suzuki-KK-Danault-Evans looking like the middle core, it'll be curious how the top 3 get deployed. Danault obviously wants to be the guy so it will be interesting to see how it plays out with him. If his ice time declines, then he'll likely walk at the end of the year but he would have good trade value if that is going to be the case.

Stu Cowan was talking about this yesterday. What does this do for Poehling. He was hinting packaging him in a deal but my initial thought is that it is maybe too early for that? I liked his game in college and at the WJC but did not see him much in his NHL stints. If he can be part of a package to get a legit scorer then good, but those are hard to come by in trades.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yes but is that good news for the Habs? I’m wondering if Danault getting shifted to the third line behind Suzuki and JK (and then bitching about it to the press) would have occurred with “I loves me the vets” Julien behind the bench.
    To be fair, Julien had already elevated Suzuki to C1 before leaving the bubble. And there were signs that he was experimenting with KK's line to provide him with more offensive wingers.
    It felt a bit like Muller was simply following into this path. But I agree that Julien has not demonstrated his trust in younger players, except maybe Suzuki this year.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    To be fair, Julien had already elevated Suzuki to C1 before leaving the bubble. And there were signs that he was experimenting with KK's line to provide him with more offensive wingers.
    It felt a bit like Muller was simply following into this path. But I agree that Julien has not demonstrated his trust in younger players, except maybe Suzuki this year.
    Not that he's had a whole lot of top tier options over the years, but it has been good to see him not smothering Suzuki.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Not that he's had a whole lot of top tier options over the years, but it has been good to see him not smothering Suzuki.
    True, I'm trying to remember which young player Julien coached over the years in Montreal who could be considered a future game-breaker...
    I guess you could think of Drouin, but his game is so inconsistent. I would have limited his minutes as well in key situations.
    Who else, Jacob de la Rose?

Dobber Sports Titan

True, I'm trying to remember which young player Julien coached over the years in Montreal who could be considered a future game-breaker...
    I guess you could think of Drouin, but his game is so inconsistent. I would have limited his minutes as well in key situations.
    Who else, Jacob de la Rose?
    Yeah, Drouin was the best I could come up with too haha. Otherwise maybe Mete more recently?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeah, Drouin was the best I could come up with too haha. Otherwise maybe Mete more recently?
    Mete was never really a gamebreaker potential. A top-4 defenceman, but he was never going to push the needle offensively

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Mete was never really a gamebreaker potential. A top-4 defenceman, but he was never going to push the needle offensively
    I missed your game breaker term in there. Then yeah, there really isn't much historical data there.

Dobber Sports Stud

I missed your game breaker term in there. Then yeah, there really isn't much historical data there.
    Just remembered that Julien also coached Galchenyuk for one full season, just before he was traded to Arizona for Domi.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Just remembered that Julien also coached Galchenyuk for one full season, just before he was traded to Arizona for Domi.
    Who received the better end of this deal? Galchenyuk getting out or Domi coming in?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Who received the better end of this deal? Galchenyuk getting out or Domi coming in?
    It's been a little better for Domi I would say. Galchenyuk seems to be playing his way out of the league.

Administrator

Apparently Domi put "MTL" in his bio so hopefully everyone will be ok now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust