Page 57 of 607 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 157 557 ... LastLast

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

The Magnificent One

I think the suspension killed them. Without that line they have a problem. Cole play around 15mins last night I believe thats his lowest in a few weeks. They need to play there hot guys more
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I think the suspension killed them. Without that line they have a problem. Cole play around 15mins last night I believe thats his lowest in a few weeks. They need to play there hot guys more
    The problem with the ice time was brought up already - Nearly half the game was spent on special teams. Cole does not do any PK and they often roll three forward lines on the PP. So without doing any math I think Cole's even strength ice time was proportional but I would have liked to see the coach maybe put that line out there more often while adjusting to the type of game that was unfolding.

Cammalleri killed the Desharnais/Cole line. He is playing so damn lazy it's sad. He is filling the Gomez role admirably.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Craig Rivet for Josh Gorges and Max Pacioretty.
    wow - I never realized that was the result. Great trade!
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bighabfan View Post
    wow - I never realized that was the result. Great trade!
    Yeah, that is the kind of trade that can change the fortunes of a franchise if it can avoid other monumental errors.

Meanwhile, here is a pretty good article explaining last night's game in more detail.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone...-last-night-40

Administrator

I'll have a post-game report of the 4-3 shootout loss in San Jose later today. I planned to post my thoughts after the game but I passed out sometime in the first few minutes of OT. I'm at work now and have a busy day ahead so I'll be back on early tonight.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 2, Kings 1

Wow, I totally forgot to post a game report for the Sharks game. Oh well. I'll focus my attention on the game that just finished with some fresh thoughts...

It was nice to pick up the win today. The team finished .500 on the road trip which is a lot better than the outlook prior to today. Although now that they won, maybe the Canadiens will take this opportunity to fire the coach...

The player of the game is no doubt Carey Price. He was outstanding yet again. He was bombarded in the first and late when protecting the lead. At all times he was up to the task and kept the score low enough to win. He was lucky to survive a violent collision from Dustin Penner. I find it amazing that you can take a hard hit on a goalie and only get a minor penalty. I'm not getting into a big discussion about this, but to me it seems like sound strategy to send a player hard to the net early in games. Power plays connect at about a 20% rate anyway.

Andrei Kostitsyn led the team offensively with a goal and an assist. His goal was the game-winner.

What I like most about Erik Cole is that he never has a bad game. Even though he picked up a couple minor penalties, he had a ton of scoring chances (six shots in total) and was all over the ice.

Rafael Diaz played 24 minutes. That has to be a career-high.

Mike Cammalleri has been much better the last two games but the big line will benefit from having Max Pacioretty back next game.

Louis Leblanc scored his first NHL point with an assist on Kostitsyn's goal. He was up to 11 minutes.

Yannick Weber only played 3:33 despite having a power-play assist. I don't think an injury was involved.

Dobber Sports Veteran

...Rafael Diaz played 24 minutes. That has to be a career-high...
    Diaz played an impressing 27:48 vs SanJose, logging the most minutes for both teams!!!
    He definitely passed Weber and Emelin on the depth chart.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Diaz played an impressing 27:48 vs SanJose, logging the most minutes for both teams!!!
    He definitely passed Weber and Emelin on the depth chart.
    On a side note, I am REALLY liking Emelin right now. He looks like a young Komisarek (pre-suckitis) in a lot of ways. His decision making is still very green but he skates very well and can throw a hit like few other.

Diaz so far looks like the real deal. Weber on the other hand has confidence issues. Whenever his ice time is cut he goes into a massive slump and it takes a lot to get him out of it. Unfortunately having him and Diaz on the same team is a bit redundant and so far Diaz is winning.

Dobber Sports Genius

I notice you were going to talk about the Sharks game. I got to say my Sharks didn't deserve that win as they didn't play better than the Habs. It was frustrating and the Sharks never lead. A shootout win for a team that never lead in the game is kind of hard for me to swallow and I got to say I love watching the Habs play. Wish we played against them more. Great win today too.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I notice you were going to talk about the Sharks game. I got to say my Sharks didn't deserve that win as they didn't play better than the Habs. It was frustrating and the Sharks never lead. A shootout win for a team that never lead in the game is kind of hard for me to swallow and I got to say I love watching the Habs play. Wish we played against them more. Great win today too.
    The Habs get themselves in trouble with their lack of size in their own zone. They are not great at getting the puck out of the zone which leads to a bunch of bad things when the opposition can keep it in there for a long stretch of time.

I recall Cammalleri and Emelin having strong games but otherwise a lot has slipped my mind as it was late and my sleep schedule has been pushed much earlier due to my job. I am really surprised that I made it to OT. Thanks for the game report from the Sharks' perspective!

Dobber Sports Icon

A few thoughts on the Kings game, better late than never:

- That AK46 goal was oh so pretty. Leblanc capitalizes on a turnover and races down the left side, crosses the blue line backing up the defender and with a backchecking fwd next to him, slams on the brakes and zips a pass across ice to AK46, who one-touches it back to Eller, who does the same back to AK46, who one-times it top shelf past Bernier, Sweet!

- Eller continues to impress, so much more poise and confidence with the puck this year, and really starting to use his size compared to last year.

- Thankfully the Plekanec experiment as PPQB seems to be over. And who is now in that spot? AK46, at least for part of the time, and he looked really really good back there. The difference is that he really does have a much more dangerous shot (slapshot but also a deadly wrister) than Pleks. But more importantly he just looks like he enjoys the role, Plekanec did not. I'd like to see them continue with this.

- Price looked GREAT!

- Good to see Cammalleri starting to come around, made some dangerous plays out there and was unlucky not to have had a few points.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    A few thoughts on the Kings game, better late than never:

- That AK46 goal was oh so pretty. Leblanc capitalizes on a turnover and races down the left side, crosses the blue line backing up the defender and with a backchecking fwd next to him, slams on the brakes and zips a pass across ice to AK46, who one-touches it back to Eller, who does the same back to AK46, who one-times it top shelf past Bernier, Sweet!

- Eller continues to impress, so much more poise and confidence with the puck this year, and really starting to use his size compared to last year.

- Thankfully the Plekanec experiment as PPQB seems to be over. And who is now in that spot? AK46, at least for part of the time, and he looked really really good back there. The difference is that he really does have a much more dangerous shot (slapshot but also a deadly wrister) than Pleks. But more importantly he just looks like he enjoys the role, Plekanec did not. I'd like to see them continue with this.

- Price looked GREAT!

- Good to see Cammalleri starting to come around, made some dangerous plays out there and was unlucky not to have had a few points.
    Eller looks really good out there. Through all the bad contracts on the team I am seeing a nice core of young guys emerging. Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Leblanc, Gallagher and Palushaj up front. Subban, Diaz, Tinordi and Beaulieu on D. And of course Price in goal. I hope that once the bad contracts expire they stick to short-term deals with vets while the new youngsters are brought on correctly. For the first time in forever I am seeing good drafting combined with proper use of the farm team to develop players.

Administrator

Leblanc stays with the Canadiens, Palushaj sent to Hamilton...

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...aj-to-hamilton

Dobber Sports Icon

Eller looks really good out there. Through all the bad contracts on the team I am seeing a nice core of young guys emerging. Pacioretty, Desharnais, Eller, Leblanc, Gallagher and Palushaj up front. Subban, Diaz, Tinordi and Beaulieu on D. And of course Price in goal. I hope that once the bad contracts expire they stick to short-term deals with vets while the new youngsters are brought on correctly. For the first time in forever I am seeing good drafting combined with proper use of the farm team to develop players.

I agree, it bodes well for the future, can't wait until when we have our own "Jeff Skinner" type in Gallagher, from all I've seen of this kid I think he can have a huge impact at a tender age.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382027

More from the Pacioretty situation and how the suspension does not stand up next to other rulings.